It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla problem or Computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi,
The problem is i think Mozilla firefox..
When im on ATS/BTS....and theres a 'Quick Time' logo, or is it me that is seeing it ,i dont know., anyway,about 6 or more tabs keep on opening up till i press Ctrl,Alt and Delete.....then i end the program, which just :bnghd: upsets me....
Then when i get back on, it will either Freeze my computer or open up more tabs.
Then i cant open anything up because my computer says...''All resourses full''
And if i try to listen to Pod casts, it just keeps opening all 'Quick time' tabs.......

This only happens using Mozilla Firefox....should I Uninstall Mozilla, or what?

At the moment I am using Internett Explorer and it seems fine...not seeing any 'Quick Time' ads .....

Could it be the 'Quick Time' program through Mozilla?
I also tried downloading the missing 'plug ins' of quick time,because it told me?
hmmmmm,
Could it be some virus thing?
Or time for a new computer?
thanks....
helen

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I dont't think it's Firefox per say.

I run the latest version of Firefox on a 2.0Ghz P4 based Dell PC. I have never had any problems whatsoever with Firefox on my machine like what you've described. I'd say run an adware program such as SpyDoctor or Ad-aware and see whats up. You can find alot of really good anti-spyware and anti-adware stuff on Download.com

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sounds like spyware to me too. I run Firefox on a 2.8 dual core machine and have for the past 2 years with no probs.

You can also try disabling quicktime in the startup menu. it does not need to be running in the background anyway unless your working with it. It is just taking up resources.

Click "start"
"run"
type in "msconfig" (without the quotes)

Click the start up tab.

Deselect anything that says QT, or Quicktime.

Reboot

Hope this helps

Semper

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
When you installed the quicktime plugin for Firefox you probably associated all media files with quicktime. If .Mp3 files are associated with quicktime, then podcasts will try to open quicktime to play them. You can uninstall quicktime, reinstall (custom installation if possible) and then make sure that at least .mp3 files are not associated to quicktime. Just an idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thanks all for the replies!
I use Internett Explorer ,no problems there.
I do have ....Spyware Blaster and SpyBot,search and destroy installed..

Hellmutt///

When you installed the quicktime plugin for Firefox you probably associated all media files with quicktime. If .Mp3 files are associated with quicktime, then podcasts will try to open quicktime to play them. You can uninstall quicktime, reinstall (custom installation if possible) and then make sure that at least .mp3 files are not associated to quicktime. Just an idea.

Actually, IE uses quick time, and it's fine, it works no problems.
When I try it with Mozilla, it just keeps opening new windows.....???
lol,
Well, it's not funny, coz i have to alt,cntrl and delete....
...thanks anyway.

I might try and uninstall and see what happens,
Otherwise, i dont mind using Internett Explorer.
Can only use CHAT using IE,
if i try using Mozilla, it shows a broken quick time symbol?
..''Upgrade Flash'' link...when i click on it, it takes me to.....

We are unable to locate a single Web player that best matches your platform and operating system.

Im sure i'll get something doen.
thanks Semp, JamesLime and Hellmutt..

helen

top topics

join