It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
'If you don't place your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He was just another nice guy who was killed. If you do accept Him as the ultimate sacrifice for your wrong deeds and for your inaction when action was called for (i.e. sin), His blood not only covers those actions, but washes them clean.' Jungle Jake
I see it quite differently Jake. I see him as far more than just another nice guy who was killed. Maybe JFK could be seen that way, though even he was more than just another nice guy. Martyrs like Biko, Saro-Wiwa, Martin Luther King II, Malcolm X, and many others are great heroes to me. Jesus' message is a great source of wisdom, and his teachings are a rich source of profound concepts. We would all do well to follow his example. As for accepting him as a sacrifice, and letting him pay for my sins... no. He may be who you say, but even so, and even were he to personally ask me to let him pay for my sins so I could avoid hell and enter heaven, I'd politely decline.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
[Show me. Because I showed something--instead of just spouting off. You should do the same, because I don't see any kind of eternal torment mentioned in the bible--in fact, as I posted above, its quite the opposite.

We have already been through this subject before at least one time possibly two. I've posted the verses that speak of the eternalness of the seperation from God of the unsaved.

One more though. It also says why they are facing eternal seperation.

2 Thessalonians 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

new topics

<< 1   >>

join