It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Strike and Troop Movement In Gaza Right Now!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Israel Radio reports Israeli air strike and ground troop movement in northern Gaza, AP reports.

CNN

[edit on 27-6-2006 by MajesticJax]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I guess this is the beginning of the end friends. Who, if anyone, do you think will come to the Palestinian's aid? How can Israel hold an entire political system responsible for an offshoot faction's, (maybe, who knows who is exactly responsible), abduction? Man, I bet this turns out to be a VERY ugly mess. Wouldn't it be crazy if WW3 is started by the abduction of ONE soldier? Although, if I were that soldier, I'm pretty sure I'd want the same consideration his country's giving HIM! PLEASE, GET ME THE HELL OUTTA HERE!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Its a shame they are going to martyr that kid in order to have a reason to kill a bunch of Palestinians. This wouldn't have happened had they just accepted responsibility for what they did on the beach that day rather then to try to shirk it off as though they were worthless lives, and then to continue killing innocent people several days later further enraged not only the Palestinians but people of other nations as well. This was the hoped for result on the Israeli governments part. Its so obvious.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting, could be a Nick Berg type thing huh?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You have to admire the IDFs refusal to get sucked into the Arab worlds favorite pass time... playing the game of Qui Moi?

The IDF is certainly a lot more humanitarian than I might be...

I can't help but think a one for one response would be in order.

You fire a Qassam, we level an entire city block.

You kidnap/kill a soldier/civilian...

Anyhow, I'm sure you get the picture.

PS... You have just got to love the Hamas chest thumping... You sometimes just wish they could get a clue what a bunch of wussies they are collectively. Sigh...

[edit on 27-6-2006 by golemina]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Its a shame they are going to martyr that kid in order to have a reason to kill a bunch of Palestinians. This wouldn't have happened had they just accepted responsibility for what they did on the beach that day rather then to try to shirk it off as though they were worthless lives, and then to continue killing innocent people several days later further enraged not only the Palestinians but people of other nations as well. This was the hoped for result on the Israeli governments part. Its so obvious.

Really cute...So you were there and you know best who's responsable for the beach blast?
Let me ask you then something...Did you know that since Israel left Gaza Strip some 7 months ago the peaceful palestinian population of Gaza has launched more than 1200 Qassams or mortar shells and 3 grad rockets (Katyusha for you) at guess what civilan populated areas? (isn't this a war crime...oh but only when the israelis hurt civilians without intention)
If this is not an act of war than lets look at the attack you say is in response of the beach blast?The tunnel was more than 1200 meters long and it is estimated that it took more than 4 months to dig it?I guess the palestinians know the future too and were preparing for it months before...

You are pathetic!!!!

[edit on 27-6-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
Let me ask you then something...Did you know that since Israel left Gaza Strip some 7 months ago the peaceful palestinian population of Gaza has launched more than 1200 Qassams or mortar shells and 3 grad rockets (Katyusha for you) at guess what civilan populated areas? (isn't this a war crime...oh but only when the israelis hurt civilians without intention)

Peaceful population? So you are trying to say that ALL Palestinians are firing these rockets? Perhaps the pregnant palestinian woman killed the other day and the 5 and 8 year old were loading the launchers? Its not the Population firing anything. Now an Army attacking, thats representative of a population. These terrorists are not army nor do they represent the population. Your attitude however does represent the general outlook that all Palestinians should be considered terrorists hence are valid targets no matter what.

If this is not an act of war than lets look at the attack you say is in response of the beach blast?The tunnel was more than 1200 meters long and it is estimated that it took more than 4 months to dig it?I guess the palestinians know the future too and were preparing for it months before...

You are pathetic!!!!

How do you know that tunnel wasn't already there built by settlers to go in and attack the palestinians? Maybe it was there for palestinians to be able to sneak over to work their fields?Maybe it was there for years! Either way...you will complain if they choose viable Military targets or wether they lob rockets into the cities. You make me laugh. Your thoughts about me don't make me feel any different. Maybe one day they will round you up place you in a ghetto, seperate you from your family, your home, place a big wall in between your land and you and tell you when you can eat, sleep, crap, and work and see how you like being treated like dirt. Anyone who agrees with such a lifestyle needs to seek help. I may be pathetic but coming from someone who thinks this is a good way to treat humans is like crap telling an anus that it doesn't smell right.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Interesting, could be a Nick Berg type thing huh?

Now that they have turned this into a military affair, I believe they will. I think if they had just kept to diplomacy they would have released this boy unharmed as they did those people from the last protest. If the IDF starts killing people they will definitly end this guys life I fear. Its a shame.

Pie

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
In Defense Of The Obvious

Its so obvious.

If there's one thing I've learned about the Middle East, it's that nothing about it is obvious.

Israel/Palestine is at the center of a global game of chess which involves all the major powers. Consequently, there is much more at stake than just a small strip of dirt in the southeast Mediterranean.

All the news that comes from the region is carefully filtered based on the interests of those reporting it, and to whom they report it.

Having followed the story since the '70s, I am reasonably sure that most of the information about what actually matters in the Middle East never makes it into the "world press".

To assume that everything we truly need to know about the Middle East is publicly available would be, in my opinion, to risk ignoring the truth and thereby deceiving ourselves.

With Israel and Palestine (and most other Middle Eastern nations) each supported by and allied with competing world powers, the politics of the area makes strange bedfellows. New alliances and betrayals take place constantly there, and the entire region has served as an arena for global proxy wars for decades.

