It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Strike and Troop Movement In Gaza Right Now!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Having lots of Arab mates i always ask them why other Arab countrys dont help there palestinian brothers in there figth ?

?
They have in the past. I guess they got tired of losing everytime....
Isreals army is very strong and they have the US as an ally. What country in that region is willing to face Isreal and the US?

This is really sad.......you would think a people who went through the holocaust would be extra sensitive to commintg a Palestinian-holocaust. I guess the lessons of WW2 are lost in ignorance

Yes it's sad and I do feel sorry for what the innocent Palestinians have to put up with because of the ignorant among them. But you can't compare this to the holocaust. Then you had people trying to wipe out a nation simply because of who they were. Here, Isreal's attacks have been retalitory. Isreal has been attacked by terrorists and countries since it's exsistence. What do you expect them to do? Just stand there and not do anything?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Israel has a disturbingly powerful military, hopefully it will only be used in a limited way. But this operation in gaza, its easy to see that it could escalate into an operation throughout the terrritories. And its also easy to see that groups like hizbollah and others from lebanon and syria might start becoming more active, ESPECIALLY if the yehudis decide that its no longer in their favour to grant the palestinians their Palestinain Authority government, OR if they decide to attack Hamas throughout the region.

What happens if that is going on, and there is a buildup of syria's military, and then war breaks out between the US and Iran? And how many other arab states are going to stand by while Israel is on the move in apparent coordination with the US "against islam"?

In all likelyhood, not too much will happen, but its definitely got the sound of the start of somethign big.

Once again my good friend, your looking glass has been windexed and is clear. I agree, this has the makings of something HUGE. Remember DEsert Storm I? We urged, cajoled, threatened, pleaded with Israel NOT to get involved. Now, they're coming in the back door. I think this is really the start of a MAJOR war- Christianity/Judaism VS Islam. I just wonder where Russia and China will stand- scary that they depend heavily on IRAN for their oil.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What is the current situation in Gaza? I don't have access to a News Channel at this time.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In developments elsewhere:

Around 30 Israeli army jeeps have surrounded a building near the West Bank town of Ramallah

Militants in the West Bank showed what they said was a photocopy of the ID card of the missing 18-year-old Jewish settler Eliahu Asher, whom they say they have abducted and will kill if Israel continues its operation.

Israel's Public Security Minister, Avi Dichter, told Israeli radio that Hamas leaders based in Syria could be attacked

The White House said Israel has the right to defend itself and the lives of its citizens, In any actions the government of Israel may undertake the United States urges that it ensures that innocent civilians are not harmed," said White House spokesman Tony Snow.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Israel's Public Security Minister, Avi Dichter, told Israeli radio that Hamas leaders based in Syria could be attacked

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by infinite]

OH. CRAP.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My god that does seem bad

How will effect the US & Europe exactly.?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not sure if this article has been covered as yet.

newsbox.msn.co.uk... 4996&d=20060628&do=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk&i=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/mediaexportlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What is this some lull between end of the world dates?

WWIII isn't going to get started.

The IDF is just going to smack these juvenile deliquent acting 'Palestinians' around till the result resembles something like a normal situation...

Israeli intelligence will keep sniffing around till they get a lead on this poor French guy. His chances are... kinda slim.

There is kind of a humorous side to this series of episodes though... For all of Hamass tough talk about what they would do against the Israelis 'aggressors'...

They haven't done much... Unless you include running and hiding!

Just another day in the Middle East.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by golemina]

CX

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sky News is reporting that claims are now being made that the militants have kidnapped a third Israeli. This is'nt going to calm down any time soon by the looks of it.

I'll post a link when they put one up.

CX.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Abu Abir, a spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committees, showed a photocopy of the missing settler's ID card at a Gaza news conference. Abu Abir and other militants then left in a hurry at the sound of sonic booms from an Israeli warplane.

And that is why the yehudis are in the region. How exactly did this guy organize a press conference, without the Hamas lead government knowing about it? WHy did he run at the sound of yehudi warplanes, it should've been at the sound of Hamas militias coming to arrest him. SINCE Hamas won't do what it must to get this soldier back, OF COURSE the yehudis are going to send in their tanks, jets, bombs, etc. Of course they are going to destroy communication lines and power to the region during the operation, and of course they are going to be knocking down doors.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that Israeli warplanes just buzzed Syrian president Bashar Assad's house. The buzzing of his home is apparently meant to "persuade" the Syrian leader to step and force the release of the hostage.

This could get really ugly.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
CNN is reporting that Israeli warplanes just buzzed Syrian president Bashar Assad's house. The buzzing of his home is apparently meant to "persuade" the Syrian leader to step and force the release of the hostage.

Once again - OH. CRAP.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
add to that a reported third Israeli kidnapped.

We might find out just what Iran is (or isn't) hiding since they have pledged their allegiance to the Palestinians.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Palestine...... Syria......Iran........

What's/Who's next??? Egypt, China, Russian Federation Member????

HERE WE GO!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I really try to stay out of these "discussions" because they don't tend to do anything except inflame and each "viewpoint" is dead set and very resistant to see both sides of the issue.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, Isreal has done some pretty amazing things as far as giving the Palastinians an opportunity to become a nation. (When I say giving, I'm referencing the "giving up land for peace" deal and even coming to the table to talk with the elected Hamas government.)

But let's be real, the phrase "give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile" has never been more true at this moment. I'm quite dismayed to watch what's transpiring. PA finally has an oportunity to become legitimate, and what happens? They continue to launch rockets into Isreal on a daily basis, continually launch incursions into Isreali land, boast about having chemical and bio weapons and their willingness to use them and basically continue to do everything possible to ensure their failure as a recognized nation of the world. Sad to see such a wasted opportunity.

IMO, Isreal has every right to defend their country and people from a terrorist lead political faction. You can bet your sweet a** that if it was any other country in the world besides Isreal defending itself, there would be support for it.

Anyway, it's a sad, sad situation that could/should be resolved if those in power put human life before political and religeous beliefs.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Originally posted by i4cu2
So if the answer is to move the israelis out, which country would you move them next to?

Germany after all what did the Palestinians eva do to deserve having there country stolen by the Britts and Jews ?. If your going to give out land over guilt
why not take the land from the guilty in this case Germany

Gee it seems to slip my mind, I don't seem to recall a time when there was a state with the name Palestine? Oh thats right im not forgetting, as there never was! It was a province of the ottoman empire, not a free country. The fools think every one will bend over backwards for them, in reality they will never have a free standing independant state. They have no industry, no way of creating an income, they will be a welfare state for as long as they would exist until another country stomps all over them in the future.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

Originally posted by Crakeur

Once again - OH. CRAP.

Israeli aircraft have bombed camps in lebenon and such before, syria wouldnt react with military against Israel, as history shows they just can't win

Iran did sign a pact with Syria though and that is not to be taken to lightly, if Iran assist syria, while I still think Israel will hold its own no problem the U.S. as an ally will no doubt attack Iran. That is all unlikely, worst off it is a bad situation for us to be in, but no threatning world war 3.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-News Alert on CNN*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Syria says its air defenses fired at Israeli jets flying over the president's house, forcing them to flee, The Associated Press reports.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am surprised they did not just blow them apart. They could have done it quite easily. I guess he does not want regional war. Well unfortunately that is not the case with Israel.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is anyone actually sure Syria could hit an IAF Fighter?

Extremely provocative move on Israel's part.

Doesn't seem like the best move if PEACE is the motive.

I often find myself on the Israeli side of the various arguments that pop up, but this one screams wrong to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join