It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally new medium lift Helicopters for Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just confirmed today is a potential contract with the CF for about 4.7 billion. Here is the link.
www.forces.gc.ca...
Now my thoughts are that they are open to other helicopters but the chinnok is probably the best bet as being our new medium lift. Its a good capabilty to be geeting back as in Afganistan we had to use other countires medium lifters to haul our troops. over all a much needed purchase. Cann't wait to see the confirmation of the C-17's for the CF that will probably be based out of Tenton.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I too certainly hope that the Canadian forces pick the CH-47 Chinook, since I work for a company with some small connection to aviation and also have quite a few colleagues in Philadelphia working on the program.

However, it's not going to be a slam-dunk; I'm assuming that Augusta Westland's EH-101, although a tad small, would probably fulfill the minimum requirements for the tender.

Ironically, when Boeing (then McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company) won the tender to supply the UK MoD with that AH-64D as its atttack helicopter (built under license by Westland as the WAH-64), there was some talk about a cross-licensing program where McDonnell Douglas would build the EH-101 as the MD-101.

Had that program come to fruition, there might today have been two Boeing aircraft under consideration in the existing tender rather than just one.

new topics

join