It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Lucifer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is what the powers that be behind governments have instore for mankind...check it out...and be afraid , it's time you knew the truth..

www.rinf.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps Title– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/7/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting find, sounds insane if you ask me, but I know very very little on the planets and their make up, but turning Saturn into a star?? Can anyone here find out if that is even possible? It being so much smaller then the sun, it would burn out much faster, also wouldn't it possibly burn Titan and evaperate it's water and chance at life?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Absolutely fascinating and sounds almost plausible. I guess we'll know sometime after July 8, 2008. If we all die and there is a new star in the sky, their plan was a success.....

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Sorry, GALVANIZED, but I'm not buying it. Now, I'll be the first one to admit that I am not a Physicist (IANAP), but I have a few problems with this concept.

Your source does get some of the science right. Specifically, they are correct about the physical properties of Saturn:

The average density of Saturn is only .7 g/cm3 (water is 1.0), but the pressure in the atmosphere and below is very intense. Towards the core of Saturn it is estimated the pressure could be millions of times that of Earth at sea level. Saturn's atmosphere consists of about 97 percent hydrogen and 3 percent helium by volume and about 80/20 by mass.

All of that is well and good. But the critical part is what comes next:

If Saturn had been 200 times more massive, it might have evolved into a star rather than a planet.

Even assuming that the RTG generators aboard Cassini could implode (as your source suggests) in a manner akin to the detonation of nuclear weapon, I would guess that the chances of this happening to Cassini when (and if) it is crashed into Saturn are infinitesimally small. Nuclear weapons employing the implosion method of detonation require that the implosion be nearly perfectly symmetrical. Frankly, the idea that an RTG generator composed of P-238 (some unknown quantity of which has transmuted into P-239), and which in any case has been impregnated with He-4 and U-234, could implode in a symmetrical enough manner to create a nuclear reaction... well, it just doesn't pass the laugh test. The odds against it are astronomical. The odds against it happening twice, once on Galileo and again on Cassini, are doubly so.

However, giving the Cassini RTG's the benefit of the doubt and assuming that they can/will implode in the manner your souce describes, there is no way for the ensuing explosion to turn Saturn into a star. Saturn is only half as dense as our Sun, and density is critical in star formation. Temperature alone isn't enough. Stars would explode in a manner much akin to nuclear weapons if they were not held together by their gravity - gravity is a function of mass, and density=mass/volume. Saturn is neither massive enough (as your source notes) nor dense enough (when compared to our sun and other stars) to become a star itself.

Someday we will probably possess the technology to transform Jupiter and Saturn into small suns, should we wish to do so. However, I suspect that something my old science teacher said about Dyson Spheres will hold true with Gas Giant Ignition, as well: "Any society with the technology necessary to do something like that probably wouldn't have the need to do so."

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well this grandiose plan sounds just about the type of stunt that our MASTERS would come up with !!iran

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well, I suppose this appropriate enough time to bump the thread anyway, seeing as how the deadline for the event is approaching.
Even if it is faulty science, and seemingly based off of a science fiction novel.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Seems kinda crap to me... I would think that Jupiter not Saturn would most likly become a star because of its size and seeing how it is mostly gases needed to form a star etc.. Then again I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I heard about this story before.

More sunshine?

We will know tomorrow...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ugh, i dont know what to think about this.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PhloydPhan

Pardon the paraphrases, but I like to cut to the chase.

If I understand what you have said, this is bunk. OK maybe happended once, couldnt happen again under more ideal conditions.
Your logic illudes me on this point. In fact, you almost convince me the story is plausable.

If it did happen again, there is not enough gravity to hold the planet together, so Ka BLOOooooey!
I hope you are incorrect, but you make me nervous where the original article did not.

I like a good story and it gives me something to look forward to this month. If you see a new star in the sky all you need is a shelter between 6 and 12 feet underground for a couple of weeks. And according to the article, you will have plenty of time to dig one. While the neighbors receive slow revelation, followed by rapid death.

It just dosen't get any better than that! I'ts an exciting concept, like a tornado or a spur of the moment wedding; at first there is a lot of excitement, and the next thing you know your house is gone.

