It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/UK block UN Cease-Fire! What!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Several hours earlier, Britain and the United States proposed a UN statement vowing to prepare conditions for a ceasefire, in the face of growing pressure to halt the fighting.

Criticism has mounted that the two countries are blocking the 15-nation Security Council from endorsing the UN secretary-general’s call for an immediate suspension of fighting.

And this is their twised logic for doing so, via Condi Rice:

"More than that, we seek an end to the root cause of the violence so that an enduring peace can be established.

"But if we look for a ceasefire that simply freezes the status quo ante, then we will be back here again in another six months, or nine months, or a year, looking for another ceasefire as Hezbollah uses southern Lebanon as a base to launch rockets against Israel."

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Now, maybe im a little naive in my whole 25 years of life, but what kind of logic is that!?
Because there MAY be more violence in the future, lets not stop the violence now, because letting it go on NOW is some how a good thing!?

How about, allow the UN to pass a cease-fire resolution, and when under said cease-fire, you actually try and create a more sustainable cease-fire through diplomatic means!? Or has diplomacy just about run its course in our contries?

If this isnt the ultimate expression of warmongering, I really dont know what is.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think that it's like pulling off a plaster. There may be some immediate pain but it'll be a lot easier than peeling it off slowly feeling every hair come up.

A cease-fire in the current circumstances may lead to peace for a month or two. Smashing Hezbollah now may lead to peace for many years to come.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And dismanteling Israël would bring peace forever in this region. No more zionist that try to create their great Israël, and that, my friend, is against judaism in the Talmud, because god said that jews were being exiled from Israël because of their sins, and he's the only one who will decide when they'll come back to create Israël.

Zionist are manipulating true jews for their own greed. And that's killing thousands of people and humiliating millions of people, draining US taxes, and bringing war and instability to countries that don't need those things.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You have voted Vitchilo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month

Saved me alot of typing, but I don't think it cold be said any better. The US and UK have vetoed EVERY SINGLE UN RESOLUTION that even so much as censures Israel, the list is long and grotesque but this shouldn't arrive as any suprise to anyone who knows a little about the history of this reigon.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Twitchy, please show me one single UN resolution relating to Israel vetoed by the UK.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Twitchy, please show me one single UN resolution relating to Israel vetoed by the UK.

It's impossible, they don't have the VETO power, i think. Also, they don't need to do it, USA do it for them.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Chris McGee

It's impossible, they don't have the VETO power, i think. Also, they don't need to do it, USA do it for them.

I think you'll find we do very much have a veto.

We have never vetoed a resolution, but we do abstain quite often.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As a member of the security council they certainly do have the veto. Now, can you show me one resolution vetoed by the UK relating to Israel?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

And dismanteling Israël would bring peace forever in this region. No more zionist that try to create their great Israël, and that, my friend, is against judaism in the Talmud, because god said that jews were being exiled from Israël because of their sins, and he's the only one who will decide when they'll come back to create Israël.

Well you can't dismantle them but they definitly need to improve on their people skills a little.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They have NEVER vetoed a resolution concerning Israel. They have, however, abstained plenty of times, which is akin to saying "we don't like it, but we're not going to block it"

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Vitchilo, Twitchy, saying to end the attacks on Israel we should get rid of Israel is like saying
"Let's Get Rid Of Racsim By Killing Every Black Person."

Or saying
"Lets stop Political Fighting By Killing Every Democrat."

It doesn't make sense, Israel has every right to attack the people who attack them. America invaded two countries after one attack, so Israel, going by the 1 to 2 ratio should be allowed to invade every country on the planet and then some.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Zionist are manipulating true jews for their own greed. And that's killing thousands of people and humiliating millions of people, draining US taxes, and bringing war and instability to countries that don't need those things.

Imagine that Israel did not have an army to defend its self, would the Muslims really sit back and even let them exist? No, they would slaughter them once Israel puts down their arms. I do not understand why people do not see how Arab states really are? They do not care is Israel bombs them, they care that Israel sits on holy land and that they are Jews, unworthy of holding such land. Also the government in control of Israel are not "Zionist" they are a central government not to far right or left, actualy a rather liberal state socialy, they care more about being Israeli and defending her. It is like saying that if America was attacked our response would be because we are Christian, even though not everyone is Christian and not everyone associates there nationality with their religion.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Imagine that Israel did not have an army to defend its self, would the Muslims really sit back and even let them exist? No, they would slaughter them once Israel puts down their arms. I do not understand why people do not see how Arab states really are? They do not care is Israel bombs them, they care that Israel sits on holy land and that they are Jews, unworthy of holding such land. Also the government in control of Israel are not "Zionist" they are a central government not to far right or left, actualy a rather liberal state socialy, they care more about being Israeli and defending her.

