It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the significance of the hand sign with first & last fingers extended?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I apologize if this has been covered before, but my search didn't turn up a similar thread.

I've seen many images of world leaders holding up a hand with the index and little fingers extended.

In the heavy metal rock and roll world, I believe this is 'devil's horns' and, of course, if you turn it sideways toward your head, it's "call me."

:-)

But what is it supposed to mean in the context of secret societies/NWO?

TIA

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It means

ROCK AND FRIKKIN' ROLL MANNNNNN!

It has no meaning in the world of NWO / Secret Societies. Usually, when Bush is doing it, its a reference to the Texas Longhorns, a football, or some other silly sport, team.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the sign of the bull, the Texas Longhorns.

or the metal head symbol for rock n' roll man.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's also used by the street gang MS-13.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
it dates from the middle ages if not before....it is used to ward off the evil eye and to direct it back to its sender.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
it dates from the middle ages if not before....it is used to ward off the evil eye and to direct it back to its sender.

Yes, that's what I was thinking...

Seems to be corroborated here:
www.exposingsatanism.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ronnie james dio brought the horns to heavy metal from his italian gramma

dio

Bush is a bonesman and a UT fan. No connection.

check out all these satanists !!! OMG !!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It means

ROCK AND FRIKKIN' ROLL MANNNNNN!

It has no meaning in the world of NWO / Secret Societies. Usually, when Bush is doing it, its a reference to the Texas Longhorns, a football, or some other silly sport, team.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Nygdan]

Sorry but i dissagree, it's a satanic salute, read:
www.bushisantichrist.com...
for lots more info. (scroll down exactly half the page)

People dismissing these things lightly are the reason Bush and his associates are litterally getting away with murder for so long.

Cug

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos

Bla it's ROCK -N- ROLL DUDE!!!!!!! or HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!

The only reason the guy is showing the back of his hands is it's easier.. try it yourself. Now raise you had over your head and showing the front of your hand is easier.

People dismissing these things lightly are the reason Bush and his associates are litterally getting away with murder for so long.

It's people running on wild goose chases like this are the people who will miss the real big brother when it arrives. Hell they will probably welcome it because it wont be what they are expecting.

PS Ronnie James Dio ROCKS!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It means, anything you want it to mean.

We used to use it as an addendum to the middle finger salute..It meant B.S.
At least it did to us.

Antelope, Gazelle, Jackrabbit, anything with big ears, or antlers.
OR "that place with the big, and the little tree", "me and my son"
"you and that short guy"

Since the dawn of fingers, It has probably meant something, somewhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ronnie james dio brought the horns to heavy metal from his italian gramma

Bush is a bonesman and a UT fan. No connection.

check out all these satanists !!! OMG !!!!!

Ozzy brought it to rock... Not Dio... We did it at Sabbath Concerts before Dio picked up his first guitar.. Well, at least my father did. I was just a kid with ear plugs!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just a general comment -

That picutre of the Texas Longhorns - (My step-dad is a third genration A@M Graduate - thier rival school - "Gig'em Aggies) strikes fear into my heart for some unexplainable reason...it's not the "hook 'em horns" sign - it's the glazed blank stares.

Truely frightening to grow up in the South with some of those Longhorn fan - and it IS a Buisness School....(sinister!) Oh, the stories I could tell, lol!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yes, I acknowledged its use in rock in my first post, and was hoping for some input from the knowledgeable folks here, since this forum isn't about metal.

Google has been very helpful:

members.aol.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Mr. Bush was born July 6, 1946. If you add up all the digits in his date of birth you get 7+6+1+9+4+6 = 33 = 3+3 = 6.

How anyone can take this website seriously is completely beyond me. Tell you what, if you disregard every other number in a sequence except for the sixes, you can come up with pretty much anything you wanted to. I was born on Aug 6, there is a six in my zip code, and I once successfully downed six screwdrivers before becoming dreadfully ill. Coincidence? Or am I the next antichrist? Let us, for the sake of argument, go with what that website is claiming for a moment; that Bush is the antichrist based on Revelation. If you read that book of the Bible, you will undoubtedly come across a passage claiming that the antichrist will enrapture the world with his charisma and charm. Have you seen Bush's approval rating lately?
Sorry, I didn't mean to get off on a political tangent there. The point of the post was to show the origins of the "horns" symbol, as everyone seems to call it, that is widely used in Rock and Roll. Some claim it began as an American Sign Language symbol for "I love you", only the thumb was also used in conjunction with the index and pinky finger. This is where Gene Simmons claims to have gotten the idea(he likes to take credit for inventing it), but Dio just claims he got it from his grandmother as a way to insult, or meaning "things in darkness"...i.e., the Corna. The point is, if you are looking for the darker implications of the symbol, disregard the rock legends and the sign language parts, and just follow the Cornabrick road.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by No1tovote4

Ozzy brought it to rock... Not Dio... We did it at Sabbath Concerts before Dio picked up his first guitar..

