It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberian Valley of Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Forgive me if i posted this in the wrong area, or if it has been discussed before (i searched and found nothing), does anyone have any additional information on the anomalous constructions in the siberian death valley in yakutsk? It seems to me that this is not scrutinized nearly enough, including it's ties to the tunguska event and numerous folk tales of high strangeness in the area.

removed 'all caps' in title

[edit on 25-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Google found me this
and this.
Both seem related to that strange comet in Tunguska.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I find it incredible that people aren't flocking to Death Valley when there's so much mystery surrounding it! Just think about what we might find if we went there with the right technological equipment. amazingly interesting read, looking forward to seeing what comes out of this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I know this has got nothin to do with the subject but Rattus Norvegicus where did u get the cool gif file with Zidane

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Sorry about the caps, lazy typer. I've read the stuff you linked to on google, i was hoping someone had something else to add that wasn't in there. Perhaps someone who has possibly been there, or perhaps someone with a lot of time on their hands zeroed in on something interesting with google earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
it is very simple.I is called Valley Death because Stalin was testing nuclear weapons there in 1950.And there was a lot of nukes!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais
it is very simple.I is called Valley Death because Stalin was testing nuclear weapons there in 1950.And there was a lot of nukes!!!

Err...

There was also a Gulag in Siberia, known as the "Valley of Death".

The Russian Nuclear Testing was done in:
Semipalatinsk Test Site - Kazakhstan
Novaya Zemlya - Arctic Ocean.

There were a few in Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenia. However, not many were ever done Russia. Especailly when Stalin was still alive. In fact, he died before RDS-4 was tested.

Anyway, Mr. Man who posted the thread: www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Thanx all for replying, but Rattus and fett are the only ones so far have even the foggiest clue of what it is i'm refering to,
and Odium, i know of that article, what i am looking for is something new. The problem with these articles is that they make a big deal about doing an expedition, then you never here about it again. I would think that if even half of what this guy is saying is out there, it's a pretty big deal, at least from an archaeological standpoint, and at a most truly astounding and paradigm shifting discovery.
And, i'm not talking about a bunch of bones in an abandoned gulag, or nuke testing.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEATHKNELL
Thanx all for replying, but Rattus and fett are the only ones so far have even the foggiest clue of what it is i'm refering to,
and Odium, i know of that article, what i am looking for is something new. The problem with these articles is that they make a big deal about doing an expedition, then you never here about it again. I would think that if even half of what this guy is saying is out there, it's a pretty big deal, at least from an archaeological standpoint, and at a most truly astounding and paradigm shifting discovery.
And, i'm not talking about a bunch of bones in an abandoned gulag, or nuke testing.

Exactly! That's why I don't get that people don't seem to be 'interested' in researching these type of findings. God knows if I had the money I'd be gathering up people and scientists and flown out there immediately. I always get so curious, and it pisses me off when I read about governments trying to hide or push findings under the carpet. I just want to know what's out there. Maybe I'm just too curious for my own good...

Btw, for the guy asking about my avi; sending you a u2u now.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
But if you note that on this page at the bottom the author

Valery Mikhailovich Uvarov is the head of the Department of UFO Research, Palaeosciences and Palaeotechnology of the National Security Academy of Russia, and has devoted more than 14 years to ufology as well as to the study of the legacy of ancient civilisations. He is the author of numerous papers on palaeotechnology and palaeosciencce, as well as ufology and esoterica published in the Russian and foreign press. He has initiated and participated in a number of expeditions to India and Egypt in search of material evidence of ancient knowledge. He is a regular speaker at international ufological conferences, and gives lectures and seminars in Russia, the UK, USA, Germany and Scandinavia. He was also a speaker at the 2004 NEXUS Conference in Amsterdam and the 2004 NEXUS Conference in Brisbane.

So this might mean that they soviets really did explore, i cant imagine them not doing so.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe, but why hide it, though? I mean, if there's nothing there, why not say it?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Nahanni valley (a.k.a headless valley) in Canada springs to mind. In 1908 two miners were found dead- both heads missing. Not sure on anyone else who has been found dead in that particular location- but the two dead miners were lapped up by the media declaring a Bigfoot was on the loose.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just found this Interview, if you scroll halfway down the page.

According to Uvarov the 'Installation' is intimately connected with Planet X:

GWB: "Are you aware of strange stories or rumours concerning the so-called 'Planet X'? If some new and heavenly body had entered our Solar System, astronomers would surely detect it and declare its presence."

Valery Uvarov: "I cannot speak for astronomers in the West, but astronomers within our Academy tell us we have nothing to fear. I have heard people talk about a rotation figure of 3,600 years for this planet, which is in a similar orbit to that of the Earth, but behind the Sun. We know that this planet and the installation in Siberia are closely connected. Let me say that we believe that this installation is keeping that planet in a stable orbit. If the planet were to move, to shift orbit, the entire Solar System would become unstable. Those of us in the Academy are sure that this planet is inhabited, and that this installation is designed to protect them, and us..."

Well it seems he connects those Domes with the Planet X Theory.

However this is an intresting read,seesm to be the same guy involved in some shady business transactions.

Here another link.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rattus Norvegicus
Maybe, but why hide it, though? I mean, if there's nothing there, why not say it?

Well thats how they were in the Cold War and i dont think much has changed today,never reveal secrets and such.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
perhaps someone can spy something on google earth? i've looked before,and i'll try again, but there is a lot of blurred out areas.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Haven't examined all the links, but I can say that some of them are pure ... uh... bunk.

From this one: www.nexusmagazine.com...

Then there was a big ritual occasion at which the "Great Shaman" announced the "End of the World"

Shamanism among the Siberian people has been well documented...there's lots and lots of books on it. No such "Great Shaman" exists. Nor do the shamans hold council meetings.

There really isn't a text called "the Olonkho", either. Olonkho is a type of storytelling (like opera) and there are literally hundreds of them: www.sakha.ru... Like opera, many are works of fiction and are understood by the locals as fiction.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Think what Earth would be like if 'it' hit the plenet insted of exploding in mid air!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'll be quick with this,
My gut feeling is that the incomming object exploded after it had compressed millions of cubic meters of our atmosphere in an instant, creating heat and pressure substantial enough to react with the object. Perhaps the object was of a more exotic make-up than we have encountered yet, one volitile enough to "impact" before actually touching down.

As for the facility.... All I could find is this vid

??????

Probablly been in a squillion other threads. Probablly has nothing to do with this. Probablly is a total hoax played by somebody with a ton of money and time.

But whatever, all this entertained me for a good half hour

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They had an article about the Siberian Installation for years in Nexus an online australian magazine. It was a free article. Now its gone. And a search in nexus turns up nothing about.In the interview the russian scientist said there are towers with openings large enough for a man riding a horse to go inside. People do take refuge inside when they get caught in a blizzard. Inside its warm. One guy fell asleep with his head against the wall. When the blizzard was over he left. Next day he found he had a bald spot where his head touched the wall.Supposedly the russian government knows about this place since this russian scientist says he only answeres to Putin.

new topics

top topics

join