It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this section of the board needs better moderation!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesofbear

Originally posted by hoeon
i dont discuss with people who find the use of nazi-imagery funny.

To all others: please read the thread i ve linked before you judge my post.

I believe that thread has been moved to Below top secret. I understand there are a few people posting hoaxes, but that will happen with any discussion board.

My post was not a hoax.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Point Of Order

Originally posted by Palasheea
My post was not a hoax.

Of course that does beg the question: How would you classify it?

I guess this would be a good time to point out that you are always free to disagree with moderator decisions -- though they are still binding and we reserve the right to stand by our decisions.

Nonetheless, and though we're discussing this particular issue publicly, you can always contact a moderator directly via U2U to discuss an action, or submit a complaint any time if you want other staff members to review a decision.

We often find ourselves caught in the crossfire, and we're only human (well, most of us, anyway), but we try to do the right thing, and if you think we're wrong, we're willing to listen.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
Question:

How can you determine the difference between "obvious hoaxes" and legitimate sightings/encounters when every single post that has ever been on this site lacks the evidence to make headline news?

Not true. Check out my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
My post was not a hoax.

Yeah right, and I'm a seagull.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Haha, that kid think there is an alien living in his Dell computure logo?
First I would like to know why the kid was taking pictures of his computures logo in the first place... then why he stared at it until he actually found.. I think he found a face... man.. he needs to find a girl. Or guy, what ever he prefers.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I don't discuss with people who find the over-use of vowels in their web-identities funny. But in your case, I'll make an exception.

As a poster/hoster of a skunkworks thread about angels, demons and UFO's, I can tell you that I have about as much respect for UFOlogy as you have for religion. You yourself note the obvious connection between fervently held belief systems (good job, by the way), yet you poop on anybody else's right to note the connection YOU YOURSELF noted in your last post!

Well, too bad for you that this is a marketplace of ideas; what has value here is whatever hoi polloi feel like discussing.

Not that you're interested, but I'm a fan of Charles Hoy Fort, the Original Gangster of inexplicable phenomena, and his assertion was that any theory tells us more about the speculator than it does about the phenomenon witnessed.

Surely you are familiar with Eric Von Danniken's "Chariots of the Gods"? which is a book about the connection, observed or actual, between supernatural legends and extra-terrestrials. Yet in your estimation, I shouldn't be posting about him. . . .

It's been said many times, many ways:

If you are so sure what doesn't belong here on ATS, then go start your own website, and exclude ALL OF US from it. We'll all be happy, then.

cheers.

von Däniken as far as i know describes what ancient cultures thought were gods or demons as alien visitors. in this way it belongs in the alienssection, but if someone sees a light(ufo) and believes it is an angel or demon or whatever spiritual beeing it belongs in the religionsection. thas logical for me.

what are vowels you mean the "oeo" in my nick? english is not my first language i am an austrian and we are a bit sensitive about everything "nazi". i had a better nick once but i was naughty and used bad words in a discussion with a billy meier-freak so i got banned. hope this little confession does not get me banned again, i am a good boy now.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by hoeon]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
but i was naughty and used bad words

Hard to believe.

Theories concerning what UFO's are, belongs here, in this section.

If you think UFO's are actually bits of pasta that escaped from an astronaut's food-tray, then it still belongs here, even if it might also belong in the food section.

Some people think UFO's are military craft. Should they be exiled to the military hardware forum? Most people wouldn't think so.

This forum is not merely for those theories you subscribe to, but to all serious theories. The idea that aliens and supernatural beings are alternate explanations of the same stimuli actually explains quite a bit about both manifestations of paranormal phenomena.

Again, if it's touches on UFO, it belongs here.

The Admins said it, I believe it, and that settles it.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I just want to add my support to hoeon. I have to say i fully support his views on the current state of the Aliens forum. I have followed it (although rarely posting) for a long time and I think things started going down sometime around the Profit Yahweh thing, followed later by the Serpo hoax. I also see that many serious members who have thoroughly researched the UFO/E.T. phenomena have stopped posting here. I still keep checking the forum once in a while, but most of what I find these days is real nonsense. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

And, hoeon, thanks for bringing up this issue..

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Jgruh4e]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jgruh4e
I just want to add my support to hoeon. I have to say i fully support his views on the current state of the Aliens forum. I have followed it (although rarely posting) for a long time and I think things started going down sometime around the Profit Yahweh thing, followed later by the Serpo hoax. I also see that many serious members who have thoroughly researched the UFO/E.T. phenomena have stopped posting here. I still keep checking the forum once in a while, but most of what I find these days is real nonsense. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

And, hoeon, thanks for bringing up this issue..

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Jgruh4e]

thx, feels good to be not alone, and yes longhaired cowboy and jritzman almost stopped to contribute to name only 2 former regular contributors i respect.

i always thought one day i would find evidence on ATS but maybe i was wrong, maybe i will look somewhere else(takes to much time to sort out the garbage).

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Not very nice to automatically dismiss someone because of their avatar. But you obviously don't seem to have the open-mindedness that many other ATS posters seem to have...

Personally, I find your Avatar offensive as well.

And given that if you created anything like that in Nazi Germany when it was at its peak you would be quite deceased I'd have to say that it's not really much of a political statement either.

I.e. You still have the freedom to express such a view and yet your view is that the current leader of the US is equatable to a fascist that repressed freedom of speech, took away many personal freedoms and tortured and murdered MILLIONS.

Political comment: 0
Ironic example: 1

And just out of curiosity, why do you think anyone actually gives a stuff about what your political view/orientation is that you need to constantly proclaim it with your avatar?

Pokey Oats

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join