As a lifelong devotee of Black Sabbath, I have to disagree. Ozzy used to throw the peace sign around. And Dio, who is 6 years older than Ozzy, was doing the horns sign as the lead singer of Rainbow back in the '70's, when Ozzy was with Sabbath.

Interestingly, when Black Sabbath fired Ozzy in 1979, Dio had just left Rainbow, and was hired to replace him. Dio sang on two studio Black Sabbath albums: "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" (1980 and 1981), as well as a live double-album, "Live Evil".

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This thread's got me feeling all nostagic now ..... I think the last time I saw Dio live was on the Last in Line tour ......
Oddly enough, was listening to my own compilation of Dio/Black Sabbath tracks on Sunday morning!

Anyway, back on topic, my understanding was that, as well as representing the devil or whatever, the 2 fingered sign was American Sign Language for 'I love you' and that was why world leaders were sometimes seen to use it. Of course that may be wrong and they may just all be RJD fans .......

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That seems to have photos of kids doing 'rock and roll' and bush going 'go longhorns'.

No evidence of it being satanic. What did you consider to be the strongest arguement there for it being satanic? Even that page says that its used by metal heads for 'rock and roll'.

Mr Peel
Google has been very helpful:

members.aol.com...

Seems odd that you already know what its supposed to mean but were asking everyone what it means.

Anyway, what from that page do you find convincing?

Anyway, I do have to agree to a certain extent, but first a qualification. When someone makes that hand sign now, its because of rock and roll.

As for why its in rock and roll, it starts in metal, and metal, back in those days, was all about satan. Not "we worship our dark lord satan' but "We worship *guitar riff* our Dark effing LOOOOOORDDD *clamoring drum ling* SaaaaaaaaaaTaaaanananananannananana! *thrashes head up and down, giant zombie statue comes out from behind the stage* "

Though I am not familiar with it actually being traced to one person, apparently dio? Why did he pick it up, has he ever explained it?

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Nygdan]

Cug

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Though I am not familiar with it actually being traced to one person, apparently dio? Why did he pick it up, has he ever explained it?

I saw an interview with him, and basically he just did it without really thinking about it and it caught on.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
People are going to believe what they want to believe and a lot of them are going to try to persuade others to believe it too.

There are photos of Berlusconi using the hand sign. Please don't waste your time or mine trying to convince me that Burlusconi is a Long Horns supporter too.

There are numerous photos on the web of 'influential world figures' giving the same salute and no -- I don't for one moment suspect they are long horns supporters either.

As a hand sign, it has numerous possible ancient sources. After all, people only have a certain number of fingers and hands and they (including musicians) have used these in a variety of ways to signify a variety of meanings, in the past several hundred thousand years

However, it's passing strange that so many 'world figures' would 'coincidentally' begin raising the same salute, unless it were deliberate and co-ordinated.

What we CAN be sure of is: they WANT us to notice. As in giving someone the bird AFTER you've conned them.

This absurdly childish hand signal is not a 'warning'. It's gloating. Triumph. Whatever it signifies has already occurred. Now they're putting it in our faces.

But the fact remains they look really stupid, holding up their fingers like that.

And they should remember the old saw: ' He who laughs last, laughs best'. I look forward to the day they deliberately poke themselves in the eye (or somewhere a bit lower and to the back) for forgetting that pearl of wisdom.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As for why its in rock and roll, it starts in metal, and metal, back in those days, was all about satan.

Only to those weird church people who would burn records by our favorite bands at public bonfires. After all, KISS didn't really stand for "Knights In Satan's Service", Black Sabbath didn't really name their band after devil worship, Blue Oyster Cult didn't really advocate teen suicide, and Deep Purple didn't really conjure the devil before each show to make sure that Ian hit every vocal note perfectly.

...or, at least, so they would have us believe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join