It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinan life $1 and Jewish life $2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The palestinians care about their people just as much as Olmert cares about his. The part I agree totally is that Hamas is bent upon the destruction of Israel. From his point of view his people are more important (at least from this incident).
In reference to My leaving my family to stop pillagers - I personally would make sure my family is armed first (which they are), and then go and help ANY of my neighbors defend themselves. That's called being humane and civilized in my book.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Is it some kind of secret that Jews see their lives as being more valuable than Arabs? I thought this was evidenced by the talmud itself.

Not to mention the idiotic American preachers like John Hagee. Here's a recent article:

'End Times' Religious Groups Want Apocalypse Soon

"In Christian theology, the first thing that happens when Christ returns to Earth is the judgment of nations," said Hagee, who wears a Jewish prayer shawl when he ministers. "It will have one criterion: How did you treat the Jewish people? Anyone who understands that will want to be on the right side of that question. Those who are anti-Semitic will go to eternal damnation."

What irritates me, is how many Americans are really just of a low intellectual level. The Judeo/Christian/Abrahamic pulse gets into their blood and they become totally unable to reason.

How can you blame Israelites for being racist and their own ideaology when they've got 40% of the citizens of the largest and most powerful country thinking they are a holy and chosen race of people? The Americans who listen to preachers like the above are conditioned to see the Jews as special and chosen. That's a crock, IMO. Racism is racism folks.

This whole situation could be solved so easily if not for the very careful planning and wall-building (both real and figurative) which is designed to PREVENT PEACE and to cause hostility. Really now, do you all think Sharon pulled out because he wanted peace? More like he wanted to secure what gains they'd already gotten.

Oh well. Maybe if Armageddon gets going real good, Jesus and the Mahdi can duke it out on PPV. I'd plunk down upwards of 60 bucks to see that fight.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
How odd that right now on G4 you can watch the Star Trek episode "Let This be Your Last Battlefield" in which two races, so clearly co-related and from the same bloodline, hate each other beyond all reason.

Here's a pic, with text added by me:

www.startrek.com...

The U.S.S. Enterprise intercepts a stolen Federation shuttlecraft which contains a humanoid named Lokai. Taken aboard the ship, Lokai tells the crew he is from the planet Cheron, and asks for asylum on the U.S.S. Enterprise. His most distinctive feature is that he is half black and half white, starkly separated down the middle of his body.

The U.S.S. Enterprise tracks another vessel, pursuing at great speed. The ship's only passenger beams on board and is discovers to be another humanoid from Cheron. The difference in this man, Bele, is that his black and white skin is reversed from Lokai's. Bele claims to be Cheron's chief officer sent out to bring in political traitors, and has been pursuing Lokai. The more the two men are aboard the starship, the more Kirk realizes that the basic problem between them and their entire race, apparently is their opposite color.

Interesting that Roddenberry used the name "Cheron" pronounced just like "Sharon".

I won't ruin the ending, but it's not fun for any members of either race.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

West Bank settler suspected of smuggling sniper rifles from U.S.

By Amos Harel, Jonathan Lis and Tomer Levy, Haaretz Correspondents

Last Update: 21/06/2006 20:33
A resident of the West Bank settlement of Tapuah was indicted Wednesday for allegedly smuggling sniper rifles from the United States.

Jeffrey Emanuel Seth, 39, was charged with illegally importing and possessing weapons, ammunition, and additional equipment from the U.S.

Police suspect he intended to use the weapons to attack Palestinians, a police spokesman said.

At an earlier hearing on the extension of his remand, Seth said that he was a hunter and that the thought of "hunting Arabs" crossed his mind every time he saw a suicide bombing. The indictment does not include charges relating to plans to use the weapons that were smuggled.

Two other individuals detained in the case were released earlier this week

Source

Had this been a Palestinian he'd be in jail for life or maybe even dead. I am curious to see what this "Arab Hunter" gets IF he gets anything at all..possibly a military decoration. I was actually looking for an article posted early this morning about israeli settlers bombing a palestinians car but magically it no longer appears on the site. I guess since many americans read that site it doesn't look good for them when there is too much anti-arab/muslim sentiment showing. I keep seeing people use the term "The Destruction of Israel" , well just because the Palestinians were dumb enough to put it in print does not necessarily mean that this is not the intentions of The Israeli government towards the palestinians. Please don't assume that everyone is blind enough not to see that Israel is absolutely intent on wiping these people out as much as the Palestinians would like to do to them. Maybe pre-internet times when Israel controlled the media outlets the "Bent on the Destruction of Israel" card was easily played. Its openly obvious Israel wishes the same upon the Palestinians.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Moving Over to Global Politics, please continue your discussion there.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
In reference to My leaving my family to stop pillagers - I personally would make sure my family is armed first (which they are), and then go and help ANY of my neighbors defend themselves. That's called being humane and civilized in my book.

