It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Necronomicon facts or Fiction?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I bet every one out here have heared or even read this book.

I was wondering is it really some crazy guys imagination or is it an true book with true facts?

Anyone who is interested in reading it here is the link to it you can download the eBook (there are some other wikka stuff on the website aswell , interesting to check it out)

The Necronomicon

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The Necronomicon is a highly debated about system. Overal it has been accepted by practitioners to be a fictional. There are more then just one Necronomicon however by various authors. The most well known is Simon. Even though the detailed working and such it is still fiction. This does not however diminish the magical workings of the Necronomicon similar to how Ctulhu from the fictional workings of Lovecraft is a workable system as well.

From a chaotic point of view people are able to create servitors and eggregores and other god forms just as potent as deities from already excisting pantheons.

Class Lessons of Simon's Necronomicon
Necronomicon
Validity of the Necronomicon
Good Results from the Necronomicon
New Book by Simon

Some links

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Lovecraft insisted that the book was pure invention. Thats good enough for me
but still some people claim there is a real necronomicon though I have never seen any evidence to support such a claim.

There are some very real grimoires out there though that deal with subject like Demons, necromancy etc.. The Key of Solomon for example.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Would Necronomicon be related to the Book of the dead/living?

And why if its a fictional book did the church banish it and tryed to get rid of it, if there is no harm to it?

Well if some crazy guy would experiment with it i can see the harm in it but that doesnt permit the removal of the book for us the common sence guys. The crazy guy can pick up any object and use it in a bad way IMO.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Solomon's Key doesn't work with demons, but with daemons. Two very different things. As for a real Necronomicon...there is a version going around bound in human flesh for a few thousand dollars.

I doubt the Necronomicon is related to the book of the Dead/Living. Then again I'm not a practitioner of it, Kabbala and the Goetia are what I do. I advise you yod ask someone else such as Ashnook on the occult forums. He also gives "classes" in the Necronomicon.

The church banishes many books whether they are fictional or real. They even proclaimed Harry Potter to be devilish and should be banished. Not only because it dealt with magic, but also because it would make kids do it. But in the past the church and Vatican also placed books on the black list for simly using phrases like "the main character went for a wee". I mean...they banish anything that is even remotely off to their own teachings. Now a days they, luckily, have a lot less influence and the church and state are seperated. Thusly more information can be found if you know where to look and doing so will give you a more complete picture instead of being kept into the dark and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The orginal Necoronomicon was something Lovecraft made up for one of his stories or so he claims. Historical "Books of the Dead", such as the Egyptian Book of the Dead or the Tibetan Bardo Thodol, could be thought of as "real Necronomicons" I guess but they should not be confused with the Lovecraft Necronomicon.

The necromicon you can buy in stores is really based on Sumerian mythology. Sometimes called the "Simon Necronomicon" after the pseudonymic of its writer and came out in 1970s. Thats what you find if you go to a book store I have a copy. Alot of the Gods and Demons mentioned in it are real Sumerian lore. Marduk fro example was a real pagan god.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
Solomon's Key doesn't work with demons, but with daemons. Two very different things.

Really whats the difference?

Demons, Daemons, Jinn, Fall angels and the like are all different names for the same thing in my book.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Approach each one from the theological point of view from which they originate and you'll see the difference in each phrase. You can't just simply take one theological definition and apply it into another framework which works with a different theological background.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I personally think each culture was seeing the same thing but that their theological viewpoints changed how they interpreted them. The each put their different spin on the story as humans often due.

For example Dragons in the Western cultures compared to Dragon in Eastern culutres. Vastly different outlooks on pretty much the same animal.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

Cug

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Here is a story on how the Simon Necronomicon came into being.

www.nypress.com...&columns/feature.cfm

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitali
I bet every one out here have heared or even read this book.

I was wondering is it really some crazy guys imagination or is it an true book with true facts?

Anyone who is interested in reading it here is the link to it you can download the eBook (there are some other wikka stuff on the website aswell , interesting to check it out)

The Necronomicon

I would like to explain my views on this book, which I've studied and read...

Masterminds are able to understand how the mechanics of thought and the world co-mingle... the necronomicon is a system devised by such a mastermind.. although a mastermind may not be a complete mastermind meaning they "know everything" some masterminds simply understand one aspect of things better than anyone else.. He understood the use of symbols to keep ideas fresh, the "spirits" became real after someone first believed they could create them... You see, the necronomicon is meant to call up the angels of darkness, angels is bad word to use, but lets just say, the "negative spirits" the actual methods don't call them up.. its more or less a method of belief or faith, its like a play... to show your belief or faith in their(neg spirits) being alive... its more a method of sacrifice, or giving yourself to them so they can help you, because you are more capable then them... the reason for all of the symbols and rites is to prove that you believe in foolishness, and not yourself.. they pride themselves in that.. they won't come to those who are self-aware in all aspects , they are afraid of us in that aspect... because they were told that we are their demise.. but they don't understand how it's going to come about.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Total Work of fiction. Lovecraft had a very good imagination though. And of course, there are still many who are convinced that it is real.

