It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin saw an UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I just found an article about a documentary which aired in Britain. It talks about how the Apollo 11 mission was not prepared to go. The article talks about how Buzz used a pen to fix a circuit breaker but also claims that the astronauts saw an UFO.
Nixon was ready to report NASA deaths

What do you guys think of Aldrin's claims and the fact that USA pushed the mission risking the lives of the astronauts?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
well i dont know whether this webpage is reliable or not, but here is some more info on the 1969 guys seeing aliens on the moon:

www.subversiveelement.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Should be a good program tonight supposedly with some input from the men themselves.

I read about it in a UK tabloid today. Gotta be worth watching at least

[edit on 24-7-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well, according to a very often repeated story, Neil Armstrong reported back to NASA via their radios that they saw a bunch of UFOs on a crater across from where they landed. There have been various theories passed around that we were watrned off the moon by various entities.

Aldrin and Arm,strong are very tight lipped publically about UFOs and deny seeing them. However, plenty of credible sources have reported that Aldrin and Armstrong have admitted to encountering UFOs.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
thesaint..what channel, what time?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My father was a very high level govt adviser back in the '80s and '90s. One time I was visitng him at his home when he got a phone call from Buzz Aldrin. Buzz was trying to get the word out about the UFOs he had seen while on his space trip. That verified for me Buzz's claims of seeing a UFO.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
are you actually not joking?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This Show looks like it is going to be good. Please find a way to record it and load it up and post it here.

What a great testimony this would be to ha Buzz say this kind of info.

Daily Record

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What Buzz said was:

They noticed a large object that appeared to be some sort of craft flying parralel to them. The crew thinking it may have been the fusalage of S-IVB the first stage rocket that had been jettisoned from their craft 2 days earler. They called in to Houston to ask what was the location of S-IVB to be told that S-IVB was approx 6000 nautical miles from their current location. (Actual radio comms footage was played of this conversation). The crew then realised what they were looking at was not a part of a US made rocket part but was actually a UFO. He actually admitted this in this program during an interview. He said for fear of being ridiculed the crew decided not to elaborate on this incident much on their return.

They even showed video evidence of this UFO which was seen at a later date by members of a different mission. This item was clearly not space rock or a dust cloud it was blatantly a uniform cylindrical object. Dont forget these crew had left earths atmosphere 2 days earlier and under propulsion were heading towards the moon. Whatever this thing was clearly had some sort of propulsion to keep parralel with them for so long

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think its worth reviewing the Buzz interview again - at no point does he imply that the object is extrarestrial - nor does he make the make the statement that they shut shut up about it by consensus - that part is uttered by the commentator on the programme. What he does assert is that they did check on the distance from the booster - and could clearly recall that it the was 6000 Miles. The v/o from Houston confirms 6000 Nautical Miles. However he does talk about the object - which they couldnt se that clearly had stripes on it - like the booster stage. I would love to see an unedited version of that segment just to be sure what he was implying if anything.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Silk]

Just found this - apparently this is not a new programme -

Science Channel Airing of the programme on C5 tonight

So i stand corrected

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied

Ironically this story was futher perpetuated by the creators of the Roswell myth…

Moore and Berlitz and Friedman creators of Roswell myth

Omg this thing is going to far... Now Roswell is a myth and the three above are the creators

As for William Moore he admited to be part of an inteligence agency (after Paul Bennewitz affaire) and also Friedman has been accused to be pretty much an asset (don't know Berlitz position even though I've read few of his books) but to say that Roswell is a creation and a myth this for Christ sake is way too much

P.s. Are the same voices that threw all that dirt on Bob Lazar... I was too happy to read George Knapp claiming that he believes in Lazar.
Roswell a myth?

Hey AD, was it a Weather balloon or a swamp gas ??? Or was Venus and somebody thought was a UFO

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Telos]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well I think I've read the same lines as you did but depens how you wanna read:

I do not believe that Bob Lazar is lying about the overall story,
not consciously anyway. I believe he is telling the truth as he remembers it. Take that however you want.

Now correct me if I'm wrong... You think that Roswell is a hoax perpetrated by these 3 guys?

If is so then I don't see the point of creating a story going back almost 40 years. What's the purpose of that?
And if is not so and the story has been created by the Government in 1947, why would 3 people (one of them declared as a part of an inteligence agency and counterinteligence operation and with an horrible reputation) want to deal 40 years later and try to "create" the myth?

Can you tell me what's the logical explaination of this?

