It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hat Man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm happy to see everyone here verifying my story .. but I feel bad for all of you, too

This happened over 2 years ago, and I still think about it almost everyday. I was in near tears rereading this thread I started so long ago.

I've done hours and hours and hours of researching The Hat Man. For a while it completely consumed my life. I didn't learn anything, nothing to help at least. I'm just as clueless about it now as I was 2 years ago. All I know is that it was real. It really happened to me. I can understand why people cannot believe me/us because it is SO bizarre, and they're better off if you ask me. I experience 'tricks of the eye' everyday. You always think you see something out of the corner of your eye or in the other room. And you might flinch a little or get the chills, but you brush it off as nothing because that's probably what it was. This was a completelyyyy different situation. As I originally said, this was a fear that I've never felt and I haven't felt since. To the bone terror that certainly wasn't caused by my mind playing a trick on me.

I too didn't sleep in my room for months. I slept on the couch! Even in the daytime, if I had to go upstairs for something, I would nearly shake I was so scared. After a while I realized I couldn't live like this, so I got some advice. I emailed Heidi Hollis and she just told me to say The Lords Prayer I think? I don't know, I forget and didn't do it because, well, I don't know the Lords Prayer and if I wasn't believing what I was saying, it was worthless. Also to say 'leave me alone' and so I did, over and over again, everytime I went into that room. After a while, I wasn't scared anymore and moved back in.

I still get a little creeped out from time to time, but just say 'leave me alone' and few times and I feel better. It's weird but it works. I hope anyone reading this does the same thing if they think they need to. I wish we could get some real answers soon, but I don't see it ever happening =/

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is the Hat Man Ankou?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

"According to legend he is tall, and wears a wide-brimmed hat and long coat. Some tales have it that he has two companions, who are skeletons in some versions, following behind his cart and tossing the dead into it."

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah I was about to bring up my thread.

That sounds very very much like the guy my mom and my ex see...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would like to share my experience about the top hat man.

My friend called me up one day, and was scared for her sister. She said her sister was having paranormal experiences at her house. My friends sister was afraid, especially for her daughter. Her daughter was supposedly talking with a spirit, of a little girl, in her bedroom late at night. So while the kids were at school, we sat in a circle, held hands, and tried to talk to the spirit. We didn't really think it would work, but we thought we would try just for fun. We asked if any spirits were there, that would like to talk to us. My friend saw the image of a little girl in her head. She described her as wearing a White dress, White shoes, and her hair being down. While I did not see this image, instead i discribed seeing a Dark man; such as an outline of a shadow, the man was wearing a top hat, a cloak, and what appeared to be a suit. He reminded me of a dark entity, somewhat, as you would expect "Jack The Ripper" to look like. I felt this was real because of how evil it felt, but also wondered if it was just my imagination. I did not really put much thought into it, as i've never tried to contact spirits before. My friend and I have talked about it over the last 6 months, because immediately after we tried the communication the next day her sister went psycotic- and ended up in a mental hospital. We just thought it was too much for her to handle.

Later on, my friends mother took her sister to psycic, and without revealing any information, the psycic advised that she was Possessed- by a dark entity.

I knew nothing of this top hat man, until I was listening to a passed show- on C2C. Once I heard the description of the top hat man, I instantly relized it was the same image I had pictured in my head. Then I pulled up the drawing on a different Web Site, and IMEDIATLY KNEW IT WAS the same image. I did not relize so many people have experienced the same image. Thank you for sharing all your stories. I am a very educated woman and in my mid 30's and therefor want you to know im not just some kid making this up, this is real and hard for me to reveal this to any one. Thank You.

If you would like to get ahold of me my email address is [email protected]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

All that I know is: There is a wine that is called sandeman and his picture is on the bottle. The company bought this picture from a artist that just painted that one picture. That was in the late 17 ore 18 century.

