It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Leader: New phase of war has begun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Per Fox and CNN just in the last half hour said Hezbollah leader just gave a 30 minute speech in which he declared that a new phase of the war has begun and they will begin attacking "Beyond Haifa and beyond, beyond Haifa". He claimed last week that hezbollah had the ability to strike beyond Haifa so now i guess we will see. That is if he is unlike the Syrian and Iranian leaders who do nothing but boast and brag and spout off bold rhetoric with nothing to show for it. I guess time will tell.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A new phase has began.

Israel killed 50 hezbolla fighters.

Israel has killed a major hezbolla leader.

All I can say is if they dare launch a WMD-of any kind-it will mean the end of every hezbolla and no one in the world will be able to stop them.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

All I can say is if they dare launch a WMD-of any kind-it will mean the end of every hezbolla and no one in the world will be able to stop them.

If you haven't noticed The IDF/IAF is one big WMD in itself. Like a pack of rabid dogs tearing at the carcass of a dead deer.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Hmmmmm no one was able to stop Israel even before Hezbollah launched a WMD
. Really what do Hezbollah have to loose there all marked men as is ?, they see innocent lebanese geting slaughtered left right and center i would pull all the stops TOO !

[edit on 25-7-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
LOL good analogy Pie man. I guess if Israel's "disproportionate response" gives other terrorists a glimpse of what they can expect if they attack Israel, then the purpose is served. Even Hezbo's leader today said they never expected Israel to respond like this.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Even Hezbo's leader today said they never expected Israel to respond like this.

Exactly. Something like this does not normally require an attack. This is why so many people are upset and angry that Israel responded in such a way. In a way Im glad that people can see their true colors and their obvious disregard for human life. They have been doing this to the palestinians for years. Maybe now people will take notice and we will have less terrorist attacks worldwide as a result of finally seeing the plight of the Palestinians first hand and out in the open. The USA finally didn't cover for them this time, perhaps unintentionally and they showed their hand and their methods.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The problem is . . . that while Hezbollah has been tagged a rugged military and terrorist groups because they have ties with Hamas and they are enemies of one of our allies Israel . . .

Actually they has been able to help the people of Souther Lebanon.

If any of you have been giving close attention to Lebanon lately . . . they were enjoying quite some modern comforts . . . they were not living in caves you know. . .

Hezbollah needs supporters and they do not kill their own people in Lebanon.

But Israel careless who they target as long as is targeted hezbollah strong hold.

Now remember people that the entire region in the middle east has been of struggles to keep what many thing is their rights and identity and the preservation of lands.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think Israel sent a serious "Do NOT F with us" message to all would be terrorists. I do not believe that is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I think Israel sent a serious "Do NOT F with us" message to all would be terrorists. I do not believe that is a bad thing.

Yes is a bad thing when in the same message they are killing the people that they are to protect from the terrorist group that they are fighting.

What will happen if the Lebanese people decide to fight back?

Will they be tagged terrorist also?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
PieMan I don't really get your whole "Israel is evil" state of mind. Both of them are to blame, yet all I see is you saying negative things about Israel. Not to mention, don't you remember Israel saying they would stop if Hezbollah returned their soldiers. Yet no soldiers were returned? Wow Hezbollah really loves Lebanon that they can't even give up 2 soldiers to stop its destruction.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Lebanese are at fault anyway for not trying to do anything to stop Hezbo for the last 6 years. Israel is only keeping from attacking the Lebanese army directly because of their newfound "democracy" LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Not to mention, don't you remember Israel saying they would stop if Hezbollah returned their soldiers. Yet no soldiers were returned?

Actually Israel seemed to lie about that because they has said over and over that they would not have talks with hezbollah or any terrorist group and also the US government has said they same too.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
PieMan I don't really get your whole "Israel is evil" state of mind. Both of them are to blame, yet all I see is you saying negative things about Israel. Not to mention, don't you remember Israel saying they would stop if Hezbollah returned their soldiers. Yet no soldiers were returned? Wow Hezbollah really loves Lebanon that they can't even give up 2 soldiers to stop its destruction.

