It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What advertisements on ATS, BTS or TV , gets you,hmmm, lets say 'angry'grrrrrrr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ok, I dont deliberately do this, but out the corner of my right eye, I seem to catch a glimpse of this Guy, who I think, is riding some horse(add for a phone, or dowload of some kind) or whatever it is, and he just ''Pisses me off''..has been doing this now for a few weeks, I know its not a 'big deal', but he just 'pisses me off', maybe i just need to relax and unwind a bit.

Anyway, what ads on Tv or ATS or BTS get you grrrrrrrrrr,

helen

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok, since no one has answered.

Do advertisements actually make you buy a product or think twice about checking it out?

eg/
Here on tv there was an add for ''Fruit with jelly''(not jam,jello?)
The add featured school children in a playground throwing fruit all over the place, and this one kid, had fruit in a cup with jelly and was simply eating it with a smile.
Showing that only 'Fruit in jelly' will be eaten by children.(IMO)

This type of add to me just putts me off buying from the actual manufacturer in whatever else they promote, I dont believe there is a need to show children acting out in stupid behaviour to ''sell '' their product...also, it is the parent that they are selling to.

Alot of kids probably think that Fruit comes in packages with jelly.....and not at all by tired overworked farmers who put alot of work to produce this fruit.
hmmm, I'm probably making a big deal of this, but children need to understand thatn ot all is as it seems!
''Deny Ignorance''

:shk:

helen

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I hate that one on top ^^ where the bulletin board drops down .....

That is a pain in the u no what.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I hate those talking smileys, I could quite happily butcher each and every one of them with a spoon.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's the repetative TV ads that burn my butt. When the same ad is run over and over for months or years is when I just want to get my hands around the neck of the sponser.

One that's been running for a while is for kids that wet the bed. This is for "Goodnights", a type of absorbant underwear for older kids that still have a problem with not getting up to pee during the night. I know it's a problem for some children, but stop already. Or at least change the ad.

I can just imagine the embarrasment for older children when this ad comes on when the whole family is watching TV and the child has this problem, because everyone in the family knows, and the kid must feel like crap. :shk:

I know when my sister started to menstruate she was always embarrassed by the tampon and kotex commercials, and I always felt her discomfort when those ads came on.

I realize that manufacturers need sell their products, and these products are nessecary to the well being of society, but they could be a bit more discrete about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I hate those talking smileys, I could quite happily butcher each and every one of them with a spoon.

I love the smilies! Oh my god, no way!!!! I LOVE that one! Of course, I'm not going to buy it, but I laugh every time I get to hear it go off. The adds generally don't bother me. My only problem ever has been the flashing on that appears sometimes. Even that doesn't get me down though, because I know we need it for the site to continue.

top topics

join