That doesn't seem to be correct according to the site of Sandeman

In 1928 George Massiot Brown was an artist working for the Lochend Printing company, who approached Sandeman for business. Sandeman requested some designs for posters, and the remarkable silhouette of the Don was born. Dressed like the Spanish caballeros de Jerez in a Portuguese student’s cape and wide-brimmed hat, the Don cuts a dark, dramatic figure with his glass of ruby coloured Porto. George Massiot Brown was well aware that French poster artists were very much in vogue, so signed his artwork as G. Massiot to hide his Scottish origins. Little did he know that The Don would be the very first iconic logo for a wine. Recognised throughout the world, The Don represents the mystery and sensuality that communicates the Sandeman brand.

From the Sandeman website

I never seen it and I don't want to, something I just dont want to open my mind to.

the undertaker is already scary enough.

But I do believe there is something out there that I dont wanna meet

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

I've been researching these things as well. From what I've learned, the fellow with the hat is only one as several types of "shadow people" that have been reported. I had a very unpleasant encounter about 8 years ago and have recently started coolecting info in hopes of developing a characteristic list of these things. I have a few stories posted on Myspace.com/HauntingzInk -including my own (see blog titled Haunted House-what do you think? an older post). Altough alot of paranormal investigators think they are harmless, I beg to differ with them. I know several other individuals that have had very dangerous encounters with them. You may want to take a look at my blogs and some of the info posted there - I've included some suggestions that have been tried by myself and other investigators. Hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have been seeing shadow people since I was a small child. I see them constantly still. They have never really creeped me out though. I remember when I was about 10 or 11 seeing a flash of a black figure wearing a hat but thats all. I don't remember any feelings that went with it. The other shadowy figures that I see on a regular basis don't bother me at all besides a few exceptions when I am at work (I work in a hospital and the morgue is only about 200-300 feet away).

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am so happy that I stumbled upon this thread. I had my own "Hat Man" experience a couple of weeks ago. I was coming in the house late at night from painting our porch area, and I saw him go up the stairs. It was the strangest thing I've seen in some time. I felt no sense of doom or apprehension on my end. I was just more surprised at what I had seen. All I caught was the side of him slinking up the stairs. Sort of sneaky, like one would do in a detective movie. The figure was completely black, with a distinct hat. I haven't seen or experienced anything else since then. But I definately have been on the lookout for anything odd or strange.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

George Sandeman started the company in 1790. This is important because the name Sandeman doesent have anything to do with the picture.

In 1805 they used a brandmarked as a logo

In 1928 they bought this picture and from 1935 they used it as their logo.

1965 it was the most nown logo in the wein industrie.

Importent here is only that this thing that i and all the other people are seeing is used as a logo. On a wine bottle. What do logos do, they influence your mind!

The story from the black man is totally older than this. Its an old German kids game who is afraid from the black man.

The black man doesent have anything to do with the wein. The company uses this logo to make people buy it.

I have seen him and when i have seen this picture I knew that the person that painted it has seen him too.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My god, This brings back a memory of mine from when I was a child about 8 or 9 years of age. I did not physically see Hatman but had a dream about him. I have never ever heard of him before in my life until this post. I did now know it was a world wide thing. I distinctly remember the dream though. I was in my room looking out my window and I seen him walking over the field really slowly towards my house. And there was a really big feeling of dread in the atmosphere. When I seen the photo in the first few posts I had an instant chill! Scary stuff. What is he? Maybe some sort of Demon?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Angel of Transformation

There is a book written in German i dont know if you can buy it in english.
In German it is called who is afraid of the black man (Wer hat Angst vorm schwarzen Mann) from Jan van Helsing.
The autor of the book has seen the black man in his dream and had a car accident shortly after.

He searched for a medium that he carfully selectet. It turnes out that the black man is death and the basic massage is that we should not be afraid because when you see him it doesent necessary meen you have to die. It is the Angel of Transformation. That meens it is the force that helps to transform us.

I have seen it many times and I can only recommend this book because many things in there are described. I dont say that this is the final answer but until today the best explenation that I can find

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This brings a childhood memory of mine also. The character you speak of resembles that of the lead character(George Hamilton) in the 80's movie "Zorro, the Gay Blade" Wow, I totally forgot about that movie. Thanks for the memories...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hello fellow open minded peoples~

This story mentions a "dark man" that you may be interested in.
Even more interesting is the people that actually hear this man talk, remember only his smile or his teeth.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Also, the Uncle Ponto was an extremely interesting story, that the entity this man saw was a construct made from several beings combined.

