It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods what happened to the sun pic thread from last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hey mods I went to sleep last night and havent found a couple threads that I was in and seemed active last night. The one in paticular was a shot of the sun with some oddities that the original poster was eluding too. I know there were at least 10 + responces and honestly Im interested in what was the conclusion if any about the pic's. Thanks for any info.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The OP simply posted a link to an ordinary picture of the sun hosted on imageshack, and then added just four words, "For your eyes only." He then failed to respond to requests for an explanation as to what members were supposed to be looking at, or for, in the picture. The thread was garbage to begin with and no explanation was forthcoming to show otherwise. Then when the link to the image became broken, and in light of a recent spate of hoaxes on ATS, the garbage was finally put where it should be - in the trash bin.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
The OP simply posted a link to an ordinary picture of the sun hosted on imageshack, and then added just four words, "For your eyes only." He then failed to respond to requests for an explanation as to what members were supposed to be looking at, or for, in the picture. The thread was garbage to begin with and no explanation was forthcoming to show otherwise. Then when the link to the image became broken, and in light of a recent spate of hoaxes on ATS, the garbage was finally put where it should be - in the trash bin.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Also, when a thread gets moved, even if it is the Trash Bin, an automatic u2u is generated and it often includes a reason for the move.

You can view your u2u's here, memCenter, also located at the top right of the ATS banner.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yeah I got a U2U about my North Korean thread but nothing about the Sun thread. No biggie I saved the pic and the posts as of before I retired last night. Just wondered what if anything our thread starter posted later. Thanks again for the quick responces mods.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You didn't get a U2U about the sun thread because it wasn't your thread. An automated U2U is only sent to the thread starter. Otherwise, every member would be getting 15 U2Us a day telling them, "Your Thread Has Been Moved." Imagine the complaints!

"What?! My thread!? MOVED?! WHY, GOD, WHYYYYYYY?!?!

Oh...it wasn't my thread..."

[edit on 2006-7-5 by wecomeinpeace]

new topics

top topics

join