It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

excellent first hand experiences of N.Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
1stopkorea.com...~mainframe

work your way through this american guys visit to N.Korea, its amazingly interesting with a nice twist of humour,

i especially like his documentation into the DMZ

i think its important for us all to read up on the country thats hitting the headlines big style.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
im really suprised no one has replied to this thread?

out of all of us that have commented on N.Korean issues i think this article i linked offers some rather amazing points for discussion?

any takers?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This was a great read................very interesting to see how 'sheltered' the North Koreans are......and that's from the ones which interact with foreigners. Just imagine what the really sheltered people think of the outside world.

Are they even aware of technolgical advances? World events? What is actually availible in the 'real' world?

If/when the kim il passes and the country actually opens up I feel that the world is going to be shocked at what is found in NK, how the people where actually treated and so forth.

I could see lil kim just starting a war to prove that he is a 'god' as is manditory in NK.

It's really sad..............

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
CNN just had this inside look at north korea. it was video footage from the people that live there and then they risk their lives filming it and smuggling it out to show the world what is going on. it was the creepiest thing i have ever seen. being a 20 year old american college student, it really really struck me as to how lucky i am just to have the simplest right as the ability to think for my self and to dream. did you know that the world food program (cant remember the specific name) that sends food to countries so they can feed there people isnt being handed out their at all? they actually take the bags and just sell them...so only people that can gather up a little bit of money can eat. look for this program to be on CNN again..its completely shocking and i couldnt help but cry when i watched it. if any country has a serious problem with crimes against humanity its this one.

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That was a great find. I spent and hour reading that and it was well worth it. One WATS for you optimus fett. Good job. Heck I almost what to go to NK myself now...almost! LOL

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Jong is imposed as a god like figure on his people for good reason. The country has nothing to offer. The only backing they get is from China, even then most of the money probably goes to the Jong rulers. Jong must keep the people of NK trapped because one rotten apple in his population will spoil the whole miserable bunch (no offense to the people of NK, its a sad situation really).

The rulers of NK at present day really do have some issues, no country shouldn't be that issolated. 60 minutes reported one time that Jong bought Mary Anne Franks diary for all the schools and convinced the children in the education system that Anne was experiencing these events because of evil America.

What I really don't understand is why Jong is so anti-america. How much influence does China have on NK (alot?)? I'm not sure, but I do know that China is very anti-imperialist. I do think that when China goes to war they will have NK lead it and it will most likely be on the biggest threat at hand, America.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i think jong is not totally anti amerian...meaning that i think he would partner up with us if he thought it was on equal terms. but it seems that since america refuses to treat him as if he really matters, hes jealous and therefore hates america. like a crabby kid who didnt get to have his ice cream. he has been pushing for americas attention and that is why he wants bilateral talks with the U.S. he wants power....im sure china has something to do with it, but in the end its the guys own ego that is directing this whole thing. i mean the man places boxes in peoples houses so they can listen to him sing for hours. he is a complete duche bag if you ask me.

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

That was a great find. I spent and hour reading that and it was well worth it. One WATS for you optimus fett. Good job. Heck I almost what to go to NK myself now...almost! LOL

many thanks dude, im glad you enjoyed it.

i especially like the bit with his mobile phone and the weird senarion of only being such a short distance from his home in south korea but having to go such a long way round to get back....

the bit where hes arguing with the guide is also interesting.

new topics

top topics

join