It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 9/11 Conspiracy Survey Results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I took part in the survey but im not sure the result was a balanced one, we are after all a community of paranoids for the most part. I was though suprised at some of the results, they were lower in regard to thinking a conspiracy happened than i had expected.
perhaps we as a group are not as sure about what happened on 9/11 then we thought we were?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanemcbain
So many stupid people on one message board...

For shame ATS, for shame.

Some great discussion on these boards - but I didn't realise so many people would believe theories with so many holes they have been proven wrong on several occasions.

For shame, for shame. I see someone here who embraces ignorance.

If you were half as knowldgeable as you believe you are, you would know that some theories about 9/11 have been blown out of the water.

But there are plenty that havent. And in truth, its the offical story that leaks like a sieve. No intelligent person can look at the story and say it makes any sort of logical sense.

In fact, there are many people on this board who are skeptics who still dont believe the whole story. While they might not believe there was a conspiracy, they still believe the government did not tell the entire story.

The only stupid people here I see are those who make quick assumptions without having any clue what they are talking about.

Tsk Tsk.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Question for Skeptic Overlord. Was this poll restricted to a members only or were visitors also allowed to take the survey?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
why drag the most devistating dellima we have ever experienced to the forum's of a place such as this? Give respect's to the ones that lost thier family member's . The only thing I can see this "Survey" doing is rekindling the time that there are so many American's wish to forget. "No 'Sypathy guy's?' "

If people suspect a conspiracy then it should be their duty to those lost lives to investigate it. Ignoring this would be MUCH worse and will not stop it from happening again. This IS about respect, not about denial.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm generally against polls of any type as often many poeple try to subvert the meaning of it, to 'prove' other related, but not specific, points they try to argue.
But, in this particular case, the results if left as they are and not used as any form of proof, are indeed quite interesting.
I must admit, the answers i gave tended to be in the highest scoring sections as regard to the conspiracy, however, I did tick 'No' for the Missile/Pentagon question.

Will we be seeing any more of these style Surveys regarding other fraught topics on this site?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Considering that ATS is a conspiracy based site, those numbers were very surprising. I actually expecter the YES votes to have a larger margin than they did. the NO votes and UNDECIDED votes were a larger percentage than I thought they would be. I'd be kind of interested in what the percentages would be on a site such as Yahoo or Google.

Add the NOT DECIDED votes proportionaly to Yes and No and you'll get a clearell picture.

What I find interesting is a tight margin in questions about government involvement in 9/11. Smells like cognitive dissonance to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
These results sadden me quite a bit. Reminds me of the "blame the victim" tatics used on court. It is truly pathetic that afte ALL the tapes and threats this country received and receives from Islamic fanatics, there are people who would rather stuff their heads on the sand and rather believ in "conspiracies".

Yet these same ppl consider themselves the "owners of all truth", and the "ones who KNOW the truth"... and these same ppl are th future of America... Now that is both SAD and SCARY. The future of America is in the hands of ppl who believe there were " construction explosions" on the 9/11 attack... truly sad.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
BaastetNoir, this is only a very small percentage of America, most everyday Americans do not believe in these 9/11 conspiracy theories, and for good reason, they have not been definitely proven, as such it would be irresponsible to assume a conspiracy of this magnitude true on theories alone. I’m not trying to get into the whole debate about 9/11 in this thread, there are plenty of ongoing thread for that. I’m just trying point out why most people don’t buy these theories, its not because they are dumb, ignorant "sheeple" as some self proclaimed "seekers of light holders of truth" have asserted, its because in the end it all comes down to theories, and some people tend to forget that sometimes.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
BaastetNoir, this is only a very small percentage of America, most everyday Americans do not believe in these 9/11 conspiracy theories, and for good reason, they have not been definitely proven, as such it would be irresponsible to assume a conspiracy of this magnitude true on theories alone. I’m not trying to get into the whole debate about 9/11 in this thread, there are plenty of ongoing thread for that. I’m just trying point out why most people don’t buy these theories, its not because they are dumb, ignorant "sheeple" as some self proclaimed "seekers of light holders of truth" have asserted, its because in the end it all comes down to theories, and some people tend to forget that sometimes.

I agree with you mostly, but you've said "most everyday Americans do not believe in these 9/11 conspiracy theories because they have not been definately proven" but they would be a 'conspiracy' if they were proven and not a 'conspiracy theory' so it's a bit contradictory there.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
America as a whole is a victim,these tragedies created many victims,but I feel that America is also a perpetrator.It's well known that we have manipulated the seats of power throughout the Mid-East and South America for decades.We are at least guilty of falling victim to our own complacency,and in the meddling of other countries'affairs.If the people in charge of the safety and security of our country didn't sense that SOMETHING was bound to happen,they are indeed incompetent.
Most of my answers were in the 'uncertain' category,because I had to be honest in the fact that I don't enough details about the forensics investigations to absolutely say yes or no.I did have some 'yes' responses,and I am surprised about some of the results. As for people on this thread being put-out because they see America as a completely innocent victim,all I have to say is," You Are At A Conspiracy Theory Driven Website. What Did You Expect?????????

