It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp does NOT think aliens crashed in Roswell??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Taken from

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SPRINGER: What does George Knapp believe about area 51? Do you think aliens crashed there in 1947?

GEORGE KNAPP: I do not believe that any aliens crashed there in '47 since there wasn't even an Area 51 base until 1955. Do I believe the base was a storage facility for alien bodies or crashed discs? Hmm. Tough to answer. I'm not trying to dance here, but keep in mind that I am still a mainstream media news reporter. I work for a reputable news organization and a first-rate corporation that has afforded me considerable freedom to explore these topics over the years, something that few other MSM organizations would permit. I've been at it for 17 years now, and if you can name one other reporter in the country who has worked for a network-affiliated news operation or even mainstream newspaper on THIS topic for THIS long, I'd like to hear it. I'm not tooting my own horn, but am just pointing out that my employers have had the courage to do what few, if any, news organizations have done. For that reason, I am reluctant to make any definitive statements that would be uncomfortable for the folks who have placed their trust in me for so long. We all wish that other mainstream news organizations would take this topic seriously, right? Please don't ask me to take a position that will come back to bite me in the ass or cause my employers to re-evaluate my personal and professional interest in such matters.

This was pretty surprising to me. Considering he is a leading area 51 investigator, I thought he would for sure believe that aliens crashed in Roswell. It sounds to me like he might be side stepping it because of his ties to his news organization, but if thats the case, why is this issue so touchy? He has been pretty open about some other "out there" topics, so why is this different? Or does he just plain and simple not believe this happened.

Personally, after reading Gazrok's write up on Roswell, I was 99% convinced an alien craft landed there. So to me its a shock tha George Knapp does not believe the same considering his other beliefs.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by noslenwerd]

[edit on 26-7-2006 by noslenwerd]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I swear that says he doesn't believe aliens crashed in Area 51. He's not talking about Roswell NM. This looks like a huge confusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
I swear that says he doesn't believe aliens crashed in Area 51. He's not talking about Roswell NM. This looks like a huge confusion.

Right. That sentence is worded in a very misleading way. i.e. it could mean either.

These type of statements got me;

Hmm. Tough to answer. I'm not trying to dance here, but keep in mind that I am still a mainstream media news reporter. I work for a reputable news organization and a first-rate corporation

It leads me toward the belief that he knows far more than what he reports on. I can't get away from the feeling that he is somehow "censored" or what he puts out is "approved" in some way.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Area 51 and Roswell have nothing to do with each other.

Bob Lazar started the whole Area 51 hype much more recently than 1947.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah Knapp is just saying no aliens at Area 51. He is making no comment on whether or not alien technology crashed in the mesa outside of Roswell.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Yeah Knapp is just saying no aliens at Area 51. He is making no comment on whether or not alien technology crashed in the mesa outside of Roswell.

Yea I read it a little more closely and thats what I am getting out of it.

But I wonder what his official stance is on that? I'm assuming he believes an ETUFO crashed there? but who knows

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Springers question is: What does George Knapp believe about area 51? Do you think aliens crashed there in 1947?

So it would appear that the question was: Did aliens crash in Area 51 in 47?

To which his answer states no, because there wasn't an area 51 until 1955.

Surely the question was worded incorrectly?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why should it matter what Knapp believes. He knows nothing more about Roswell and Area 51 than anyone else.
Oh wait he's on TV.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That question, like all of them but two were copy pasted by me from the thread I started in this forum announcing George's participation on ATS. I didn't look at it closely enough and sent it to George the way I pasted it.

Had I looked closer, I would have changed Area51 to a ranch outside of Roswell. No matter though he'll be here for a Guest Speaker Appearance soon enough and the Members chosen to ask him questions will certainly get clarification on this issue.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't know LHC, I like Knapp. I'm not saying he has actual proof but I've read his response to the area 51 question a number of times and when it comes to the part about his belief about alien discs or bodies it seems to be a very long though hesitant "Yes" he believes strongly in that possiblity.

But I would think for the sake of his credibility amongst his co-workers and probably more to the fact that he has no proof himself he seems to dodge the question. But to me it sounds like he believes they were there at some point.

Though that may have to do more with his relationship with Bob Lazar than say first hand proof.

I personally think if he had hard proof he'd shout it from the roof tops.

I think, especially considering some references he made in the interview in regards to Kit Green and others that he may be privvy to more reliable information but in the end that's all he has information a snippet here and tantalizing morsel there. Heck he's probably as frustrated about the big picture as the rest of us.

But I personally like Georges work, I think he's done the best he can without actually being banned from television. I would have loved to been able to get near NIDS at any time, especially during the skinwalker ranch incident but I couldn't.

I do think the calibre of people feeding him information is probably better than your average joe but like the rest of us he hasn't really been able to come up with proof.

At least he knows the difference between belief and proof, which I think you'll agree more people could benefit from that attitude.

Just my two cents, but I for one think George is a decent egg, haven't met him but if I ever do and he turns out to be an utter tool I'll be the first to post it here, but I don't really think he is.

Las Vegas is a pretty good sized media market I can understand his hesitation in not wanting to lose a fairly decent pay check.

So does it matter what Knapp thinks? I believe it does.

I think that a guy with his crediblity in the main stream is good for the cause and he certainly seems grounded. So it may influence others to be more hard nosed than just believe, a good thing I think.

But that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I'm not convinced that an alien spacecraft crashed at Roswell, either. After reading Nick Redfern's book (Body Snatchers in the Desert), it seems to make more sense to me that the entire "crashed UFO" story is just disinformation to steer people away from the truth.

Far too many people see the Roswell Incident as the "holy grail" of the UFO phenomenon.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Mogget]

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Mogget]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moggetit seems to make more sense to me that the entire "crashed UFO" story is just disinformation to steer people away from the truth.