Fortunately for humanity, and unfortunately for this thread we have been granted a two year stay of exectution, as the mission has been extended. Perhaps they recalculated the decay to fissionable materials, and are waiting for them to ripen!

science.slashdot.org.../07/04/2348243

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Of course if the electric sun theory is correct then stars are not driven by fusion and the attempt will fail anyway.

There is an interesting Biblical prophecy that suggests that people will be scorched by the sun in the last days. So either the lucifer project will work, or the global warming nazis are correct or maybe the dwarf star nibiru really is almost here....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Or maybe it's predicting when the sun starts to run out of fuel and looses cohesion, expands, and engulfs most of the inner planets.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I thought that was supposed to happen 'billions' of years from now. Of course I don't really trust the prognostications of science. They tend to get it wrong quite often. In fact most models, even physics models really only have local application. That is, it is likely that even the basic 'constants' of physics have been different in the past.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The sun will last longer than the earth will. We have all the solar energy we need. Why turn gas giants into extra suns?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Its still raining here.

So I guess this project is over.

Why all the fear mongering?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Its still raining here.

So I guess this project is over.

Why all the fear mongering?

Because the two year extension is just a cover story, when the planet lights up like a torch in a month, no one will associate it with the internet article!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

plus if this was/is feesible. it is said to take about 28 days for the radiation from it to hit earth

so we got about a month or so

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This article sais that some probability of explosion exist, if deiterium some how collected in the interiors of Jupiter.

“Necessary conditions for the initiation and propagation of nuclear detonation waves in plane atmospheras”.
Tomas Weaver and A. Wood, Physical review 20 – 1 Jule 1979,
www.lhcdefense.org...

This article rejected the possibility of extending the thermonuclear detonation in the Earth's atmosphere and in Earth's oceans because of balance of the loss of radiation (one that does not exclude the possibility of reactions, which take little space: say, small deposit of heavy ice on the ocean floor, comparing with the amount of earthly matter - but it's enough to disastrous consequences and human extinction.)

There it is said: “We, therefore, conclude that thermonuclear-detonation waves cannot propagate in the ter¬restrial ocean by any mechanism by an astronom¬ically large margin.

It is worth noting, in conclusion, that the susceptability to thermonuclear detonation of a large body of hydrogenous material is an ex¬ceedingly sensitive function of its isotopic com¬position, and, specifically, to the deuterium atom fraction, as is implicit in the discussion just preceding. If, for instance, the terrestrial oceans contained deuterium at any atom fraction greater than 1:300 (instead of the actual value of 1: 6000), the ocean could propagate an equilibrium thermonuclear-detonation wave at a temperature £2 keV (although a fantastic 1030 ergs—2 x 107 MT, or the total amount of solar energy incident on the Earth for a two-week period—would be required to initiate such a detonation at a deuter¬ium concentration of 1: 300). Now a non-neg-ligible fraction of the matter in our own galaxy exists at temperatures much less than 300 °K, i.e., the gas-giant planets of our stellar system, nebulas, etc. Furthermore, it is well known that thermodynamically-governed isotopic fractionation ever more strongly favors higher relative concentration of deuterium as the temperature decreases, e.g., the D:H concentration ratio in the ~102 ? Great Nebula in Orion is about 1:200.45 Finally, orbital velocities of matter about the galactic center of mass are of the order of 3 x 107 cm /sec at our distance from the galactic core.

It is thus quite conceivable that hydrogenous matter (e.go, CH4, NH3, H2O, or just H2) rela¬tively rich in deuterium (1 at. %) could accumu¬late at its normal, zero-pressure density in substantial thicknesses or planetary surfaces, and such layering might even be a fairly common feature of the colder, gas-giant planets. If thereby highly enriched in deuterium (£10 at. %), thermo¬nuclear detonation of such layers could be initiated artificially with attainable nuclear ex¬plosives. Even with deuterium atom fractions approaching 0.3 at. % (less than that observed over multiparsec scales in Orion), however, such layers might be initiated into propagating thermo¬nuclear detonation by the impact of large (diam 102 m), ultra-high velocity (^?? 107 cm/sec) meteors or comets originating from nearer the galactic center. Such events, though exceedingly rare, would be spectacularly visible on distance scales of many parsecs.”

See more in
Giant planets ignition
www.scribd.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join