It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern humans came from Africa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Is it possible that all modern humans originated in Africa? If what this is stating is correct,then its true......everyone has a little soul in em after all

Seriously though,this is interesting,heres the link.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mitochondrial Eve is sometimes referred to as African Eve, an ancestor who has been hypothesized on the grounds of fossil as well as DNA evidence. According to the most common interpretation of the mitochondrial DNA data, the titles belong to the same hypothetical woman. Family trees (or "phylogenies") constructed on the basis of mitochondrial DNA comparisons show that the living humans whose mitochondrial lineages branched earliest from the tree are indigenous Africans, whereas the lineages of indigenous peoples on other continents all branch off from African lines. Researchers therefore reason that all living humans descend from Africans, some of whom migrated out of Africa to populate the rest of the world. If the mitochondrial analysis is correct, then because mitochondrial Eve represents the root of the mitochondrial family tree, she must have predated the exodus and lived in Africa. Therefore many researchers take the mitochondrial evidence as support for the "single-origin" or Out-of-Africa model.

This also coincides with the bottleneck theory

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-6-2006 by spanishcaravan]
mod edit, spelling/grammar

[edit on 25-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Read about this before, seems right.

Read more about it here:
www.talkorigins.org...

Here's a quite interesting part for you:

The existence of the Mitochondrial Eve is NOT a theory; it is a mathematical fact (unless something like a multiple-origins theory of human evolution i.e. the human species arose independently in different geographically separated populations, and that the present-day ease of interbreeding is the result of a remarkable convergent evolution, is true. Few people subscribe to the multiple-origins theory, and the Mitochondrial Eve observation is a refutation of multiple-origins).

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the link,provides a more detailed explanation,i appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As I recall, the Mitochondrial Eve theory is not a mathematical fact. Or maybe it is but the timeline is off, I forget.

Anyway, some of the research originally published was later shown to be in error.

Harte

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
yes becuase i just saw a national geographic show about adam and eve and they said everyone in the world has the same genitic mutation in their DNA that came from one man in africa so there

[edit on 8-7-2006 by dabomb]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
it's most definately true. or at least, the best theory we have at the moment. human-like creatures sprang up and developed in several different regions, but our most direct ancestors almost certainly came out of africa.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
it's most definately true. or at least, the best theory we have at the moment. human-like creatures sprang up and developed in several different regions, but our most direct ancestors almost certainly came out of africa.

All primates, including humans, came from Africa.

The real question, IMO, is how is it possible that H. Erectus in Asia became extinct, and H. Neanderthalsis became extinct in Europe and H. Floresensis became extinct in Southeast Asia.

That is what really drives me crazy!

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Rev Paine]

top topics

join