It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "open" Military personnel really are........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
First off, I just want to say I am NOT in the military, nor have I ever been. I will leave my company name and such out of this, but I am a mechanical engineer for a large software firm that does Civilian Contracting work for some of the large Military Instillations in the USA. I have mostly been to smaller bases around the Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan Region. While working on different projects, I was extremely surprised how openly some of the "people" I worked with were about talking about secret aircrafts and military operations regarding UFO's and such. Has anyone else had this experience? I don’t really care to get into detail, only because my security clearance and such could be at risk. I am traveling to Wright Patterson for work in the next month. This will be my first trip there, so I am extremely interested in that facility. Very large and has a long history of UFO lore from what I understand. Anyways, anyone else have any opinions on the military personnel’s "open" stance on this?? Really surprised me, especially after the security clearance I have and the individuals I deal with! Your thoughts..................................

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So now the resident NSA ATS watcher will sit back, note 'noobie' alert on a post it note, and take a look at all engineers going to wright soon - then you will all be grilled, all the people you have or may have spoken to will be grilled, your computers searched, and the patriot act used to throw you in prison forever.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
hahaha not exactly that easy! But thanks for the laugh, that was a good one! You would be suprised how many engineers are in and out of Wright Patterson on a Daily basis! Im only going there for minor work, nothing to complex! Im looking forward to a grand tour of the place, although, Im sure my tour will be limited to certain places on the base! Nevertheless, looking forward to visiting the complex!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY27
hahaha not exactly that easy!

If you have a security clearance it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
took me 18 months to get my security clearance, and my job duties don't exactly fall into the level of "top secret". I understand the information I can gain while on the base and on their computer systems is secret, but I would never even think about attempting that! I do know some individuals with top secret clearance from the DoD, however, my involvement with them has been few and far inbetween! Would be nice to have the clearance! However, any posts regarding my question?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by EngineerGuY27]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least. People are people no matter where you go. There are two factors at work here.

1. If you are inside the facility, you must be OK.

2. People love to impress each other with what they know.

I am in an industry full of paranoia and proprietary information. I don't like to tell anyone anything and that includes employees from different departments. However, if I fish enough, I know I can get people to talk to me. It's almost like it's burning a hole in their tongue and the have to.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've seen that everywhere. I think its the "hot gossip" factor combined with the "I know a secret" factor. Its incredible the openness in which some people will discuss their workplace.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
great points! I am not under the impression the people I have spoken with have "first hand" knowledge, but rather they heard some things from others. I have met one individual personally who WAS an aeronotical engineer for lockeed that had some pretty interesting things to say. Thats neither here nor there, but, it just amazes me how open some people are. Especially given their positions. Then again, I guess that just adds to the mystery. Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true. Hopefully one day we will all find out! Thanks for the responses!!

[edit on 25-7-2006 by EngineerGuY27]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
About for or five years ago I was told that the YF-22 had a twin vertical take off plane (wich just two weeks ago was unvieled to us civilians) by a navy pilot I would imagine that if it took five years to unviel the plane then right about the time that I was told it would surely be top secret above classified info. so there you have it they love to spill the beans talk to those service people more give us some details

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamienLB so there you have it they love to spill the beans talk to those service people more give us some details

Yessss ve vant names, ranks and serial numbers and a detailed report...in triplicate...

Ummm just don't let Intelgurl catch ya

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I agree.

edit: I erased details for stupid patriotic reasons. I can't go into detail, but people don't want their friends and family to be ignorant. That's human nature and is moral.

So then what is a culture of pervasive secrecy? NECESSARY and IMMORAL.

Moral folks every where will help correct your misperceptions. Especially if you ask innocently and state simple disinformation affirmitively. A little alcohol helps too.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
edit: I erased details for stupid patriotic reasons.

[....looking through the recycle bin for edit scraps....:shk:

The over powering will to survive doth indeed override the incessant human need to blab.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY27
I was extremely surprised how openly some of the "people" I worked with were about talking about secret aircrafts and military operations regarding UFO's and such.

I think your'e being BS'ed. To my understanding very few troops (as in a select few) have experience, access or even knowledge of UFOs.....their's probably a few more for black aircraft. But as far as UFOs, the alien kind, I think a few flyboys are trying to pull a fast one you.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I've known a few airmen and soldiers to bring it up a few times, but nothing really outside "what if" talk.

I don’t really care to get into detail, only because my security clearance and such could be at risk.

I don't think your security clearance even goes that high. But if it does it would interesting to know what kind you got

I am traveling to Wright Patterson for work in the next month. This will be my first trip there, so I am extremely interested in that facility.

I've heard the museum at WP is awesome. Try to check it out if you have time.

Sporty

[edit on 1/8/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lets not forget that a security clearance alone will not get you ANY info, that most important thing is "NEED TO KNOW", In Korea I had a TS SCI clearance and so did my girlfriend but the best I could do when we went to her place of work was to get to about 100 feet from the actual place her work was done and had to wait at a security check point for her to return. but she did tell me a few thing I know she wan't suppose to. Also I worked with a guy who had crossed trained into my AFSC from being a radar operator at NORAD and he said that things flew daily from the Earth to space and came from space to the Earth (always to or from a few set locations) and they were always told to just ignore those objects.

I can tell you one thing all the clasified info I ever saw had in common, it was BORING! boring, boring, boring. It was never opening up a classified T.O. and there was the plans to the big moon based laser weapon. It was crap like pulse recurance times and pulse recurance frequencys, scan times, yadda, yadda, yadda... Nothing you would want to really know or could imagine anyone else would ever want to know. Yes I understand the MILITARY importance of the info but it had a coolness factor of 0.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Lol. Sorry Garraman. I imagine a lot of details aren't too exciting in the technical fields. Did that individual ever tell you what the locations were from which 'things' came and went to space?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My security clearance is pretty low! I am an engineer, and I have access to their database and software! So, I could gain access to files and such, but NOTHING as important as UFO's or Black Projects!! I wish I was that important!!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Engineer guy:

You need to get on an "adversarial" systems integration team. That takes the "c" out of 'SCI'. It's hard for them to ask you to figure out why vendor 1's new unobservable radar puts the smackdown on vendor 2's new inertial nav system and not give you access to the whole thing. Not impossible, but tough.

funny watching them trying to drape shields over the parts you aren't in. Sort of like a patient in an o.r.

There's been times I think they'd have liked to put a bag over my head.

"Hey, what's this under here...aw SWEET Boeing finally got [x] to work,did they?"

"You...you aren't @#$@#$ supposed to know about that!"

"What, like that's a secret? Are they using the new GaAs modules? Hey, look how they did the cooling system, Mike, get a load of ... URK" (snatch)

"GET ... OUT... OF...THERE...DAMMIT"

Tom

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They are not open at all. Talking about anything completely secret, AND talking about it without knowing about it at all? That doesn't make sense. This is why we don't see any info over the Net about any UFO project at all.

I can understand them, they don't want to share any information, and if anybody talks aabout anything, he or she will follow up with the consequences as well.

new topics

top topics

join