It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah, where is it getting it's Arms from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It seems that Iran and Syria both deny they supply Hezbollah with arms, only moral and financial support. If this is true then where are they getting these 100's of rockets they are firing daily lately into Israel? Plus all the other military hardware?

Does anyone out there not think that Syria and Iran are the major suppliers of Hezbollah's war machine?

What should be done if it is confirmed that Iran or Syria is/has supplied Hezbollah with arms? They both seem to deny giving them arms.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Has Iran even denied supplying Hezbollah with weaponry?

I always had the impression the relationship was pretty much open.
There doesn't seem to be much doubt that Hezbollah gets most of its material support from Iran.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes, Iran has denied supplying arms to Hezbollah, they only give moral and monetary support supposedly.

I will look up the reference later, have a pool game and beers waiting for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just like Israel sells equipment and weapons to Communists and drug dealers, they can buy them from any arms dealer that likes cash. Israel isn't the only arms dealer out there, neither is Iran, Syria, China or N.Korea. There are people who represent no governemt whos sole purpose is to make a profit from the sales of arms and munitions. Does it really matter where they get them from? Would it have been better if it was just lebanese casualties and no Israeli ones? They didn't shoot any missiles until after Lebanon was attacked anyway so it shouldn't matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Does it really matter where they get them from?

Yes i think it does matter, especially when one of the countries involved, Iran, is involved with very important negoations in the region. It's one thing to not admit you are shipping arms and another to say you don't ship arms and then be caught in a lie. Your creditabilty will be gone, if as a Nation, no one can trust you based on your word. I am just pointing out what seems to be a pattern of Iraninan duplicity when it comes to their word about this topic.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I will look up the reference later, have a pool game and beers waiting for me.

Run that table for America, way to not let the terrorists win!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

What should be done if it is confirmed that Iran or Syria is/has supplied Hezbollah with arms?

nothing should be done

Hezbollah, aka Army of God, was 'born' in 1984 to establish an
Islamic Republic in Lebanon... They have every right to buy arms
to defend themselves from Iran, Syria, Russia, NK, or anyone else
that's not in the western arms-merchants world.

here's a brief
'profile' of Hezbollah (Army Of God)
who are not just a militia or terrorist org as media presents them.

sorry, that turns out to be a default page....

but you can link to the relevent article, by clicking the right side column box
titled: Hezbollah: The Iranian Revolution's Legitimate Son

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hezbollah, just might be receiving support, money, materials, foods, and
even arms from other groups of Shiites in the Muslim world, now any number of
those resources may have come from or been produced by Iran or Syria,
but no body has yet prooved that Iran or Syria are lying when they officially state
their governments are not arming/selling to Hezbollah... rockets, etc.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Does it really matter where they get them from?

. It's one thing to not admit you are shipping arms and another to say you don't ship arms and then be caught in a lie. Your creditabilty will be gone, if as a Nation, no one can trust you based on your word. I am just pointing out what seems to be a pattern of Iraninan duplicity when it comes to their word about this topic.

So why do we continue to trust Israel. They have lied on many occasions. I agree with what you said, but still can't understand it. Thats not the way allies should work. Thats the way states like Iran, Syria work since we are not allied with them.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
need to bust out the disinfo and say that america giving both sides arms, but then again the US denied russia to join the g-8 or something like that so russia will have to sell arms and they dont' care who they sell it to, as long as if their the higgest bidder..

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Does anyone out there not think that Syria and Iran are the major suppliers of Hezbollah's war machine?

Given that Hezbollah is firing mainly Katyushas, and Fajr-3's at that, it's a pretty sure bet that Iran is their main supplier. And given that most arms come thru Syria, and the fact that a Syrian rocket killed 8 Israelis in Haifa last Sunday, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they too are involved.

What should be done if it is confirmed that Iran or Syria is/has supplied Hezbollah with arms? They both seem to deny giving them arms.

At this point, nothing. Their time will come, and the Israelis have long memories.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hmms who is supplying Israel with their weapons?

So now we all know who has a stake in this war the U.S., IRAN, AND SYRIA like we did not know that before, just goes to show eh

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
so? Iran supply hazbullah with money and weapons
name one country that hasnt supplied a entity in which it could expand on its cause or help out.

and not least i have to get my us bashing into this topic (sorry had to say it before another member quotes me and calls out US bashing) wont say who.

the united states is still the largest exporter of weapons to other nations
with russia next

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Illegal arms dealing is big profits and good business.

Specially in the middle east countries where only by US standards some countries are allowed to purchase weapons with US blessings.

Israel have the good fortune to have such a great Ally as the US to keep them well stock.

Other not so fortunate countries and military groups like hezbollah are tagged terrorist so contraband is the only way to get what they need.

The world is such a great place that we should all be happy to be part of one side or the other . . .

Who supply Hezbollah with weapons?, I guess anybody that wants to make money and Hezbollah is more than happy to pay for the goods.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, i wonder where Hezbo is getting their arms from?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You really dont believe syria and iran would openly admit to the world

''Yes we are supplying hezbollah, how did you know ? ''

I love it, Iran has sent countless 'Aid' into lebanon, and now happens to have 'volunteers' going there on there own merrits.

Isnt this just public wording for
' we sent the weapones in first '
' now we will send in the men '

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
You really dont believe syria and iran would openly admit to the world

''Yes we are supplying hezbollah, how did you know ? ''

I love it, Iran has sent countless 'Aid' into lebanon, and now happens to have 'volunteers' going there on there own merrits.

Isnt this just public wording for
' we sent the weapones in first '
' now we will send in the men '

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

When has anyone ever really believed Iran about anything anyway? Especially when it comes down to who they are helping?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I love the people in this thread who are making excuses (Everybody does it, Sure those arms were made in Iran but Iran didn't ship them to Hezbollah, somebody else MUST have) for Syria and Iran to send arms to Hezbollah even though they both officially deny doing that. Aren't you just a little perturbed about them lying about arming Hezbollah.

My point is I understand them sending the arms to their offspring in Lebanon. I just don't understand why they don't admit it. By being deceitful about it just undermines those nations. You think the world powers that are opposed to Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions will take Iran on it's word? Iran's word means nothing, why should we enter into agreements unless there are ironclad guaranty's of them being upheld. Why negotiate with either Iran or Syria, when it's obvious we can't trust their word on things.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Where is "israel" getting it's arms.

US openly admits arming "israel" , what should be done about america?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

My point is I understand them sending the arms to their offspring in Lebanon. I just don't understand why they don't admit it. By being deceitful about it just undermines those nations. You think the world powers that are opposed to Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions will take Iran on it's word? Iran's word means nothing, why should we enter into agreements unless there are ironclad guaranty's of them being upheld. Why negotiate with either Iran or Syria, when it's obvious we can't trust their word on things.

The nerve! Israel to this day denies the very existence of nuclear weapons, chemical weapons , and biological weapons even though everyone knows she has them and you can actually sit there with a clear conscience and point the fingers at other nations as tho they should be trusted any less then Israel should be? Did Israel admit that heavy water was purchased from Norway in secret or was it found out through 3rd party investigation? Please! Stop pointing fingers because it really is getting tiring showing people that Israel is no better. A common street criminal has more ethics then the whole crew of them. You are thinking people are like totally blind and have no idea what went on in past or present history.

Who is Israel that people should confess to them when they are in need of confessions themselves!?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've got two words for you all...

..Contra affair

How short some people's memories are

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join