I have never used the necronomicon in anything remotely magical. I dont think any serious practitioner of the occult would.

Cug

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I have never used the necronomicon in anything remotely magical. I dont think any serious practitioner of the occult would.

Sure they would, you could think of as a form of Chaos Magick.

Shoot I know someone who evoked the powerful entity Yogi Bear and charged him to do a task*. It worked, but it's hard to do, you basically have to make him "real" in your mind.

*He was losing weight from chemo, so he evoked Yogi to give him an appetite.

[edit on 6/28/2006 by Cug]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Klatu...

Verata...

Necktie!..

Nixon...

Nimble...

Neptune...

Okay, okay...
Maybe I didn't say every last sylable, but, yeah, basically I said them...

(
sorry, I couldn't resist!:lol

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Klatu...

Verata...

Necktie!..

Nixon...

Nimble...

Neptune...

Okay, okay...
Maybe I didn't say every last sylable, but, yeah, basically I said them...

(
sorry, I couldn't resist!:lol

Okay there Ash ... lol

Hey Cug, Chaos magic is simply using things that are unrelated and relating them... thats all chaos magic is,... simply that is..

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Okay there Ash ... lol

Hey Cug, Chaos magic is simply using things that are unrelated and relating them... thats all chaos magic is,... simply that is..

You crack me up. Cug can I have this one?

Dnero I applaud your courage to define chaos magic, but you failed miserably at it. There is more to chaos then just relating topics that are not related with one another. That is more a concept of lateral thinking called Po deviced by Dr. Edward de Bono.

Defining what Chaos magic is is near impossible. Most forms of magic have an outline that can be used to define what it is that you are doing. Ceremonialists work with systems that require them to do extensive rituals with their system of choice (Goetia, Enochian, Heptemaron etc). With Chaos magic, as the name already implies, there is no framework to use as guidelines or that confines it. You can better start defining what Chaos magic is not before you attempt to define what it is.

There have been numerous amounts of debates about this within the magical community and still there is no definite answer. You can view one of those debates here. Another massive debate within the Chaote community is about dogma's and paradigma's and whether they belong to Chaos magic or not.

To me personally Chaos magic is working freely with no framework that defines, limits you in your working. You explore dogmatic beliefs en are tied to none, being able to switch from one to another depending on which is needed in order to achieve the task at hand. The whole Chaos magic has been taken up a whole new level with the coming of X-magic theory.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Total Work of fiction. Lovecraft had a very good imagination though. And of course, there are still many who are convinced that it is real.

Ohh? As Cug already mentioned there are enough Chaos magicians that work with "fictional" or self created godforms. Have a look at this link for excample. Some works about the same in relation to the Necronomicon can be found here.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Has anyone read his writtings and checked history to see if they came true?

I have a folder full of papers - his writings that were (suposedly) never published. Let me run grab them right quick...

Ok. This is the untold nostradamus unpublished prophecies. Let's see what we got.

Looks like we have some background on who he was, blah blah blah.

Ahh.. here we go. He wrote a letter to his son, in it he wrote about some pretty 'end time' like events happening to the world. He lists many. He says it will begin with a war opening on 11-23 and ending on 12-21-99. (Anyone find anything about a war of sorts on these date?) He states that 'by military hand', for 40 years after this there will be plague, death and famine.

The next thing I see here is that he wrote about Christs next coming. He says it will happen (duh), and that before he comes these things will happen: the great star for seven days shall burn, a cloud shall make two suns appear.
He then says: in the Year 1999 and seven months, from the sky will come an alarmingly powerful king.

Later he says in in 7/1999 a kind of great terror will come from the sky and bring back to life the great king of mongols. Before and after war reings happily. (I think that's the part that some people think he's talking about ufo's.

I don't remember a king coming from the sky in 1999. He goes on... but that's enough to get the jist of this particular prediction.

...... If nostradamus was a prophit, then he wasn't 100%.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
?

What does nostradomus have to do with it?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hmmm...Nostradamus has nothing to do with the Necronomicon at all. Except that they both have fiction working for them

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
?

What does nostradomus have to do with it?

If your reffering to my reply... he's the one that predicted it. I'm not a great fan or follower of his, never bothered to look at his stuff to even see if anything was true. Just happen to have a huge file of info from his writings from my aunt - she's in antiques and gets all kinds of different stuff - she thought I'd be interested in it. I've never read it. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join