The Excorcism of Emily Rose was based on an actual excorcism, in Germany. This priest also mentions the black man in a trenchcoat and hat...he was terrified.

What do I know? After playing Ouija as a kid, I began to sleepwalk, and come awake, fully, in either the cellar or the attic..often...and began to bedwet, at 9! The nightmares were unbearable.

I dont discount anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

ok,

in 1790 George Sandeman opened the company. This is important to know because the name sandeman doesent have anything to do with the figure.

Other than this I have to say that when I have seen the picture on the bottle there i was still little i told my mom that is the man that visits me

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
both my mum and i have seen the hat man.
he is the devil with a smile
helped by his stupid demons.

i wrote this story out before, but didnt print out (see above)

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The illustration reminded me of one thing right away... Clint Eastwood in one of those spaghetti westerns. Which prolly doesn't sound too helpful to you, but just saying... that's what it looks like.

Were I in a situation where I was presented with such a specter... I'd do my best to force a confrontation of some kind. To me that's better than giving in to fear and having to wonder the rest of your life wtf it was.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The "Hat Man" type appears often at my girlfriend's house, but he isn't usually scary or angry. He seems to be more sad or troubled most of the time.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is to people that have seen him, only!

Check out Norse Mythologie. Wotan or Odin same thing. He had a dark blue or black cloack with a wide brimmed hat. God of war and wisdom.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The more and more I read about Hat Man, the more frustrated and fascinated I become. What jumped out at me is a member earlier in this thread stating that he equated Hat Man with Zoot from The Muppets. SO DID I. Unbelievable.

When I was a child, between the ages of approximately 3 to 10 years old, I used to have a visitor. It was a man that I would see in the living room of our home on a near-daily basis. He would be sitting in the corner. There was no chair there, but nonetheless, there he was in a sitting posture. He was almost completely black, and I always had the impression that he was wearing a long cloak. I could never truly make out his face. At least no specifics. What I recall was that his face was an opaque moonstone-like color; pallid, white, almost translucent, and the shape of his head was almost perfectly round, with very thin lips, if there were any at all. These facial characteristics were almost an afterthought after taking notice of the two physical attributes that were the most identifying. First, his eyes gave the appearance that he was wearing large, completely black sunglasses. I do not know if those were his actual eyes, or if he was actually wearing sunglasses. Truly, I have no idea. But above and beyond all else was the hat. He wore what you might call a wide-brimmed bowler or derby hat, or perhaps a gaucho hat, or a hybrid of the two. The top of the hat was completely flat, and the brim was very wide, almost as wide as his shoulders. The hat was, of course, black as well. I don't remember his hands or feet. All he would do was observe me.

The very first time I saw him, I immediately went to my mother and described him to her, and the vocal tone of her response was so passive that I was immediately put at ease. She said "That's just your imagination." At that age, I didn't know what the word "imagination" meant, so I began to call him Imagination. I thought that was his name, and I thought, due to my mother's passiveness in addressing his presence, that he was not only harmless, but a welcome guest in our home.

He would observe me as I would play with my toys on the living room floor, or while I watched television from the couch. I never felt any sense of malice or danger. Rather, he quickly became a part of the living room furniture, almost - the couch, the bookshelf, the man in the hat, the telephone table. I was never afraid. Know that he was not something I would see out of the corner of my eye. If I looked in his exact direction, I would see him sitting in the corner watching me. I could focus on his hat, and then his face, and then his body or cloak, in the same way that I could focus on a book or an album or any other tangible, physical object. This went on for many years. I don't remember when he stopped being there, but he did stop. I believe I was close to 10 years old, perhaps right before puberty hit, but this is purely a guess.

Every culture around the globe had dragons integrated into their myths. Their appearance varied, but the principle was the same; a gigantic, flying lizard terrorizing society. Even though most of these cultures had absolutely no contact with one another, they still had something common integrated into their individual mythos -- the dragon. Could the "hat man" be born of a similar human carnal source?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join