It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your own personal submarine for sale now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think this is really neat but a fleet of these sold into the wrong hands would turn ugly. Interesting this quote:

"We have had a lot of enquiries from high profile people in the Middle East -- although as yet none from any celebrities elsewhere," Leeds said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
50 Yards? Thats it? Should we start a poll as to when the first fatality will occur?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of those scams to buy X-Ray glasses or Hypnosis abilities out of the backs of comic books.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
50 Yards? Thats it? Should we start a poll as to when the first fatality will occur?

50 yards sure doesn't equal "deep sea" exploration to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Deep pond exploration possibly?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
Kind of reminds me of those scams to buy X-Ray glasses or Hypnosis abilities out of the backs of comic books.

Damn,,,I remeber that!!!! I forgot all about the hypnosis sams in back of my Secret Wars Comics,,,:lol
remeber secret wars?)

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
oddly enough...

I've already built three subs of my own design. The first snak. The second was lost in a collision with a barge... and the third was stolen (i believe) by the railroad (I use to launch under a rail bridge).

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I once crawled under a log in a lake once. And got caught for a bit...

To make a short story shorter, I have a fear of deep water. 50 yards= Deep Sea.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The price tag is a bit too high for something that can travel only 50 yards deep. $845,000??? That's like three times how much my house is worth!!

The range is too limited to be really much fun. A top speed of 5 knots is too slow compared with what you can do with other boats. The article mentions that it can take three people down, in cramped seats, for three days at a time? Who would want to sit in a cramped seat for three days? And how are you gonna shower??

If you put a bit more horsepower in the engine, it might serve pretty well as a patrol boat, but otherwise, this is just another concept being developed.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Considering that you can spend $1Million on a car these days that is not as exclusive as this thing is, I say it will be a winner. Boats are expensive and they don't go under the water.

Frankly he will find many more customers for this from the commerical sector where the cost of underwater craft is very expensive and there isn't much to choose from. Wonder if they will put out robot manipulative arms for it too?

Yeah I thought about usage by terrorists too because 150 feet deep is quite a way down and not easy to detect without sonar. But it does move slow I think the speed on this thing must be deliverately made slow. Probably militaries and shipping companies don't like the idea of people going around under the water is speedy craft just anywhere.

I'm waiting to hear about the first 'crack-up.'

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here are some Whiskey class subs for sale. A much better deal.

WHISKEY CLASS SUBS FOR SALE

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
GG,

good link, I knew there was subs out there for sale somewhere!

guess that a real sub burns a lot more fuel and is a lot more difficult to pilot and also needs a crew.

Mostly though it is a lot more dangerous LOL!

Is there anyone out there that has one and what are they doing with them?

Does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
now all the rich oil tycoons are gonna have submarines.

new topics

top topics

join