It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Remains Opposed to Mideast Cease-Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This is truly about the clout and power of the USA office of Presidency "Isn't it?"

WASHINGTON (AP) - White House officials said President Bush remains opposed to an immediate cease-fire to stop violence in the Middle East, despite personal pleas from ally Saudi Arabia that he help stop the bloodshed.

source:
news.aol.com...

Do you people feel as I do witht his situation? I mean, let's face it, "Bush is out for something , and it's no the welfare of societies!!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It dosnt matter if Bush supports a cease fire or not. Cease fire agreements dont hold much weight or value in the Middle East they usually only last about five minutes. Besides the Bush admin has other problems to deal with in the region.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
bush and america know once they went into iraq, they had to take over the whole of the middle east. syria will not want lebanon goto israel, because they would be surrounded then, like how iran is now surrounded by america in that region.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Looks like neither side want to stop really. Just saying on the radio that, diplomatically, America was coming down firmly on the side of Israel and that Hizbollah was fighting a classic guerilla war...ultimately backed by whom, I wonder!
It looks like Israel may have hit quite a lot of the infrastructure and are intent on 'destroying' Hizbollah. Doesn't look like there is much of an end in sight just yet. Even if the shooting stops, things aren't just going to go back to normal.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
bush and america know once they went into iraq, they had to take over the whole of the middle east. syria will not want lebanon goto israel, because they would be surrounded then, like how iran is now surrounded by america in that region.

Personally, I think Bush want's them to pummel each other to get the majority of the Hezballah out of the way, there are quite a few people that i ahve spoken too that feel the same way,"But who know's for sure?" We really won't know what's what 'til it happen's for all to see, and amybe not "All too see?"

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why would a certified warmonger want a cease fire?

The more chaos the better. Dont look for someone from here to try to stop that mess. If anything, they encourage it.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Bush is just following the agenda that was set in place once he was given the presidential seat . . .

He is only following orders . . .

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If syria didn't want lebanon to go over to the yehudis, then why'd they help them attack the yehudis and give them a good, solid reason to invade???

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Bush should be opposed to a cease fire!!! Most Americans polled agree. Down with the terrorists!!!!! Hooya!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If you ask me, this is Isreal after their Al Queda.

Theses people (Hezbollah) aren't fighting for their country, but there beliefs wherever somebody ( or country ) will let them.

They are only fighting for their hatred of a country/people.

The only way to stop them is to let somebody ( or country, i.e., Isreal ) is to let somebody beat the tar out of them.

Otherwise they just move somewhere else and start all the BS again against Isreal.

As long as these kind of organizations are allowed to exist, this will will keep going on and on.

So maybe this is why the US isn't jumping on this so quick.

I'de rather see the UN stop it anyway.

It might just give the the U.N. some clout in the future. ( fingers crossed and hoping).

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Keyhole]

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Keyhole]

top topics

join