It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces expelled fifty Iraqis from their homes to set up a military outpost in Ramadi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
When we heard our politicians talking about how we were going in there and liberate the Iraqis, who knew they meant liberate of them of their homes and throw them out into the streets with what they could carry? Who knew liberate them meant toss them out their own doors into the streets of a war torn country? Is this the Bush Administration's latest plan to win the Iraqis hearts and minds?

www.democracynow.org.../06/27/1432256
US Expels 50 Iraqis From Ramadi Homes
In other Iraq news, the New York Times is reporting US forces expelled fifty Iraqis from their homes this weekend to set up a military outpost in Ramadi. The Iraqis were sent into the streets carrying their food and clothing. The US is currently in the midst of a major operation in Ramadi that has already led to the expulsion of thousands of people.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A search of the NYT website comes up negative as a source for the story. Sounds like disinformation to me

[edit on 6/28/2006 by shots]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
They were probably compensated as well, but the news fail to include that info. so they can make their news more dramatic.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IspyU
They were probably compensated as well, but the news fail to include that info. so they can make their news more dramatic.

There are people in Iraq whose families have lived in the same house for hundreds of years to where you can't compensate them for their home, yet they are expelled anyway.

It's no wonder there is an insurgency. We created it by booting people out of their homes and treating them like trash in their own backyard, yet THAT is something they aren;t to quick to publicize.

I know if this were me and I were forcefully expelled from my ancestral home, that I'd be killing Americans too. Put the shoe on the other foot and think about it.

What we have been doing there is wrong. It's not "spreading democracy" and it sure as hell isn't "liberating the Iraqi people". Liberating them from what? One dictator to another?

Want to make the news more dramatic? Tell the truth!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Critical_Mass

Originally posted by IspyU

There are people in Iraq whose families have lived in the same house for hundreds of years to where you can't compensate them for their home, yet they are expelled anyway.

It's no wonder there is an insurgency. We created it by booting people out of their homes and treating them like trash in their own backyard, yet THAT is something they aren;t to quick to publicize.

I know if this were me and I were forcefully expelled from my ancestral home, that I'd be killing Americans too. Put the shoe on the other foot and think about it.

What we have been doing there is wrong. It's not "spreading democracy" and it sure as hell isn't "liberating the Iraqi people". Liberating them from what? One dictator to another?

Want to make the news more dramatic? Tell the truth!!!!

That is why I put the word "Probably", I don't know for sure and you don't either. What do you think the media care more about? Ratings or what is really going on? and how often do you here positive things happening in the news?

There isn't enough info. on that website to conclude about anything except assumptions from pass news about soldiers killing civilians.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
A search of the NYT website comes up negative as a source for the story. Sounds like disinformation to me

[edit on 6/28/2006 by shots]

Here is the link to the story in the NYT, it's on the second page of the story. Why you could not find it I do not know but it is definitely there. I'm not sure if this particular paper allows you to post any part of their stories without payment, otherwise I would post the part of the story that talks about this.

It does say the people were promised compensation, big deal if you are already broke and have to wait for months to get it. One of the people interviewed said he did not know where he would go. You know I bet right here in America if someone was tossed from their home, out into the street, how many here would be ok? Imagine having someone do that to you in a war torn country.

Also shots, the Democracy Now show has won many awards for their top notch reporting, it is not a blog it is an actual 5 day a week 1 hr. news program with award winning journalists and it comes on free speech tv.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Not doubting your source goose but unfortunately you need to be a member of their website to log into the article. So here are some more stories of Iraqis being kicked out their homes…

According to al jazeera, the U.N shows its more than150,000 since February
www.aljazeera.com...

The Syrians think over 500,000 Iraqis are in their country
faculty-staff.ou.edu...

We kicked some squatters out of the Green Zone buildings; only they had nowhere to go to.
abutamam.blogspot.com...

Apparently the kicking out of people has been going on one way or another ever since this great invasion idea took of…
raedinthemiddle.blogspot.com...

So no need to worry shots there’s plenty of information out there about it! In fact so much it looks like this particular NYT story might have got a bit lost in it.

If I had the choice nobody would need to kick me out of Iraq; apparently since this article was written the rubbish collection has become almost non existent and the state of the healthcare system is even more degraded…
www.ippnw-europe.org...

But of course Iraq was worse under Saddam. They might not have been able to speak their minds then and they can’t do it know unless they want to get shot. But back then they had security, social stability and basic services in spite of the U.N sanctions now all they have is the law of the jungle and a ever stronger social and political slide to religious fundamentalism; looks like they will become a satellite of Iran; now if only we had liquidated them? And I guess the more that die the more that will be liberated from this once almost western style country? (Pre 1991)

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Thanks Liberal1984, I did not realize everyone could not access it. I joined for free years ago and get their headlines in my email. This particular story was in their headline pages a few days ago.

bih

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
makes me wonder was this war really for the liberation of the people
its just some plain stupid propaganda

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Guys/Gals not for nothin but they allow corporations to remove citizens from their homes here forcibly and with unfair compensation just to make room for shopping malls or luxury condos. Did we think that freedom for the Iraqi's would be any different from our freedoms at home? LOL

Pie

edited for spelling

[edit on 29-6-2006 by ThePieMaN]

new topics

top topics

join