It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda... Is it worth it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is a thread I have been meaning to start for some time now, as it is something that I haven't completely made my mind up on. I have to thank Jsobecky for helping me with the idea of this thread, because it is because of a response made by Jsobecky that we agreed that this would be a good idea to bring up on PTS. That said.

I think it is generally known that in the US, propaganda is used in everything from war to whether or not you should pick up that cigarette. It is used to help persuade the general public to live healthier lifestyles, which can be an ok thing. On the other hand, I take great issue with the display of propaganda from news outlets to support or go against the administration. Everything that I see on television has some sort of bias to it that makes the viewer steer towards that bias. Look at people who fight over Fox News vs. CNN!

So the question is: Is the propaganda really worth it? Or is this just another way to keep the people divided and ease us into ideas that we would not mindfully want to accept?

My personal opinion is against it, but only to a degree. I want every individual to be super healthy and have a long life, but is it worth it if we begin to allow ourselves to be told what we should think? If the people of this country have gotten to the point where they can't make up their own opinions without needing the guidance of the news, then we have truly become that word I loathe and detest... sheeple.

Interested to see how others feel on this as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yep but all media is propaganda. tv is the best form, because of the fact that you are getting images all the time.

i saw o'reilly vid on foxnews.com site, and all he does is push what ever these people want, i do not think he even really cares to much that its not true. he is quite good at what he does.

new topics

join