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Telos]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I just found an excelent clip that some of you might be interested in.
www.theufomovie.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wizard_1988 this link has been posted at least ten times in this board. Lol
I've seen it and si very interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So if Apollo 11 saw this UFO, and it was part of the rocket wouldn't

1) the following Apollo launches see the similar part of the rocket following them
2) and if they did then Buzz's story should of died 35 years ago
3) if it was an "unidentified" then wouldn't a "damn Russians chasing/maybe shooting at us be the next question to ask?
4) if these guys studied this UFO with a telescope and discovered that the James Bond "You Only Live Twice" rocket scenario wasn't real then I guess the aliens have a right to see what we were up to.
5) if it was the Soviets "following" then I think we have a juicy story yet to be told.

I think there's some more questions to ask people...I'd keep asking Buzz and NASA some follow ups. I guess that'll take another 35 years to happen?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Access,

To clarify, what is your opinion about what Buzz is referring to in the video in question?

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
What Buzz said was:

He said for fear of being ridiculed the crew decided not to elaborate on this incident much on their return.

Um, not quite thesaint...

A transcript of the relevant part of the documentary was helpfully made available on the Internet by Dave Stone on UFO Updates when it was shown in the USA.

His transcription is set out below for ease of reference:

Narrator: But three days and 200,000 miles into the flight,
Mission Control did miss the significance of a cryptic message
from Apollo 11.

Apollo 11: 'Do you have any idea where the S-IVB is with respect
to us?

Mission Control: 'Stand-by'

Narrator: The Crew required information on the current position
of the S-IVB, the final stage of the rocket which had been
jettisoned away 2 days earlier. This short message hid an
extraordinary turn of events: Apollo 11 wasn't alone in space.

Buzz Aldrin: There was something out there that, uh, was close
enough to be observed and what could it be?

Narrator: Traveling along side of Apollo 11 was a mysterious
object like this one (a ringed object at close range is shown),
filmed on a later mission. If it wasn't part of their own
rocket, it could only be one thing, a UFO.

Aldrin: Mike (Collins) decided he thought he could see it in the
telescope and he was able to do that and when it was in one
position, that had a series of ellipses, but when you made it
real sharp it was sort of L shaped. That didn't tell us very
much.

Dr. David Baker (Apollo 11 Senior Scientist): NASA knew very
little about, um, the object reported by the Apollo 11 crew. It
was obviously an unidentified flying object, but such objects
were not uncommon and the history of even earth orbit space
flights going back over the previous years indicated that
several crews saw objects.

Narrator: Despite having a clear view of the UFO, the crew were
wary of reporting it to Mission Control.

Aldrin: Now, obviously, the three of us were not going to blurt
out, 'Hey Houston we got something moving along side of us and
we don't know what it is, you know, can you tell us what it
is?'. We weren't about to do that, cause we know that those
transmissions would be heard by all sorts of people and who
knows what somebody would have demanded that we turn back
because of Aliens or whatever the reason is, so we didn't do
that but we did decide we'd just cautiously ask Houston where,
how far away was the S-IVB?

Narrator: Unaware of the drama unfolding in space, Mission
Control radioed the position back to Apollo 11.

Mission Control: 'Apollo 11, Houston. The S-IVB is about 6,000
nautical miles from you now, over.'

Aldrin: And a few moments later, why they came back and said
something like it was 6,000 miles away because of the maneuver,
so we really didn't think we were looking at something that far
away, so we decided that after a while of watching it, it was
time to go to sleep and not to talk about it anymore until we
came back and (went through) debriefing.

Narrator: To this day, whatever it was that the crew saw has
never been positively identified or officially acknowledged.

Dr. David Baker: There were a lot of people within the program
who went off later and became convinced that UFOs existed and
that lead to some concern on NASA's part where they got the
agreement of the crew never to publicly talk about these things
for fear of ridicule.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
From what I gather, after reading the book “Leap of Faith” coauthored by Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin never saw a UFO during his Apollo 11 flight. Gordon was one of the Mercury Seven, but was still active in the space program during the Apollo missions and knew these guys intimately. Gordon makes some claims about seeing UFO’s before the space program, but explicitly explains that several rumors made about other astronauts seeing UFO’s during space flights were not true.

It seems that Buzz had more trouble when being questioned if they actually landed on the moon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yea, just because Buzz Aldrin is NOW saying that they DID see some UFOs up there doesn't count cuz of that book that came 10 yrs ago where he's saying they DIDN'T see anything. So, well, obviously... he didn't see anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I very much doubt that the booster would be visible from 6000 miles away.

<<   2  3 >>

join