It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI makes alien contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If that's true, I hope progress is being made on this. But I'm sure the government isn't going to let this go out in the public without some type of block maneuver or dis-info attempt.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
would be great if it is true...but Greer????

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How could this be verified?

Has Greer mentioned this lately? I haven't visited the DP site of late - not sure it was being maintained.

Thanks for the link btw.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If it's true, I believe the government shouldn't block the information. I mean what is the discovery going to reveal except that yes, there are critters out in space. I don't believe a discovery that we are not the only life in the universe is going to be mind blowing. NASA already announced possible signs of life in Martian rocks years ago and the story didn't even seem that big.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Orion the Hunter,

I understand what you mean by that, but to the majority of people biological microbes aren't as impacting as a completely different biological entity with an intelligence that may very well surpass ours 100 fold.

But it depends how they approach this manner. I'm sure they're not going to jump out and announce it, I think it'll get downplayed. I mean don't get me wrong, if this comes out fully, it'll be a hot issue and cause people to ask more questions, demand more answers but the government might play it off as they are no threat to us.. etc.

Now.. on the other hand, if we ever had another mexican mass sighting except over U.S. airspace.. or a major foreign city, that's about as crazy as crazy can get.

I hope this pulls through.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
"but that now they are getting external human, probably NRO or NSA jamming of those signals and they are getting very frusturated."

so they can't proove it and from what i read in the article it seems like greer heard it from somebody who is to much of a coward to give his identity. Also since they can no longer receive the signal apparently well....

It is plausable but highly unlikely I am leaning more toward the hoaxy aspect as opposed to it being actual fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Anyone have another link to this?

I would love to see another article on the fact that there may be more info to this.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is incredible! A very important event that I hope will become mainstream news soon... The NSA or whoever is disrupting the progress on this really needs to let it go already... The world is ready for this now after all this time!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
WOW. he sure has upped the tempo of late.

Is this for real?
read the article not seen the video yet, but like another poster has said can this be verified in some way.??

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Doctor... don't be so hard on the guy. I think 'coward' is a bit harsh. There have been at least two generations of people with inside UFO knowledge and only a handful of individuals, usually close to the ends of their lives, have come forward. The government can be very, very pursuasive --- especially if this guy has a family.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
All i can say is

When the time is deemed right, they will say High.....

if there was a point at which the public needed something to unify an make clear humans are equal it would be now.....

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Very good find! This is quite the news if this can be verified by another source. Thanks for bringing the article to our attention. I will see if i cant find anymore articles to verify this claim

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
not really confirmation, but its a pretty cool site though
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Found a recording of the allegations, im at work where people are around me at the mo, so i can listen ohhh dam.

Il post it up and listen when i get home, hopefully its not a repeat of the OPs video.

ocforums.com/attachment.php

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 28-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Basically saying the same thing as the video.

I'm not claiming anything here but if you were an agency of the government and you were talking to someone quite frequently and there was another organization trying to pick up on that "someone" you would probably not want this organization to know or figure out what was being discussed or that discussions were even happening. So, you jam the organization from receiving.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its very mainstream, but found something that dates back a bit, connected??

The guy from SETI says.

David Anderson, director of SETI@home, remains sceptical but curious about the signal. ”It’s unlikely to be real but we will definitely be re-observing it.” Bell Burnell agrees that it is worth persisting with. “If they can see it four, five or six times it really begins to get exciting,”

link.
www.newscientist.com...

Not confirmation for greer, but something.....

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor

It is plausable but highly unlikely I am leaning more toward the hoaxy aspect as opposed to it being actual fact.

I suppose it could be but SETI has too much at stake to hoax signals. The whole project, funding, etc. would be jepordized. I would think private supporters would bail and it would be a very big black eye. Plus the UFO/ET community would look pretty bad and I do not think SETI would want that to happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
if its a hoax then, it fooled seti, becuz they are way to serious in they're operations,

i hope is was my computer that found it lol im gonna go look at my files now....
(yeah right)

but one can hope, i just hope it ghets cleared up soon!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is what SETI have said regarding those signals found in 2003, i think was the year.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It seems signals are not that uncommon.

Over the years, Seti@home has detected many hundreds of thousands of spurious signals and has used statistical techniques to identify them as interference.

About 150 signals survived the process and were subjected to further scrutiny but none passed the final test to be classed as a potential signal from ET.

Do you think Greer is taking this out of context??

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Denied]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join