LOL do you see what you are typing? Who is unarmed? The lebanese civilians or the IDF? Who is getting killed by the hundred? The Lebanese civilians or the Invading IDF?

From what I see they care very much that you are bombing them and killing their children! Thats absurd that you could even sink so low as to think they dont care that they are being bombed. OMG thats insanity.

Who is unworthy of holding what land? Jews think Muslims and Christians are unworthy. Muslims think Jews and Christians are unworthy. Jerusalem was not to be in Jewish hands, Christian hands or Muslim hands. It was supposed to be neutral international territory for everyone. How it became Israeli territory is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I did not say extermine jews, i said dismantled Israël. All the jews return home as their own holy book is saying. That's all. If they can't even follow their own holy book and claim they do, WTF?

Also, like anywhere in the world, a few owns everyone else. Zionists leaders manipulate jews as Nazi leaders manipulated german people to do and believe what they want, that Israël is the true way of Talmud. And that is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
They have NEVER vetoed a resolution concerning Israel. They have, however, abstained plenty of times, which is akin to saying "we don't like it, but we're not going to block it"

Simply not true.

BBC
France has vetoed two resolutions alongside the UK - both on the Suez crisis in 1956

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Suez Crisis involved the Israeli Sneak Attack, and attempt at stealing the Suez canal.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Originally posted by stumason

Simply not true.

BBC
France has vetoed two resolutions alongside the UK - both on the Suez crisis in 1956

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Suez Crisis involved the Israeli Sneak Attack, and attempt at stealing the Suez canal.

Hahaha, thats bollocks. The Suez crisis was triggered by Nassers nationalizing of the Suez canal. The Uk, France and Israel took action due to the obvious economic and strategic ramifications of having a Pan-Arab nationalist in full control of the Suez Canal.

Israel sneak attack? Hahahaha, thats rich..... Your thinking of the 6 day war, my friend.

EDIT: For spelling

[edit on 22/7/06 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The Suez crisis was triggered by Nassers nationalizing of the Suez canal. The Uk, France and Israel took action due to the obvious economic and strategic ramifications of having a Pan-Arab nationalist in full control of the Suez Canal.

Israel sneak attack? Hahahaha, thats rich..... Your thinking of the 6 day war, my friend.

Yet Israel Attacked first, and Sneaked when they did. Thats a Sneak Attack.

What did Israel have to say about Egypt nationalizing what is their property anyway?

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Malichai]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yest Israel Attacked first, and Sneaked when they did. Thats a Sneak Attack.

What did Israel have to say about Egypt nationalizing what is their property anyway?

Er...Your not making any sense.

Your point was that Israel sneak attacked in the Suez crisis and the UK vetoed against Israel, which is not the case. The Egyprian Feyadeen were attacking Israel before and were restricting access to the Suez canal, a vital shipping route. The Israelis attacked back supported by UK and French forces.

There was never a UN resolution put forward concerning the Suez crisis as two of the main protagonists where Permanent members (France and the UK), thus a resolution would never pass.

Israel attacked in the 6 day war, which did not involve the UK. Stop trying to obscure the issue. In that, the UK abstained.

The point being, UK has never vetoed a UN resololution against Israel, they abstain.

EDIT: If you want a disussion on the Suez crisis, feel free to open a thread. My answer concerns the issue of the UK veto. There were claims that the UK veto's against any resolution concerning Israel, which is false. The UK has NEVER vetoed a resolution against Israel. We leave that to the Yanks.

[edit on 22/7/06 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

There was never a UN resolution put forward concerning the Suez crisis as two of the main protagonists where Permanent members (France and the UK), thus a resolution would never pass.

Then why does the BBC say that Britain and France vetoed two resolutions concerning the Suez Crisis?

I'm sure we could dig them up from a more 'official' source, but whats the point when the STATE media openly admits it?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Then why does the BBC say that Britain and France vetoed two resolutions concerning the Suez Crisis?

I'm sure we could dig them up from a more 'official' source, but whats the point when the STATE media openly admits it?

Ok, I misread my source, makes sense that we did veto it, considering we were the ones doing the bombing, but your point is still irrelevant.

You claimed the UK vetoed a resolution against Israel, which is false, we vetoed one against ourselves.

The UK has NEVER, I repeat, NEVER vetoed a resolution against Israel.

Show me one that they have if you like.

And, to add, the BBC isn't the "state" media.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join