It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What artefacts where found in Tutankhamen’s Tomb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm a newbie here so sorry if this has already been answered.

I have been looking around the web to discover a list of items that where found contained within King Tut's tomb? Does anybody know?

I think this is important because this tomb was apparently still sealed and had not been robbed like most of the other tomb which have been discovered over the years.

Why where the other tombs robbed off their artefacts?
Who do you think stole these items and where could they be now?

Could these tombs have contained secrets which modern day superpowers would like kept secret?

Your thoughts please ...... Thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
www.lycos.com...

Carter discovered King Tut's tomb, in the Valley of the Kings near Luxor, Egypt, in 1922. It was filled with some 5,000 artifacts, including a life-size golden mask of the young man's head.

You can go into more indepth at this website.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeball
Why were the other tombs robbed of their artefacts?
Who do you think stole these items and where could they be now?
Could these tombs have contained secrets which modern day superpowers would like kept secret?

The items were stolen because they were gold, or made of precious wood and gems. Each one would have fed an egyptian worker for quite a while. Most tombs seemed to have been robbed by the people who built them, as they not only knew where they were but also what traps existed inside them.
As for where the gold is now, it might be anywhere. It might be a tiny fraction of the gold in a friends wedding ring. It would have been melted down 3000 years ago and reused again and again, or it might have been turned into coins at one point and could be in a cache somewhere. As for the secrets, Howard Carter didn't find any, and he wasn't working for the British Government.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The latest mystery by Egyptologist Elizabeth Peters actually details what's in the tomb... but there's many catalogs of it.
www.amazon.com...

I do recommend Peters. She's got a PhD in Egyptology and did excavate there back in the day. Her fiction is thoroughly grounded in knowledge of history and personalities and methods.

Here's her web page about this series of books:
www.ameliapeabody.com...

This book was particularly interesting because she mentions the controversy (and the timeline) around some speculation by professional archaeologists that Carter and his sponsor did indeed sneak in before the tomb was cleared and came away with treasures from it. Both men had extensive collections of gold and faience -- Peters actually "prevents" the crime in her fictional novel, but it's an interesting point to read about.

Peters also (in her earlier books) talks about the culture of Egypt at the time and the generations of tomb robbers that made their living from robbing these graves. There were a number of families where this was the family trade and they had strong connections to local dealers of "antiquities."

I highly recommend the series -- interesting fiction with a VERY solid cultural and scientific and historical background.

Here's Carter's diaries, by the way:
cat.inist.fr...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
GRRRRR, kicking myself now because i cannot remember where i heard/read this...

The idea was that in some cases the tomb robbers may actually have been sponsered by pharohs themselves, and in a way it does make sense. Look at the wealth buried in Tut's tomb, and he was a relatively minor pharoh. One can only imagine what might have been buried with the more powerful ones. Stop and think a moment what this would do to a country's treasury.

Picture yourself as a pharoh just coming into power, knowing that what must be substantial portion of your kingdom's wealth was just buried along with the body of your predecessor. The craftsmen who built the tomb are most likely still around, so the details of the tomb itself would be available. Also, who could possibly be in a better position to make sure that the guards were absent or 'looking the other way' at a certain time.

Sorry i don't have any links to provide but i thought the idea was interesting

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Tutankhamen's 'beautiful' face revealed 5th November 2007

I wouldn't give it a kiss because it's beautiful but there you go. Anyway here's the link under a short quote from it.

The true face of ancient Egypt's boy king Tutankhamen was revealed to the public for the first time on Sunday since he died in mysterious circumstances more than 3000 years ago.

The mummy was moved from its ornate sarcophagus in the tomb where its 1922 discovery caused an international sensation to a nearby climate-controlled case where experts say it will be better preserved.

Tutankhamen's body is entirely wrapped in strips of white linen, except for his face which, until now, had been seen by only a handful of experts.

Made pharaoh at the age of nine, Tutankhamen became famous with the discovery of his tomb and the treasures within by Briton Howard Carter.

His iconic solid gold burial mask weighs 11 kilograms, encrusted with lapis lazuli and other semi-precious stones....

FULL STORY

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
this isn't the first time Tutankhamens face has been revealed. Photos taken of it have been circulating for decades. The first history book I owned showed his zombie like face when I was about seven which had been taken by Carter during the original expedition.

this site lists every artifact ever removed from the tomb
griffith.ashmus.ox.ac.uk...
with the possible exception of the stuff stolen by Carter

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Its a known fact that when Human Beings have visions or are abducted, they are selected by the entity or Spirit itself without the Human Being's request. Good examples have been recorded in many writings throughout Earth's history. Some writings state that those of us here now will be contacted by them or Spirit, when they chose for us to know certain things. Therefore do not be anxcious about anything, ETC.
Humility and Humbleness contains a Negative and Positive Charge. Be like a open window that allows entry and exit at will.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if i remember correctly wasn't there also a 'jewel' made out of an amber colored glass, which was actually taken from a 'glass mine' in the middle of the desert, in which the glass was formed by a Tremendous explosion a few meters above the ground,

The explosion must have been sooo intense to create the sheer amount of glass created from the scorched sand, that it wouldve been more powerful than several nuclear/atomic bombs detonated at equal height,

Something interesting i thought i'd point out :-)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The explosion must have been sooo intense to create the sheer amount of glass created from the scorched sand, that it wouldve been more powerful than several nuclear/atomic bombs detonated at equal height,

Maybe it wasnt an explosion per se....Maybe the sand was scorched by some sort of space craft that had landed in the area..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeball

Check out this book:

Exodus Conspiracy

Interesting read, mostly speculation as I recall. Talks about Carter opening the tomb and looking in before he was supposed to and also the papyri that were supposedly there.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

This book was particularly interesting because she mentions the controversy (and the timeline) around some speculation by professional archaeologists that Carter and his sponsor did indeed sneak in before the tomb was cleared and came away with treasures from it. Both men had extensive collections of gold and faience -- Peters actually "prevents" the crime in her fictional novel, but it's an interesting point to read about.

Cater was also an artist.
Its belivied that he may have painted over one section of the wall in the burial chamber where they entered from a different side earlier than the press and official covered opening.

This theory was lent credence with the discdovery in the 1980's of non catalouged items from King Tuts tomb that must have been removed prioir to entry.
They were found behind a bookcase in his family home Highclare castle about 60 years later.

The King Tut caper The ancient Egyptian treasures might have remained hidden for centuries to come. Squirreled away by the late Lord Carnarvon--the man who in 1922 first opened King Tutankhamen's tome--the 3,000-year-old artifacts had been concealed for six decades behind a secret panel in Highclere Castle, the family estate in hampshire, England. Yet when Lord Carnarvon's grandson did a recent inventory of the manor, he called a 75-year-old butler out of retirement to assist. The butler--silent so long--led him to the "Egyptian stuff": More than 300 objects, including ...

www.encyclopedia.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hi Eyeball,
this is something tht has interested me for a very long time!
Like yourself, I have also been serching for a catalogued inventory, of what was removed from the tomb of Tutankhamun by Carter and Carnarvon, after its discovery.
If you eventually find it down the track (if one exists; I'm sure it does somewhere) please post it or let me know U2U.
I'd really appreciate it!
Kris.

new topics

top topics

join