It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Beetle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Check this out...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is good to see that a species thought extinct or near it has been uncovered. At the rate that we are exterminating whole species, humans should be overjoyed at discoveries like this. Cool lookin' beetle, as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was overjoyed to see it. Apparently most aren't though. It's the little things like this that give me hope.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yeah, well, don't get your hopes up too much. I read an estimate that said that in 100 years we will have 50 percent of the species that exist today. Humans.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Honestly I'd be impressed if we made it that long with half the species. At the rate we're going I'd say it will be a lot sooner than that.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Great find, and very good to hear! Funny how lately we have been either rediscovering animals thought long gone, or we have been discovering absolutely incredible new animals, such as the snake that someone posted on ATS.

Those long-horn beetles, they're an interesting bunch. We had a few different ones around the area that I grew up in, the only issue I ever took was the larvae of these insects. They are truly creepy looking when you see them up close while chopping firewood.

I always wished my family and I could have snatched a picture of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker that we had seen in the swamps when I was little. They are still trying to help this beautiful bird come back, and it was truly an honor to see a living one in the wild.

That's the good news that I like to start my morning with!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ewww why do i always insist on clicking links to giant oversized bugs
eugh i am throughly freaked out now

but great find anyways lol

new topics

top topics

join