It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating "DEBRIS" or is it? at the Space Station?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Earlier this AM I read an article stating that and unidentified object was floating near the International Space Station. This evening they are saying something totally different. Maybe the decided that "unidentified" was too strong of a word and had to hurry up and change it?

www.khaleejtimes.com

MOSCOW - A piece of space debris left by the United States could pass within 240 metres (800 feet) of the International Space Station (ISS) but does not pose a serious threat, Russia’s space flight control centre said on Tuesday.

“The object, which could pass 240 metres above the station, is a piece of abandoned American cargo launched in 1963” and weighing 79 kilogrammes (175 pounds), said a spokesman for the centre, Vsevolod Latychev.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is really weird - earlier it was one thing and suddenly it was another. Very strange!

[edit on 27-6-2006 by uplander]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Is it not possible that these are 2 totally different items they are talking about? That's what it sounds like ot me.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't see how this is strange, they said ''undentified'', then changed it because they knew that hundreds of UFO nuts would start foaming at the mouth.

Come one people, it's only some space junk, this probably happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah, if it was a UFO they wouldn't be able to predict that it would pass over them today, because it would just come out of the void and pass them by giving them only enough time to say "WTF was that?" in Russian of course.

You know what would be cool, being out there, on a spacewalk, trying to shoot the junk.
Like DuckHunt in space. "Pew Pew Pew"...well no sound in the void so "... ... ..."

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I can imagine that! An astronaut with a shotgun, shouting at junk and shooting it. Damn, that would make my day!

If it was a UFO though, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to know it would pass over the station, I seriously doubt they fly in distinguishable flightpaths.

Still, the shooting it.............

new topics

top topics

join