It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Beryl?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Looks like that system that has been pumping up all that moisture into the midatlantic region is becoming better organized....

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

SATELLITE AND RADAR INFORMATION CONTINUE TO INDICATE THAT A SMALL
LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM COULD BE FORMING ABOUT 140 MILES SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF CAPE LOOKOUT NORTH CAROLINA. THIS SYSTEM HAS BECOME
BETTER ORGANIZED TODAY... AND POTENTIAL REMAINS FOR IT TO DEVELOP
INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION OR A TROPICAL STORM AT ANY TIME AS THE
SYSTEM MOVES NORTH TO NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT ABOUT 20 MPH. AN AIR
FORCE RESERVE RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT IS ENROUTE TO INVESTIGATE THE
SYSTEM LATER THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON TO DETERMINE IF A CLOSED
CIRCULATION EXISTS AT THE SURFACE. RESIDENTS ALONG THE NORTH
CAROLINA AND VIRGINIA COASTS SHOULD CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM TODAY AS TROPICAL STORM WARNINGS COULD BE REQUIRED.
EVEN IF THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT FORM INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE...
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND
STRONG GUSTY WINDS WILL GRADUALLY SPREAD ONSHORE THE NORTH CAROLINA AND VIRGINIA COASTS TODAY AND TONIGHT. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA... PLEASE CONSULT PRODUCTS ISSUED BY YOUR LOCAL NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wilmington is only a couple of hours from me and I'm a little worried about the rainfall potential from this storm system. We've already had heavy downfalls on and off for 3 days and it just keeps coming...water is standing in low lying areas now and I can only imagine what is to come

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah the creek near my house overflowed. Fortunately it come up to the houses. They did have to close a road though as it overflowed a bridge...

The hurricane hunters have found winds of tropical storm strength so this could be named in a couple hours if not sooner...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Now has this ever happened?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
prolly but now that we got extra water in the ocean, its Extra super storm time.!

thank you Global warming

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticHeart
Now has this ever happened?

Has what ever happened?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A possible tropical depression forming this high up on the coast so early in the season.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
there is no surface level circulation associated with this disturbance, it would need that to become a depression, before it can even be named, also if I'm not mistaken the "center" of this blob has already made it on shore...so it basically ran out of time to be anything other than a disturbance.

Watch the blob near the lesser antilles to have potential to become TD#2 or Beryl.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
this could actually be the first hurrican of this season, if you combine previous images of *possible* tropical storms with this one (beryl)... although it's not a t-s yet, we should definitely watch out! you never know, how such a system could look like in final stages... hopefully it's not going to be a cat-5, like kathrina! but until now, that's just very unlikely...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClimateCrisis
this could actually be the first hurrican of this season, if you combine previous images of *possible* tropical storms with this one (beryl)... although it's not a t-s yet, we should definitely watch out! you never know, how such a system could look like in final stages... hopefully it's not going to be a cat-5, like kathrina! but until now, that's just very unlikely...

It's interacting with land too much and the waters aren't that warm yet so this will just stay a disturbance...
If it had stayed over water a bit more, it could have developed into a T.S. but nothing more.

And yeah storms have developed this far north...
www.pcwp.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Bumping this because there are two areas that may need to be watched the next few days.
One area in the gulf and another just east of the Bahamas.

Right now the upper level winds are too strong for anything to devolop right away...

West atlantic

Gulf

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ok I just have to say . . . who is the idiot at NOAA who thought up the name Beryl? That is the stupidest name I've ever heard

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I know right, Beryl is awfully tacky for a possible hurricaine...howabout
Bertrand or maybe Bubba

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That first tropical wave really benefited the area I live in. We were having a very dry spell and I was getting tired of watering trees in my yard to help them stay alive. We received over 3.5 inches of rain within a few days thanks to the storm system. I believe 2.5 inches fell in the first few hours. I haven't had to water since then. If a storm develops within a few days in the gulf and moves up this way to give some more rain, that's ok with me. I heard my area is 16 inches below normal in rainfall amounts.

As far as the name Beryl goes, I heard the weather service uses names over again if they don't produce a powerful or destructive hurricane. Saying that, I believe there may be more Beryl's in our future. I can't imagine any self respecting storm wanting that name.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I don't see rotation in the sat photo in the first pic? The pics posted later on show some possible disturbance in the caribean/gulf regions. So far this year this is the second massive flooding for new england is it not? I don't live up there but I heard it was bad in late winter?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The first photo is a current one and it doesn't look stormy at all right now. I noticed that as well. Someone bumped this thread due to possible areas they believe a new storm might form.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What if Beryl forms, becomes so huge it cretaes a spot like jupiter's huge hurricane, and circles the earth endlessly? Will we call the spot Beryl forever?

It seems like the calm before the storm, when the upper levels start favoring development i have a feeling things are really going to begin.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just for the record, Invest 91L which this thread originally referred to did not become a tropical storm.

So Beryl is yet to come ....

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Finally...

...RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT DATA INDICATES THAT TROPICAL DEPRESSION
TWO HAS REACHED TROPICAL STORM STATUS...

SHORTLY BEFORE 445 PM CDT...RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT INDICATED
FLIGHT-LEVEL WINDS OF 46-47 KT IN THE SOUTHEASTERN QUADRANT...ALONG
WITH A CENTRAL PRESSURE OF 1007 MB...OR 29.74 INCHES. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS IN CYCLOEN ARE NOW ESTIMATED TO BE AT LEAST 40 MPH
IN THE EASTERN SEMICIRCLE...AND THE SYSTEM IS BEING DESIGNATED
TROPICAL STORM BERYL. THIS NEW STORM STATUS WILL BE REFLECTED IN
NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER GRAPHICS PRODUCTS AND ALSO IN THE NEXT
INTERMEDIATE PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED AT 8 PM EDT.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ok she is here now...

www.weatherstreet.com...

new topics

top topics

join