It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible WW3 would be STUPID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I see many "predictions" about World War 3. If there is a WW3 it will not make sense. It will just be stupid. There will be no invasions. If someone invaded America, a couple of neutron bombs, a chemical bomb, will take them out. Satellite and "space war" will be able to control things without the use doing anything. if ships were coming near a country, that country about to be invaded would be able to see that that country is on its way to invade them, and a couple of nukes will take care of that.

When technology gets so advanced, it would just be lame to start a huge war.

The only thing another World War 3 will accomplish is a HUGE amount of civilian deaths in the world. Like 3/4 of the world's population.

The question is: Who will acquire the technology that will be able to shoot down everything?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I see many "predictions" about World War 3. If there is a WW3 it will not make sense. It will just be stupid.

Oh, now, it would not. Sure, people get killed in war, but they also get killed when there's any major storm or big natural geographic event. Anything that causes a disruption. Anything that strays away from the norm. People die all the time.

The only thing another World War 3 will accomplish is a HUGE amount of civilian deaths in the world. Like 3/4 of the world's population.

See there? Now you're thinking positive! Hey, I'd settle for half.

The question is: Who will acquire the technology that will be able to shoot down everything?

What difference does it make? I don't see where some super laser beam would've helped fend off Tim McViegh or those dudes who whammed the WTC. Hey, I can bring a deadly virus into the country on a toothbrush. A lot of good Star Wars and the billions it would cost to build it will do, then.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If someone invaded America, a couple of neutron bombs, a chemical bomb, will take them out.

Since when does the USA have Chemical wepaons?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Israel, of course. Take a look at their air force.
someone is going to have to tell me to do that External Source thingy...

The Israeli Air Force is considered the strongest air force in the Middle East, and one of the best and most sophisticated in the world. Over the past few decades Israel has purchased the most sophisticated American fighters available and installed on them its locally developed and produced avionics and weapons. Perhaps the greatest strength of the IAF is the skill of its pilots. Israeli combat pilots are considered among the best in the world, and hold a large number of shoot-down records. It is rumored that American pilots receive training from their Israeli counterparts as part of their training curriculum. The IAF relies on its Air Intelligence Directorate for intelligence, including analysis of aerial photography. Many of the IAF's electronics and weapons systems are developed and built in Israel by Israeli Military Industries, Israeli Aircraft Industries, Elbit and others.

here's the link : en.wikipedia.org... go to the bottom of the page to read about the "Records and Highlights"

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

someone is going to have to tell me to do that External Source thingy...

Just put [ex] before the article and [/ex] after

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Marto_Bagg]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Double post

join