It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over London?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Watch this video, I'm not sure if it's the real thing but if it's a fake then my hat off for the ones that created it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well looks fake to me, but being in London myself, a ufo of that size, with no other witness's??

I was trying to work out the area, to see if i recognized it, i dont, buts its a pretty busy area, to go unnoticed?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It looks too out of place. It doesn't work well with the rest of the pic, it just looks added in. Plus you would think other people would see that.

Dae

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It looks kinda real the way it comes out from behind the tree but how did the dude filming know it was there? Is there any info about this footage? The way it zooms off in the end looks fake.

The problem in London and other cities, I find that people, including me, tend to watch the pavement or other people when walking about, looking up is rare, a friend taught me to do this to appreciate architecture!

This reminds me of a ufo sighting in London I saw, it was a ball of light orb thingy in a parking lot I remember thinking it looked pretty real, anyone remember it or has the footage?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Personally, I think its fake.
Even IF most people walk with their eyes down in London, i'm sure in the Suburbs others would have looked up, heck its in the field of vision for Drivers too.
No, its definitely a fake, an OK one, I mean at least its clear, but a fake none the less

Originally posted by Dae
This reminds me of a ufo sighting in London I saw, it was a ball of light orb thingy in a parking lot I remember thinking it looked pretty real, anyone remember it or has the footage?

Are you sure it wasn't someones Fog Lights on Full Beam?

Dae

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
Are you sure it wasn't someones Fog Lights on Full Beam?

Pretty sure, there was only one orb, very round floating about then moving off. If I remember right and I saw this years ago on TV no less, the footage was quite clear in that you could see cars and buildings. My memory tells me that it moved around then zipped off, not like headlights at all. I could be completely wrong with what Ive remember, in fact its highly likely, Id love to see that peice of film again!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Fake... As the UFO appears from behind the tree(s), why can't you see it approaching through the branches? It "materializes" beyond the tree branches, doesn't it?

Then there is the issue Dae touched as well. The person is videotaping nothing in particular (a bus stop?), and then suddenly "pans" to the left to exactly where the UFO is about to appear - no indication that he sees the UFO approaches. And if he did, how on earth can he see the UFO approach through those magic branches, and we can't?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Actually I thought that was quite right. You would be amazed how crowded an area could be and no one notice/see. If this is fake it is quite good. The humming of the ship was good and the way it left was right on the money.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
if you look carefully at the sky/clouds you can see it being affected by the editing especially at the end when the ufo has dissapeared.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
looks fake. I could do better then that.
But thats not really what is the point.
A human seems to just know if something is
real or not. Takes a really good fake to fake
people out. That however is not. Just feels
fake...you know what i mean ?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know, it's a compressed video for one thing. It's tough. What do you guys think about the light flashing into the camera?

Troy

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on what CGI can do although I'm not seeing films yet that are so realistic that I have difficulty knowing that what I am seeing is fake or not?

Anyways, I didn't see too much wrong with the video but I won't make many comments on that as I am not an expert.

But what I will comment on is this: what the guy was filming does not have anything to do with a ufo coming into view. I see nothing wrong with somebody making a video diary to send to a friend or relative somewhere else for example... so why the negativity?

Myself I did see a ufo in broad daylight above a city with more than 4 Million people and I was sitting in the middle of a University Campus to boot. I saw it out of the corner of my eyes while just relaxing and looking at nothing on a beautiful summer day. I saw it and watched it move across the sky for at least several minutes..

but there was not one other person about for me to call out to and tell them..

so me having this experience I saw NOTHING in the story of the video that could not have happened. Does that make the video real, no but the so-called CGI experts here better start telling us the following:

HOW DO YOU DO IT THEN? else I gotta wonder what their credibility really is.

Oh and why did I see something and others didn't in a very open and public place where normally at least dozens if not hundreds of people pass by or mill about?

Well that is a question I have thought about for nearly 5 years now and I think I finally figured it out... it was meant only for me to see that's why. There may have been other people there in fact but they were not visible to me for the same reason that I saw the UFO and they couldn't have.

Now choke back on that one.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Even though its compressed it dosnt matter.
There are progams out there to match a CGI animation the grain in the film
that you use to make real life photography. The light flashing in the camera ?
totally looks like that ufo was an animation...the light flashes over everything,
and makes the frame totally white. In real life a strobe dosnt do this, it makes
things bright sure...but it dosnt white out the whole frame. I think this is a total
CGI merged with DV.

PS: You really think that a UFO can be made a personal experience ? Why would they
do that in any sense of logic why ?

[edit on 26-6-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ok well i think it's fake, it doesn't look right at all but i slowed the image down and found something. Images like this are usually made in two layers, the first is your film of an empty place like this street. The second layer is the animation on top of it, in this case the ship. When you blend these together the software you use can sometimes cause artefacts around the edges of the layers. It's a low quality image but i think this counts, and i think there are others but i found this one.

Ok the first image is at two seconds, full screen, the second image is zoomed in with no enhancement, the enhancement wasn't needed. You are looking for the white blob under the craft, i havn't circled it.

The next two images are from three seconds in, a second later than the above images. Notice how the artefact disappeared, it's still there a little but it's darker. I think this is because the software used to fake it is trying to blend it back in. First image is full screen second is zoomed in, again no enhancement. Look at the same spot.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I live in London and looking at that, at first I thought it was kinda real but then I heard the engine of a motorbike (I'm sure) in the distance and thought hold on, if THAT'S really there surely the driver of the bike would have stopped to see it?

Definitely CGI IMO

new topics

top topics

join