It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a very interesting site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What do you think of it? Is it just a site which is missinterpreting Bible prophecies or is it correct (so far)?

theprophecies.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's a site that teaches the relatively new doctrine, pretribulation rapture, and that Christ 2nd coming will actually be 3 comings.

The Bible clearly says Jesus Christ, the Messiah, will return twice . . . First, "as a thief in the night" - For those who waited in faith.
Second, "every eye shall see" - With those who waited in faith.

Anyone knowledgable in the Protestant Reformation would know that most, if not all, the prominent reformers believed in a post tribulation 2nd coming, where God's people will endure through the final tribulation on Earth, in order to refine our faith, similar to the way God dealed with the Israelites from thier enslavement from Egypt.

What i find laughable is how they quote half a bible text in order to suit thier purposes....

EXAMPLE : THey say that FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS will be taken away by Jesus like a thief in the night...

BUT... look at its context...

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. (KJV)

Notice it says that the one's that are taken as a thief in the night AREN't the saved, BUT THE LOST. THAT DAY SHALL NOT OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF. How much more clear can it get? I've listen to preachers use 1 Thessalonians 5:2 AND THEN STOP at the end of that verse and teach pretribulation rapture and the people believe it, without even reading the verses for themselves. Of course this is in T.V. and not in an actual church otherwise i would of protested.

Another thing i disagree with is the websites emphasis on the literal nation of Israel.

After Christ death on the cross, there was no more distinction between Jew or Gentile. The bible clearly says in

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

When the Jewish nation was unable to keep thier part of the covenant with God after the stoning of Stephen, God turned to the Gentiles tos pread the Gospel to the world

Acts 13:46 - Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

The emphasis of the website to concentrate on the literal nation of Israel puts away focus on the apple of God's eye, true Christians. And it is that emphasis(among other things) that will cause the world to persecute God's people during the last tribulation.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi 007
What do you think of it? Is it just a site which is missinterpreting Bible prophecies or is it correct (so far)?

theprophecies.com...

From the little I read it seems right.

The analogy of the rapture like a mother pulling a child off the RR tracks was good.

I have another I heard somewhere else.

The church is the "Bride" of Christ. He chose us and "proposed" and we accepted. A man loves his bride and wants the best for her and will protect her, how much more so a perfect God His bride. So if there is no rapture we have a problem.
We are a "bride" betrothed to Him, but before we can be with Him He says, I'm going to let the living daylights be beaten out of you(tribulation period).

Doesn't make sense.

I didn't yet find the part about 3 raptures but what is interesting is I have also felt that, that is what would happen also. I didn't get it from anyone else, just while reading the Bible and of course I feel God told me this as I read these verses.

Luke 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
[37] Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
[38] And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

There is talk of a 2nd watch(rapture) and 3rd watch. So if there is a 2nd watch and a 3rd watch there would have had to have been 1st watch.

This also makes sense to me. There are a group of people who have accepted Christ for real right now. They are taken(1st watch). After this happens there are people who "knew" about Jesus but never accepted what He did for removal of their sin. When the 1st group goes the 2nd group will be shook up and remember alot of what was told to them by their friends of the 1st group. They will then receive Christ as Savior for real. But there is yet a tribulation coming and an antichrist. But God who is rich in mercy toward us, I believe will at some point rapture this 2nd group( my guess is the midpoint of the tribulation period). Before they are raptured they will be witnesses to those who didn't give a hoot about Christ, but are willing to listen now and some accept Him. Then comes the 2nd watch(rapture) for that group, then we have those of the 3rd group of whom some will be beheaded for accepting Christ and not denying Him when faced with the question" deny Christ and accept the mark or remain faithful to Him and be beheaded, which the Bible tells us will happen to some. Obviously some of this 3rd group will have to go underground but will probably survive and they are the 3rd watch(rapture) and my guess is they are raptured toward the end of the tribulation period.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness

What i find laughable is how they quote half a bible text in order to suit thier purposes....

Notice it says that the one's that are taken as a thief in the night AREN't the saved, BUT THE LOST.

Explain more, I'm not getting where you see the lost are the ones taken from those verses?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Notice it says that the one's that are taken as a thief in the night AREN't the saved, BUT THE LOST.

Explain more, I'm not getting where you see the lost are the ones taken from those verses?

I don't know how to get much clearer than this...

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. (KJV)

If you want me to explain it to you then...

Verse 2 : clearly says that Christ 2nd coming is as a thief in the night
Verse 3: Explains why Jesus will come like a thief in the night...
Verse 4-6: Clearly says that Jesus will not come as a thief in the night to the saved.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
After clicking on 'next' from that page, my IE crashed. Don't know if anyone else wants to bother clicking on it.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief

This seems to be saying that the day of judgement won't overtake the faithful, not that there will not be a rapture.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This seems to be saying that the day of judgement won't overtake the faithful, not that there will not be a rapture.

That's what I get out of it, that's why I wanted the poster to give more info as to what he/she is talking about

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. (KJV)

Even before this topic I had thought of this. People find fault with the rapture because that word isn't in the Bible.

But the word that is in the Bible is the word "watch". Many times that is in there concerning what Christians should be doing. It seems to me that that is the word that should be used to signify the event Jesus' coming for the believers.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know where you guys get the idea that i said there is no Rapture considering the "rapture" is synonymous with the 2nd Coming if you believe in a post tribulation rapture.

My argument is that Pre-tribulation rapture preachers teach that the phrase "Jesus will come like a thief in the night" applies to the saved when the bible clearly says that the term applies to the lost, because they will be caught unawares.

new topics

top topics

join