It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fantastic pics and description of N.Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
You are missing one point with your anecdotal evidence. Any attempt by members of your family to watch CNN does not mean a bullet to the back of the head if caught.

I think YOU are missing MY point.

My wife's relatives DO NOT HAVE THE CHOICE to oppose their government and watch CNN on TV.

They have no TV.

They have no electricity.

They would gladly watch whatever state propaganda was being broadcast onto a TV if they could afford to have a TV.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
You are missing one point with your anecdotal evidence. Any attempt by members of your family to watch CNN does not mean a bullet to the back of the head if caught.

I think YOU are missing MY point.

My wife's relatives DO NOT HAVE THE CHOICE to oppose their government and watch CNN on TV.

They have no TV.

They have no electricity.

They would gladly watch whatever state propaganda was being broadcast onto a TV if they could afford to have a TV.

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING. Like you sig. line, SHOUTING does NOT get PEOPLE to DO ANYTHING!

Ok fine your grandmother-inlaw is dirty poor, wow good for you. I have several friends who are Jamaican. And guess what, they are not dirt poor. They have TV and power and water. One left the US to go and live in Jamaica. She is now moving from Jamaica to Grand Cayman for a better job. Just try that in NK see how well that goes. That is the problem with anacdotal evidence, it is not evidence of a macro problem. Everybody has a story about this or that person who...blah blah blah.
Fact is there are some places on this world where it sucks to live. NK is on most people's top ten. Jamaica...is not.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Fact is there are some places on this world where it sucks to live. NK is on most people's top ten. Jamaica...is not.

i have to agree with this statement...if you live in Jamaica you have choices, nobody in N.korea has a choice regarding anything other than to try and escape and risk death for themselves and torture for their familys, at best incarceration in a horror camp stuck away fron the eyes of the world and salvation.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I must say some of these atrocities in NK are quite horrific. The WHOLE WORLD is becomming worse. Africa, Middle East, North Korea, and other countries. I must say though, being in Jamacia (I've been there, very nice country, Mantego Bay 'spelling') anyway, it would be better to be in Jamacia than North Korea. Thats not saying Jamacia is perfect and poverty doesn't exist (which it does, obviously) but, I see your point on referencing your wife's mother and her family's situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join