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

These results sadden me quite a bit. Reminds me of the "blame the victim" tatics used on court. It is truly pathetic that afte ALL the tapes and threats this country received and receives from Islamic fanatics, there are people who would rather stuff their heads on the sand and rather believ in "conspiracies".

First, that is not an apt analogy. The victims are the American people. People in this poll believe the American government through negligence or intentional ill-will contributed to 9/11. Thus, people are questioning the very institution said to protect the people, who are in fact the true victims of 9/11.

Second, the results from this poll are so broad that you cannot categorize everyone who responded as not believing that Islamic fanatics want to cause harm to America. I really don't think I have to get into the specifics of why your assertion is incorrect as the results of the poll speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think it'd be great if the same survey were taken of a random sample of Americans (based on, say, blind-call telephone interviews).

The results would certainly be some good input for those who say things like "No one believes in that conspiracy stuff except for the woo-woos on boards like this!"; as well as those who say "No one but an absolute fool believes that what the Government says actually happened!"

Furthermore, it would permit us to extrapolate (although with some degree of invalidity) how the "mainstream" (i.e., randomly chosen Americans) think/feel/believe about any conspiracy related subject vis-à-vis the people here.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting but not surprising results. Obviously the intent of the survey was not to find the true perps of this infamous day but to lay a degree of blame. That in itself is interesting in its implications.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I was one of the people that was undecided on the pentagon, the most compelling evidence and/or claims are:

-a deep hole in a reinforced concrete building, unlikely to be created by a passenger plane which is essentially a pop-can.
-Witness testimonies that claim they heard a missile, not an aircraft, these witnesses likely witnessed many planes fly by over their heads in and around major airports so they should know.
-If you believe Loose Change's claims, a A-3 Sky Warrior was used with a missile like a Maverick or some type of cruise missile, possibly flown by global hawk UAV technology, some evidence points toward the A-3 (according to LC 9/11) in the form of debris that alledgedly matched the A-3.

In my book there is still too little evidence either way, the official story is just as crazy as the conspiracy theories.

i'm gonna half to agree with you on this one but i still hold to the theory that demolitions charges were placed in the WTC... but ive heard much stranger threories connected to 9/11. i.e. the atack on wtc ive heard some people say it was all a insurance scam. the theory goes that the owner had fore warning of the atack tried to get people to stay home that day. the building was worth 6 million dollars to the insurance company. The owner suposedly placed a claim 6 hours after the atack.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was a little frustrated by the question regarding controlled demolition, since I feel WTC #7 was very likely a controlled demo, but I doubt either the North or South towers were.

I had to answer 'yes' to a broader question than I'd have liked.

Nevertheless, I think the results are about right for a forum with heightened awareness of "official stories" and with cynicism about post-event analysis of any kind.

I recently saw an impressively researched list of "coincidences" that someone compiled in a kind of reverse argument against 9/11 theories and the only conclusion you can draw is that there are an impossible stack of coincidences related to government actions, inactions and distractions which make it evident that there was some form of insider activity in the business and governmental communities immediately prior to 9/11.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Interesting but not surprising results. Obviously the intent of the survey was not to find the true perps of this infamous day but to lay a degree of blame. That in itself is interesting in its implications.

No. Can you verify this? No. The purpose of the survey is to reveal what people who visit ATS's opinions are, nothing else. Take it or leave it but don't deny it. It's not laying blame on any side just stating what people who visit ATS and participated in this survey think. PERIOD. There is no blame laid here AT ALL.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
the only thing i voted with 'doubt' was the 'a missile hit the pentagon'.
i felt this was loaded(unintentionally, is my guess).

a question i could have answered positively for the pentagon strike would have been, 'did a 757 hit the pentagon?' i feel it was a different type of plane that hit the pentagon, or alternatively, that NOTHING hit the pentagon, and it was COMPLETELY staged. (CG-type faking a few low res video frames would be a piece of cake)

much of the pictorial 'evidence' of the pentagon has been proven to be deceptive photoshopping. that would not be necessary if they could have simply took pictures of the scene.
the 'mystery of the moved taxi' is another example of unreal hollywood-itis in pentaland.

otherwise, i thought the questions were well thought out, and relevent divisions were chosen.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Xeros, yes your'e right, they wouldn't be considered theories anymore if they could be definitely proven, however until now they haven't hence why they still retain the label. I wasn’t really trying to be contradictive or confusing there, just trying to explain myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
After watching michael moore's movie it changed my view. Maybe a survey to see the number of people that watched Fahrenheit 9/11?

Are you joking? You realize that is just a slick propoganda film, that twists the facts, and contains many out right false statements. You should really watch "Fahrenhype 9/11". It points out all the flaws.

-- Boat

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
You should really watch "Fahrenhype 9/11". It points out all the flaws.

So, people should follow up one propaganda piece with another? Fahrenhype whatever is a propaganda piece used by neoconservatives to push their agendas. Ann Coulter, a supposed political satirist talks in it...that should be enough to point how utterly biased and inappropriate such a movie is to a scholarly study of events surrounding 9/11.

You realize that is just a slick propoganda film, that twists the facts, and contains many out right false statements.

Your label applies to both movies.

Honest conservatives will admit that this was an election campaign rush job and a Rush job.

www.amazon.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join