It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallucinations and Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Does anyone know why so many people, on numerous accounts claim to see things when on some type of hallucinogenic?

I had a thought because sitting in my room last night under a blacklight and a bit of psytrance playing, I caught a crazy sight and sorta bugged me out. Trying to clear my head, I phased in and out of blurriness for my vision. I was really exhausted from a long long weekend, so I was really drowsey. This drowsiness gave me the ability to focus extremely macro and with the black light emitting, well black light... my pupils were very dialted to absorb as much light so i can see in my room.

Not long do I notice things flying around in my eye. My eye, in theroy, was acting as a powerful microscope to see living bacteria or whatever on the mucous membrane of my eye. Can this be true? Or am I losing it. I kept trying it and everytime it would work. Talked out loud to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Still there. Flying around, stopping, twirling and in rainbow colors too!

The bacteria was actually psychedelic! The light that emits out of the black light must have refracted off the cell wall!

What are your thoughts of being able to do this? Any eye doctors out there? How far out can the human eye 'zoom' out?

If you have a black light try it out. Lay down, do not look directly at the light or a wall with clutter. Preferably a blank, white wall. Relax and try to blur your vision until you can focus on the skin of your eye. Trust me, if you spend time to perfect it and train your eye to stay focused in such a blurry view. You'll see some crazy #.

TRY AND DO THIS! It's meditative too!@ Let me know!

[edit on 26-6-2006 by J3 L U N T]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
To me, this sounds alot like lucid dreaming. Ive (ahh bullhonkey, i forgot the english word... kk ive been doing it alot.) lucid dreaming and ive had plenty experiences that sounds alot like yours.

Both when just lucid dreaming, and on various psychedelics.

You can find alot more about lucid dreaming on wikipedia but basicly its dreaming and beeing countious at the same time.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
hmmm i dont think this is dreaming... im actually awake and seeing this for real. no drugs are involved at all. im just wondering if its what acid does to your eyes to allow you to see these things a lot easier than sober. im really interested in finding out about this. i will try again tonight to gain the same effects.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My guess is that the flashing is causing your eyes to..."bug" out. Does it look similar to when you rub your eyes alot causing those little floaty things?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My guess is that the flashing is causing your eyes to..."bug out". Does it look similar to when you rub your eyes alot causing those little floaty things?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
woops...sorry about that second post there

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A hallucination is actually just a surprise peek at the other side (mixed with this side they = the whole picture but the mind cannot perceive in full as of yet).

A peek through the 'veil' of 'reality.'

They shouldn't be counted as naught--they are stepping stones for some! Not all, but some... We still have to decide to use them to cross the river, though--its always up to you!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
weird... yea not like the rubbing of the eyes. i stayed almost still trying not to blink at all. i just zone out completely and i can focus onto these little things swimming around. its really weird. like i said its like looking through a microscope. i tried it again and they came back... its actually harder now cause im really antsy. it took me like 20 mins to focus in. you just need to be relaxed and not even looking for it. just as long as the muscles in the eye dont try to focus out your all good!

j3

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
ohh ok. I've done a similar thing...but...I don't see little dots. Sometimes of a strobe light is on and I sate at the wall for a while...I can make my whole vision go black and then I can't see the flashing anymore. Not sure if it has any use but....

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That kina feel also happens to me when i look up and stare at a blue sky.
I tend to start seeing things when in tired/in the dark.
I hate driving at night because i tend to see signs as people walking on the egde of the road and i about had a panic attack while caving one time over two hours in and i hallucinated some rocks slipping .... not to fun i can say that much.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
im able to do this sometimes as well. ive never tried it with black light though... i usually can see things like ( well they look like) cells. it looks like hundreds of tiny cells floating around. i can see them split and break apart , they sometimes turn psychedelic colors too.
i have done psychedelic drugs before ( both natural and chemical, man made) i dont know if that has anything to do with it. have you experimented? i think that hallucinegenics open up a part of your mind that usually you dont have..

sometimes i see alot of things that arent there. it goes away but it happens quite often. do you see other things, that shouldnt be there?

im out
-mindtrip02

new topics

top topics

join