It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This White Smoke In My Photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I made this photo at Christmas and I made it at 2 different angles but this smoky funnel was in both photos.

I asked the person that developed this picture if he had ever seen anything like this and he said no.

Its not a strap because my camera doesn't have a strap.
I've read about vortex's but what is a vortex?

i65.photobucket.com...

[edit on 30-6-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, judging from the horizontal striations, I would say that whatever it is, is moving in a left to right, or right to left direction, like a strap (I know, you don't have one, you say), a piece of string, Hair?, or something generally strandular. It looks to be held from the bottom, as it is swinging more from the top, hence the cone shape. And because it bows on each side, it is a flexable piece of strandular material.

I don't think this is a ghost or a spirit at all.

But I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm going with either something held in very close proximity to the camera while the flash went off (turns everything white in the process too), or assuming it is film and not digital since it seems to be a scan, just cheap or damaged film. I've had stuff like that happen in film pictures, although it tends to be more red or orange than white most of the time. Either way, increasing the contrast and brightness or inverting it sheds no more light on the subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It is a digital camera.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Looks like a camera strap.

Take a look at all these pictures of straps.
TAPS

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Its flash reflection from the Mirror/Window behind the christmas tree.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well I was gonna say it was a scratch but.. its digital so there goes my idea
dern

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Since it can't be the camera strap which was my first idea, its probably a reflective flare from something below the camera viewer. Did you have a ring on when you took the picture? I think it was probably a reflection from a diamond ring, since it is so focused or a watch crystal or bracelet. I think it is from below the camera lens or viewfinder because it is strongest at the bottom and peters out near the top. Since it appeared only on 2 frames I would think that it was the way you were gripping the camera that allowed the reflection/refraction, once you changed your grip or moved the camera the reflection disappeared. I wouldn't expect it to happen too often, you just got lucky that day.

If it continued to happen I would suggest you have the lens of the camera checked it may have be scratched or chipped.

Best of luck and hope it never bothers you again.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Could be something like dust. and the flash reflected off of it....

crazier things have happened

new topics

top topics

join