It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Segregated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this recent split into ATS & BTS.

I don't think this is a good idea. I believe one of the reasons ATS became so popular is the concept of combining serious conspiracy topics with light-hearted stuff like chit-chat.

People came for variety & you could get feedback from different people.

With the split, it's become less unique & more like other boards that stick with a common theme.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No, I think it's a good idea because there are more and more sections in the fun forum, and the ATS board was becoming too big.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's still in it's infancy but since BTS is suppose to have more flexibility than ATS, I can probably see it morphing into both an entertainment & informative venue, where the informative side can consist of alternative conspiracy related issues as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, I love Nans background pic!

I think its great, already there are topics that would have been deleted from the old ATS, it is certianly much more flexable and diverse.

It has the potential to be a great addition

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one Questor, but the majority seem to prefer it this way... At least it's easy to switch between the two sites...so no biggie...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Its cool, its a place for the manwife!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think it's cool, and I totally see why some member liked it better this way. Anyway, the switching between two boards was made so easy, I see to reason not to like it.

Plus, I think we were seeing less and less serious discussion on ATS, so that might help to get it back on track. I say it's a good move.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics
Its cool, its a place for the manwife!

LMAO!!

I like it better this way too. Adding BTS was a great idea.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm with you on this one Questor, but the majority seem to prefer it this way... At least it's easy to switch between the two sites...so no biggie...

But the whole system is fractured. I think it only benefits a few & confuses the public. It takes a while to get into the "conspiracy" mode. One way to do that is to feel your way thru in a "nonconspiracy" mode 1st. So it takes time for people to adjust.

But it appears the mood is less & less patient. I think I need to take a break from here. It's become more stressful than enjoyable.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Segregation.
Apartheid.
Divide & Conquer.

I don't think they are intended effects, but I can see how we might feel this way.

Go to my Handy Hints thread (XMB Forum) and you will see a suggestion for the two key navigational tools you need to navigate BTS & ATS quite merrily.

I just read Simon's concept of "CTS" for next year. No comment on that. Except obviously then we'll have DTS, and ETS and so on and so forth.

top topics

join