And what 'truth' is that? That it was a weather balloon?

I couldn't really get a handle on what George Knapp stands for (in that ATS interview). It's like he's muddying the waters, creating confusion.. but not because he wants it that way. I think he'd like to talk, but he freely admits that he can't give definitive statements otherwise it will potentially jeopardise his long-standing relationship with his employers. He's in a Catch 22. He's working for an Illuminati-sponsored organisation obediently toeing the line, afraid of losing his position, his livelihood, his reputation. Because of his reluctance to stick his neck out, you have to wonder if he really has anything of value to offer in terms of useful information. He just seems so blase about everything, and that is not helpful at all in my opinion.

If you want some real TEETH in a discussion, download the latest Dr Greer interview. Now that guy's not afraid to go where the sheep fear to tread. He's telling it like it is.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Everyone knows that there were no A-L-I-E-N-S who crashed in Roswell. And why? Because NO UFOs crashed in Roswell in 1947; that's why. The whole story is a complete fabrication and it behooves me why some of you people in this forum are sooooooo obsessed with "all things" Roswell. Amazing.....

Suggestion: Ask your mommies to read you "Little Red Riding Hood" instead tonight OK?

PS On second thought -- maybe not, it might keep you awake all night. Just tell her to skip the night-time stories and instead opt for a nice cup of warm milk.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Suggestion: Ask your mommies to read you "Little Red Riding Hood" instead tonight OK?

PS On second thought -- maybe not, it might keep you awake all night. Just tell her to skip the night-time stories and instead opt for a nice cup of warm milk.

Well! That's just unthoughtful, non contributory, inflammatory, unnecessary, degrading and downright rude. IMHO, this is exactly the sort of behaviour that this site attempts to steer clear of, it doesn't contribute anything to any discussion or debate and serves only to antagonise anyone with an alternative belief system to your own. Thank goodness for the ignore button.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Suggestion:Maybe only post in the thread that you believe.That way you,ll have a point of view that suits you and you won,t have to insult people that are searching for other possibilities than what is fed to us.

After all this is advertised as a conspiracy site..or does that bother you too?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Well! That's just unthoughtful, non contributory, inflammatory, unnecessary, degrading and downright rude. IMHO, this is exactly the sort of behaviour that this site attempts to steer clear of, it doesn't contribute anything to any discussion or debate and serves only to antagonise anyone with an alternative belief system to your own. Thank goodness for the ignore button.

Whoa! I better make sure my accident insurance is fully paid up this quarter. All I can say is that thank God this is only an internet forum where I need not fear walking outside my door and bumping into you at the mall somewhere!
And should I remind you that you are obviously going on the presumption that you are an authority figure of some sort in this forum, but hey, read this very carefully -- YOU ARE NOT!
And further more, because you are subjecting me to a tidal wave of accusations whereby you are not only judging me, but you are also trying to impose your ridiculous beliefs in A-L-I-E-N-S onto me! Should I remind you buster that this is America and I'm allowed to express my own thoughts and beliefs about certain topics without being threatened by some "unstable" types who possess moronic beliefs in fairies, the big bad wolf and aliens .... please, oh, please.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Weren't you the guy who believed he had an alien on his computer? I hasten to say, on that basis, you are a 100% certifiable nutbar!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And should I remind you that you are obviously going on the presumption that you are an authority figure of some sort in this forum, but hey, read this very carefully -- YOU ARE NOT!

I never claimed to be but if you have a right to air your opinion, then I could claim the same right, could I not?

And further more, because you are subjecting me to a tidal wave of accusations whereby you are not only judging me, but you are also trying to impose your ridiculous beliefs in A-L-I-E-N-S onto me!

erm, I was imposing my belief in aliens onto you???? Are we reading the same page? You have so much wrong here, you can talk to the hand. The tidal wave of accusations are facts, not accusations.

Should I remind you buster that this is America

The internet wasn't america last time I looked, nor was it america when I look out of my window or pay my taxes. nice statement though, thanks for the chuckle.

and I'm allowed to express my own thoughts and beliefs about certain topics without being threatened by some "unstable" types who possess moronic beliefs in fairies, the big bad wolf and aliens .... please, oh, please.

What is this threat you speak of? What and where is it? What are you talking about? Nothing....you have nothing constructive to say, positive or negative about this issue so you post an opinion that does not contribute, it offends.

You say you are allowed to express your opinion. So are you saying others aren't if it conflicts with what you deem suitable?

Just because some people talk about an issue is not resaon to think they believe in such. If none of this interests you, why are you even here? You make too many wild assumptions and sweeping statements that show a complete lack of thought.

I have never claimed any authority on these boards but I have been reading them for a long time. Holding an opposing view is what it is all about but discuss that opposing view if you want to get involved, I don't believe that these forums were created so that people like you can jump on and belittlea thread and every poster within it. As I said previously, your post contains offence and nothing in contribution to a discussion. By your rules, I have the right to say it!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

but you are also trying to impose your ridiculous beliefs in A-L-I-E-N-S onto me!

That's absolutely rediculous... Nobody is trying to "impose" anything on you.

Should I remind you buster that this is America and I'm allowed to express my own thoughts and beliefs about certain topics

I should remind you this is NOT America, this is a privately owned website that does not appreciate uncivil, rude people disrupting discussions via their personal ignorance or bias.

Either learn how to have a civil, polite conversation or stay away from the keyboard.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
After reading Palasheea's latest contributions, I have two thoughts....

Is my hunch that your earlier contributions were intentionally mocking this subject correct?

While I'm certainly not up for sainthood here on ATS, it is a relief to read someone who is quite possibly more rude than myself.

new topics

top topics

join