So....Your family is more important (you'd take care of them first) than your neighbors? This is my point---and the point of the Israeli Prime Minister.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Please note that i said my family is already armed. We stay that way. Call it a constutional right to keep and bear arms. I do not imply that my family is more important. I will state it - they are. However I would honestly help anyone that needed it irregardless of their nationality.
The fact of the entire thread was who was more important. You cannot condemn a PM because he stated that his people were more important, to him they are. The same goes for the Palestinians and their opinion that their people are more important to them. That my friend is human nature to think of your own over someone else. That is called life and concern.
I still say that to condemn someone because he or she is more important over another is not to intelligent. Having been in combat zones since I was 18 till 2 years ago I have always been more concerned with the lives of my troops over the enemy in battle. I spent 34 years active duty so I guess I have a little experience with preferential interest in my troops over the enemy, whoever that might be. Human nature is funny. Do you care about your family over your neighbor? yes you do, that is human nature.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
How odd that right now on G4 you can watch the Star Trek episode "Let This be Your Last Battlefield" in which two races, so clearly co-related and from the same bloodline, hate each other beyond all reason.

Everything I needed to know I learned from star trek.

I wonder if roodenberrywas thinking of Sharon when he made that character, certainly buts another twist on it, he definitly and clearly used the nations in the show to tell allegories about the modern world.

As far as teh palestinians and yehudis being related, there was, not too long ago, a genetics paper published that demonstrated the close relationships between those two peopels, to the exclusion of european jews and other arabs. THere was an uproar, and the editors of the scientific journal retracted it, and even went so far as to mail the libraries that had subscriptions to cut the article out.

(having said that, I haven't seen the article, and its of course possible that it was flawed, but thats pretty unprecedented)

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I wonder if roodenberrywas thinking of Sharon when he made that character, certainly buts another twist on it, he definitly and clearly used the nations in the show to tell allegories about the modern world.

Yes quite. Another episode I like is the one where the people of a certain war decided to do away with war but simply "liquidate" a certain number of their people based on simulated battles. If the computer said that according to the battle simulation a million people died, they'd simply step into the chamber and *poof*. ...Much easier then actually conducting the battles.

As far as teh palestinians and yehudis being related, there was, not too long ago, a genetics paper published that demonstrated the close relationships between those two peopels, to the exclusion of european jews and other arabs. THere was an uproar, and the editors of the scientific journal retracted it, and even went so far as to mail the libraries that had subscriptions to cut the article out.

(having said that, I haven't seen the article, and its of course possible that it was flawed, but thats pretty unprecedented)

Interesting Nygdan. Where did the uproar come from?

My opinion is that they probably share a genetic genus of some kind, but more importantly, they both serve the same God. It's hilarious really. Neither side will allow the world to worship any other Gods, but they cannot agree on how their God should be worshipped.

And yes, it is appropriate to mention God because religion is behind all politics, even in atheist countries. This question of how to worship the God of the Jews, Islamists and Christians, will never be settled without supra-terrestrial aid or a complete mental change in the believers. Hang on, this ride could get a bit bumpy.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
I say every single human is priceless.

What do you think?

OK. So a gang of armed thieves are pillaging your neighborhood; going house to house and terrorizing families to give up their valuables. Since every human is priceless, I guess you would grab your gun and go out to help defend your neighbors; leaving your family defenseless; RIGHT? BTW: It's in the Palestinian (Hamas) charter to destroy the state of Israel.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

I think that analogy made no sense. You cannot compare the lives of others with the ones you love or hold dear. However if you were a head of a state, or a law enforcer or have a duty to protect the general population then helping them might take precedence.

Do not give me bull# about the palestinian charter. Hamas won the elections democratically and even were willing to negotiate but what did Israel and the US do? They imposed sanctions on them. Israel does not want peace.

This is a war and lives lost on both sides are the same, however I tend to personally beleive the lives lost of the victims is a greater tragedy than those of the oppressors becasue they didn't ask for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Look, I understand that criminals and terrorists must be punished whoever they are.

But you can't say that life the innocent people on our side is worth more than life of the innocent people on the enemy side.

That would not be morally right.

Innocents are innocents whoever they are.

They are equally valuable.

so, if one innocent Brazilian is worth, say 2.3 trillion dollors, then one British innocent person is also worth 2.3 trillion dollars.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
But you can't say that life the innocent people on our side is worth more than life of the innocent people on the enemy side.

Umm, yes you can. And, moreso, if you are the elected government of a people, you'd damn well better value your own people's lives more than others.

That would not be morally right.

Irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccidentallyOnPurpose
Do not give me bull# about the palestinian charter. Hamas won the elections democratically and even were willing to negotiate but what did Israel and the US do? They imposed sanctions on them. Israel does not want peace.

Where RU coming from exactly? Israel gave the Gaza Strip to the Palestinians; removing their own settlers, often in bloodshed. The Palestinians responded by saying it was relentless attacks upon Israel that caused Israel to give up Gaza and continued more attacks AFTER GAZA was given to them. It is the Palestininans who don't want peace as it is in their charter to DESTROY ISRAEL!! Get a clue!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Im worth like a bagillion dollars, I don't know about you

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeblack42
Im worth like a bagillion dollars, I don't know about you

Maybe; but I'd sacrifice you for the benefit of friends, neighbors, their dogs, and, of course, my own family members. You'd better be ready to defend you own bagillion a$$!!

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join