It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyway to turn off cell phones froma distance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
hello, im having some big probs with cell phones beeping an waking up my children, i live in apartments, an speaking to them personaly doesnt seem to do a difference its like talking to a 8 year old kid. theres more then one person whos very loud with their phones an police cant do anything, nor does the landlord,

is there anything i can do that wont land me in jail! this is retarded an very disrespectful.

im a nice person, i ask them nicely to turn it down, or on private but they still continue to talk on it outside people's doors...

just ranting an seeing if there is anything i can do similar* to that device that can scan tv codes really fast an turn off tvs.... but for cell phones? or even a White noise interference its just got to stop.

thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oh, the joy of living in an apartment! You could fight back with more noise yourself.

Or... I wouldn't want to encourage criminal activities here, but it's possible to buy a cell phone jammer. This device would be interfering with the radio signal between his cell phone and the tower, so the guy would not ne able to receive or transmit calls. Keep in mind that cell phone jammers are highly illegal, getting caught using this thing you're gonna pay a steep fine, or jail time if you happen to kill one of your neighboor wearing a pacemaker.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
oh i wish, lol but im sure theres someone here with a battery-matic ticker so cell phone zapper is out, an me making noise myself, I could but it would be the noise of his cell smashing the wall an his face my fist, becuz i have done nothing more then be courteous to the whole situation, But if need be i shall turn to a creative solution... keep this open of you or anyone else has any other ideas, till then

Back to the batcave.....

nananananananananananana

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There are so many things that you could do ... As far as ... getting him outta the apartment next to you ....And that seems to be the main problem. Have you went to your landlord and comnpaind I am sure they will be able to find another apart. for you ... With in months ... At least there is a solution now as far as getting him .... .... I am not going to go into ways of .. doing it ... just google ... "Ways to get rid of Neighbors" I am sure something good will pop up ... Then I will not be held responsible ... ... =-0)

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
true true, but landlord is prolly the greater of the two evils really, an as for being transfered to another apartment, im actually in the good ones.. so honestly im just gonna have to keep stepin outside an regulating the situation im not a small guy, so at least i have my size working for me, plus im easy to piss off...

im just trying to end the Beeping of their cell phones thats all thats bothering us an my kids... the beeping of the phone is the most high pitched anoying thing ever made!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
true true, but landlord is prolly the greater of the two evils really, an as for being transfered to another apartment, im actually in the good ones.. so honestly im just gonna have to keep stepin outside an regulating the situation im not a small guy, so at least i have my size working for me, plus im easy to piss off...

im just trying to end the Beeping of their cell phones thats all thats bothering us an my kids... the beeping of the phone is the most high pitched anoying thing ever made!

Have you guys tried ear plugs ?? They make some good ear plugz that are comfortable and you will not even realize you have them on ... They just muffle far away noises but still allow you to communicate close by .... Not sure the name of the ear plugs ... .Google .. away ..

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
two words....

AIR HORNS...

go pick up a couple of air horns, and everytime they're being loud, just open a door or window and give'em a little blast...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i love the air horn, we were thinking of filling a can full of pennies an shaking it at them everytime we hear em...

or a squirt bottle LMFAO

as for the ear plugs, it would work if we didnt have kids, plus i worked on the flightline for 4 years, as a F-16 Crew Cheif, even with Double earing protection my hearing is rather lame...

thanks guys for the posts.......

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok...

Step 1: Pick up large blunt object prefrbly a baseball but a rock would do

Step 2: find your target

Step 3:Hurlobject at target

Step 4: Laugh at target on the ground

Step 5: Run away

Step 6:A good nights sleep

new topics

top topics