It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan..strikes against n.korea?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
Secondly you think that Japan receives most of their intel on NK from the US. LOL if anything I would be willing to bet that it is the other way around.

Maybe in the realm of HUMINT (human intel) but as far as whats needed for air strikes etc., it's the US, not Japan flying U2's recently. I'm sure most of the intel is shared by the two anyway. But I do believe the US is the one with the best toys.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth
Maybe in the realm of HUMINT (human intel) but as far as whats needed for air strikes etc., it's the US, not Japan flying U2's recently. I'm sure most of the intel is shared by the two anyway. But I do believe the US is the one with the best toys.

Although I would not be surprised if Japan had their own spy sats., you are right. Up to date target mapping would come from the US. But no one would be able to trace that to the US. You know the old Cold War trick. Have a meeting between a US general and a JSDF general. The US general leaves the office to take a phone call/bathroom break/cup of coffee; says to his JSDF counter-part “I will be back in 30min or so." and leaves a folder marked "NK Sat photos and targeting map- Top Secret" laying open on his desk. That is all it would take. God I am cynical, huh! LOL

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would agree that Japan may have great on-the-ground human intel since they can blend in better in NK, but certainly the U.S. has better satellite, plane, ship, etc. remote sensing intel on NK.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I read somewhere the Japanese with the help of the UK and U.S. have been secretly building a major offensive force and high tech weapons, tanks, and aircraft for a possible future war with China, I read on one news artical about Japanese massive underground bases and such that been under contruction for about 10 years now. So I think Japan has been planing something for awhile now.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join