It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli air raid hits U.N. observation post

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
>
BREAKING NEWS

Israeli air raid hits U.N. observation post killing four U.N. observers in southern Lebanon, Lebanese security sources say.
edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by 1981Psycho]

[edit on 25-7-2006 by 1981Psycho]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Another one?

Gee, I think America should hurry up and give Israel that consignment of "precision guided bombs" because these ones are hitting anything and everything it seems...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thats the second time. They want to eradicate any witnesses to their crimes.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Thats the second time. They want to eradicate any witnesses to their crimes.

It seems this is what theyre doing. I wonder what crimes theyre hiding. I would like to hear your opinoin on this pieman

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
UNIFIL are useless..
I remember when in 2000 Hizballah killed 3 israeli soldiers few hundred meters from one of their posts...They filmed the killing and the kidnapping of the bodies and didn't do anything...not only...but they refused to give the video tape to the israelis because "it will cause them to take a side"...it was big scandal back than...More over on their positions two flags are waving one of the UN and the other one of Hizballah...for 17 years they have done nothing at all...nearly 2000 soldiers with budget of 100 million USD...
Those guys should leave on 31 this month when their mandate is over and never come back...
But it's bad to hit them if they were not involved in any fighting...let's see what this all about...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
UNIFIL are useless..
I remember when in 2000 Hizballah killed 3 israeli soldiers few hundred meters from one of their posts...They filmed the killing and the kidnapping of the bodies and didn't do anything...not only...but they refused to give the video tape to the israelis because "it will cause them to take a side"...it was big scandal back than...More over on their positions two flags are waving one of the UN and the other one of Hizballah...for 17 years they have done nothing at all...nearly 2000 soldiers with budget of 100 million USD...
Those guys should leave on 31 this month when their mandate is over and never come back...
But it's bad to hit them if they were not involved in any fighting...let's see what this all about...

every word is gold

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

UNIFIL are useless..

I could not have said it better myself.

As everyone say's, it is always interesting when all the truth comes out.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

UNIFIL are useless..

Yeah I remember that. That was in retaliation for Killing the civilian Palestinian protestors pretty much the same day. They killed 3 civilian protestors and later that night Hizbollah attacked them and kidnapped 3 israeli soldiers.
Unifil was there to witness the whole thing or else it would be your fairytale of how 3 Israeli soldiers were kidnapped. You forgot to mention why they were kidnapped. Thats what they are there for...to observe and record.

The brave IDF killing innocent civilians and bombing ambulances. Nothing to pat yourselves on the back for.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- An Israeli airstrike hit a United Nations post in southern Lebanon late Tuesday, killing at least two of the agency's observers, according to the U.N. Interim Force in Lebanon.

The U.N. initially reported that four peacekeepers were dead, but later said there were two dead and two missing.

Lebanese security sources said the two missing observers are feared buried in the rubble of the building.

I would think the UNIFIL would vacate until a new resolution/agreement came into effect... They're just sitting ducks under the current circumstance.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is this not a war crime ?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I would think the UNIFIL would vacate until a new resolution/agreement came into effect... They're just sitting ducks under the current circumstance.

They already hit them once and tried to blame it on Hizbollah, the UNIFIL observers witnessed what really happened and reported on it. They are purposefully doing it so they do leave. They are clearly marked and being that they are supposedly an organized armed force you would think that they know enemy locations -vs- a friendly location by now that they wouldn't lob rockets at a neutral force. Its obvious they want them out.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Like the media and what they say and make it look like everything that Israel does is not a war crime so snap out of it!.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Like the media and what they say and make it look like everything that Israel does is not a war crime so snap out of it!.

Opps i forgot Hizbollah has infatuated the UN and now using U.N. observation posts to lunch rocket attacks on Israel

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Opps i forgot Hizbollah has infatuated the UN and now using U.N. observation posts to lunch rocket attacks on Israel

Right on man now you got it. It must be those arabs and their allahu akbar rants that is causing this. Any country that is has an alliance to the US can never do such an act because they represent the free world. All terrorist and unworthy people are the arabs. Not the jews, americans, canadians -[etc]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
UN secretary general Kofi Annan seems to be furious, and is calling for investigation into what he believes was a deliberate attack on the UN observer post in southern Lebanon.

"This coordinated artillery and aerial attack on a long-established and clearly marked UN post at Khiam occurred despite personal assurances given to me by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert that UN positions would be spared Israeli fire."

UN officials say there had been 14 incidents of firing close to the outpost from Israeli forces in the afternoon before it was hit.

Source Link

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As I said. Its obvious they wanted them out of there.
1 Canadian, 1 Chinese,1 Finnish,1 austrian killed in the attack by IAF/IDF forces.
Kofi Annan stated that it was a deliberate attack.

BEIRUT (CP) - An Israeli bomb destroyed a UN observer post on the border in southern Lebanon on Tuesday, killing four peacekeepers, including a Canadian, a UN official said.

UN chief Kofi Annan said Israel appeared to have struck the site deliberately. The dead included observers from Canada, Austria, China and Finland, a senior Lebanese military official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information to the media.

Canada had eight personnel in the area as part of the UN Truce Supervision Organization.

One Canadian UN staffer was believed to be in the area struck by the bomb - a soldier with the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry who has reportedly been in the region for nine months.

The bomb made a direct hit on the building and shelter of the observer post in the town of Khiyam near the eastern end of the border with Israel, said Milos Struger, spokesman for the UN peacekeeping force in Lebanon known as UNIFIL. Canada is not a member of UNIFIL.

Source

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There have not been any pictures of the post that got hit, so there is no way to tell if there was actually a UN flag waving outside. Attacking a UN post is not a war crime as it is no different then killing the other civilians already killed, whether you think that is a war crime is your own opinion. The evidence they may by trying to "hide" as far as their mission is the fact they may be targeting civilians.

A canadian was killed on his way to a hostpital, due to ilness. The ambulence had to hide because it was being targeted everytime it went out, it took 20 hours for a 2 hour trip to get the man to a hostpital, he died on the way there. The stories coming out from families that fled tell of possible war crimes as well, in one case a family in 3 cars driving to a refugee point came under attack, Israeli war planes killed a womens brother and his family in the car infront of her and family in the car behind them. That was in the local paper yesturday so I have no link

Israel has supperior intel, why they would attack cars or ambulences on the run is beyond me.
If the situation risk UN lives maybe the UN will pull out, Israel openly said they do not want the UN there while they are fighting.

[edit on 7/25/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
As I said. Its obvious they wanted them out of there.
1 Canadian, 1 Chinese,1 Finnish,1 austrian killed in the attack by IAF/IDF forces.
Kofi Annan stated that it was a deliberate attack.

Sorry for my igronance on international laws but if Israel can launch this latest war over 2 kidnapped soldiers, what are the repercussions for deliberating killing 4 U.N workers ?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hum mm . . .
that is to be decided by the one side that we support the most. . . and because our country supports Israel . . . no is not a crime.

Is casualties of war and collateral damage.

Who knows if too much fuss is made they could be tag as Terrorist disguised as UN workers or just spies.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sorry for my igronance on international laws but if Israel can launch this latest war over 2 kidnapped soldiers, what are the repercussions for deliberating killing 4 U.N workers ?

You are not ignorant. I doubt anything much will happen to them at all though. They seem to have immunity from this kind of thing it seems.

If they were to be punished by UN forces intervening they would more then likely unleash their WMD's at any and all countries that takes part. You don't get in between a dog and its bone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join