The truth is that pretty much everyone has their fingers in the Middle East, but with all eyes on the U.S., the rest of the world can basically do what it pleases.

And it does.

It's so obvious.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

How do you know that tunnel wasn't already there built by settlers to go in and attack the palestinians? Maybe it was there for palestinians to be able to sneak over to work their fields?

Well As I Already Said:
PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't regard all the palestinians as a terrorists but I do think that they have that thing called PA with their chairman and 40 000 men strong police force, and by the Oslo Agreement they a supposed to enforce the law...I know they are jewish terrorist too,but israeli police (as you would say the israeli society) are hunting them down and putting them in jail...On the other side the photos of the martyrs as you call them are in every corner in every shop...
Someone ones said :"The Palestinians never miss an oppurtunity to miss an oppurtunity"...they just did it again...Society that praise `martyrs` deserve to receive the other society's bayonettes for kiddnaping an citizen of that same society...
this is the Collective choice of the palestinians...

Oh..I just now got it...The moon spots are to blame!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I know some people haven't seen this before. I like that, it means that young people are taking an interest in world events.

I freaked the first time I saw Israel blow its cool. Remember last time they went into the the strip, and ended up shooting at reporters in the process? I thought it was on like donkey kong.

Nope... just Israel making a point. I tend to suspect that's what's happening today. Israel is making a point, and as Majic alluded to, Israel is not just making this point to Palestine, for just for Israel's own sake either.

There are a lot of messages and a lot of pawn takes pawn type minor geopolitical plays that could be going down here.

Israel/America reminding Iran that they have a hair trigger and really big bullets to boot?

America and Israel helping the Palestinian government fail so that the Palestinians take the blame and it doesn't look like we welched on our commitment to democracy in the mid-east?

Then there are the internal politics of Palestine to consider. Who took him exactly? Fatah supporters sticking it to Hamas?

I'm not really an expert; odds are I'm missing the most compelling possibilities. I'm just saying that when you consider the scale of whats going on over one kidnapping, and the fact that so far I haven't seen anyone specific blamed for the act that started this (rare thing... remember how fast we heard Osama's name after 9/11?) you really have to wonder how many of the possible angles are being played here.

I really doubt we're looking at a gathering storm... at least not in terms of a major regional war breaking out in direct and immediate response to this event. It's just a tremor- a polite reminder that yes, this is an active faultline.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Might is right huh?

Given Israel's past crimes it's a bit rich to launch an attack on the entire population of Gaza using the kidnap of one soldier as an excuse.

The Israeli air force has attacked three bridges and a power station in the Gaza Strip amid heightened tension over the capture of an Israeli soldier.
It is not yet clear if there are any casualties but the strike on the plant has plunged much of Gaza into darkness.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It does seem to be the IDF version of 'collective punishment'.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ground Attack launched!

Israel army starts Gaza assault

The Israeli army says it has begun a ground offensive in Gaza, following the capture of an Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants.
Israeli aircraft earlier bombed bridges and a power plant in the Gaza Strip.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
To be entirely honest.... what do you want them to do? Just allow the palastinians to kill one of their soldiers?

Our government wouldn't negotiate with terrorists.. why should theirs?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawa
To be entirely honest.... what do you want them to do? Just allow the palastinians to kill one of their soldiers?

Well Iraq just recently released a bunch of prisoners. Would it honestly have hurt them to trade a living human for a living human instead of now, probably a dead israeli for 100's of dead palestinians? They were asking for the release of children for christs sake, something that even the Humanitarian organizations have been imploring them to do. This is insanity.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Palestinians had 48 hours to find the soldier...They didn't do it (I know they are not to blame)
Now the israelis will search by themself
More simple than that it can't be
Maybe the right thing in the eyes of most of you is to let the palestinians have the soldier and the israelis to have one more Ron Arad but they don't ask you what you think and I think they are right

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow. What a failure for the Hamas government. I'm beginning to think that Israel's been looking for an excuse ever since Hamas were DEMOCRATICALLY installed in power, to topple them. People, this is a classic coup d'etat from an outside government who violently opposes the other and vice-versa. Israel was just waiting for the chance.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Something else, I just scanned the news, CNN, FOX, CNBC, and NOT ONE was showing continuing coverage of the assault. If this were any other nation invading another, it would be on a continuous loop!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawa

Well Iraq just recently released a bunch of prisoners. Would it honestly have hurt them to trade a living human for a living human instead of now, probably a dead israeli for 100's of dead palestinians? They were asking for the release of children for christs sake, something that even the Humanitarian organizations have been imploring them to do. This is insanity.

I know this is biased source but I'm pretty sure the mediators are not supposed to speak to the press,and this site is known for it's internal sources in IDF (actually they posted 3 days before the attack that there will be one at the exact place,and as I got it one of the surviving soldiers did said they recieved an explicit warning the same day)

www.debka.com...

The Palestinian Hamas kidnappers of Israel soldier Gilead Shalit break off contact with foreign diplomatic mediators Tuesday, June 27

Oh and one more thing Mr.Pie
maybe you live in a country that don't have prisons for women and children...Would you mind to enlight me where,because I don't know such an country...Yes the israelis have not the same right as the other people...
But I still remember the pictures of the palestinian boy at the israeli check-point with the bomb belt - 14 years old...a kid..but..he's an victim...I know that too...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can't believe this- there's still hardly nothing on the major news networks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join