I don't see what the civilians have to do with Hizbollah not giving up the soldiers. Are you saying its right they punish civilians and a country for something Hizbollah did then? If an Israeli citizen comes here and murders someone,then runs to Israel to hide, that would mean that we should go to israel and kill all the civilians untill they give up the one person they are hiding? (This has happened by the way)

The whole idea is they have been trying to label themselves as "good guys" and the palestinians as bad guys when its been both of them all along. I already knew this but most Pro-israeli folks seem to think that Israel is goody-goody, which in itself is sickening because they are not and have not been. Its already a given that terrorists are bad, but when a country that touts itself off as being democratic and justified in everything it does , turns around and does things like this, we should take notice of it. We ally with and protect a country that does bad things to people, and in the end we suffer as a direct result of it. I do not wish to have to keep worrying about another plane crashing into a building here or worry about some nuke going off 2 miles from my house just because people refuse to see what our allies do and have been doing for many years.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Pieman come on, do you think Israel is intentionally targetting civilians? Hezbollah go into civilian houses and blend in with them, the same with all terrorists. If Hezbollah didn't do that, I doubt there would even be 1/3 of the amount of civilians dead.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hezbo are wimps that why they commit terrorism on Israeli's then when the Israeli's confront them straight up, they run into civilians homes and hide. What a bunch of Pansies!!!! Oh, excuse me, i forgot thats how they fight in that part of the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Pieman, infact, makes a good point in questioning who is using 'banned' weapons. I have no sympathy for Hezbollah, and Israel has the right to occupy lebanon, let alone bomb what it beleives are military targets.

BUT, what about this:
Is Israel Using Banned Weapons?.

??

Iran is working on nukes, and the Syrians are not party to any treaty prohibiting them from using mustard gas or any other chemical weapon. So its not unreasonable to think that Hezbollah might have some. Al-aqsa, the palestinian group, recently claimed to have Chemical munitions, and claimed to have used them in a particular attack (if they did, that known attack wasn't effective as a chemical weapon).

BUT, at the same time, that thread brings up some intersting question about just what the Israelis are hiding.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Look point blank: If you commit a terrorist activity against a state then you are putting yourself at the full wrath of those whom you committed terror against. Also, if you are a state and you harbor terrorists, then you are putting your gov't and citizens at risk against whom you committed terror against.

Really, its not that complicated.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Pieman come on, do you think Israel is intentionally targetting civilians?

Sorry i know that question wasn't directed at me but i thought i'd throw in my .02c anyway...

I don't think Israel are intentionally targetting civilians...BUT they ARE intentionally targetting civilian infrastructure which perhaps MIGHT be getting used buy Hizbollah, but are obviously getting used far more often by the majority of the Lebanese population, which happen to be innocent civilians.

Israels actions might not be to intentionally kill civilians, but it certainly seems they don't mind if on the way to reaching their strategic objectives they do.

Also it seems hard to explain how cars full of fleeing civilians can be mistaken for military targets... fleeing Lebanese refugees targetted

Also it's hard to justify blowing up food production facilities as a legitamate target.. Food? Terror?

The examples are too many to ignore..

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Look point blank: If you commit a terrorist activity against a state then you are putting yourself at the full wrath of those whom you committed terror against. Also, if you are a state and you harbor terrorists, then you are putting your gov't and citizens at risk against whom you committed terror against.

Really, its not that complicated.

um... sure I just seen you responding to another thread with exactly the same paragraph

??

so what, your paragraph covers it hey?? It reminds me of Govt policy...

lol "oh, its another Israel/Hezbo thread... I will just get out my trusty para that 'll set 'em right!!!!!!"

lmao

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I posted it in its own thread just for you house cat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join