It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand those damn redneck comedians on Comedy Central!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What is it with these guys? And what is with the following they have? After about 5 minutes it gets pretty old doesn't it? I mean, I do enjoy goofing on rednecks (no offense meant if there are any rednecks on here)....but enough already. Those guys need to get a new act and maybe return those plaid flannel shirts to the Salvation Army!
:shk:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You're not alone!

I can't stand them either. I don't know what it is. I don't think it's because they're 'rednecks', because as my husband says, "You don't have to scratch me too deep to get to the white trash."

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They have their place in comedy just like Richard Pryor/Eddie Murphy did on the raunchier end of it, or Dennis Miller being more cerebral with his comedy.

I watch some of it and turn the channel when I tire of it.

JDub

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They have their place in comedy just like Richard Pryor/Eddie Murphy did on the raunchier end of it, or Dennis Miller being more cerebral with his comedy.

No they don't. And no comparison to Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You miss my point.

Just like music is made up of Jazz, Country, Rock, Hard Rock, etc, comedy is made up of sub-types of humor. Brent Leek (clean, corporate), Margaret Cho (controversial lifestyle), Robin Williams (animated sillyness), Dana Carvey (impersonations), etc.

It wasn't a comparison between Ron White and Richard Pryor as to their styles and content, it was an inclusion of different aspects of comedy. I personally like Dennis Leary but the rest of my family can't stand listening to him. It doesn't make him a bad comedian, he is just from a different genre.

JDub

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I agree with BlueTileSpook.

Different genres of comedy appeal to different kinds of people. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad to everyone. It has it's place for it's fans.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"You might be a redneck if...

...you can't stand those damn redneck comedians on Comedy Central."

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
rednecks can be alot more funny then americans trust me i watch alot of comedy central...

[edit on 25-6-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
rednecks can be alot more funny then americans trust me i watch alot of comedy central...

What's the difference between a redneck and an american?

If you don't like the "Blue Collar Commedy Tour" as I assume they're still called....I can't stand watching TV, so may it's changed, I dunno....then try listening to Larry's and Ron White's pre-redneck stand-up....

They kind of all took on a group-persona molded from Foxworthy's material - It's great the first or second time you listen to it, but I agree....it gets old after a while...

They play a lot of their older stuff on Sirius Raw Dog though - That station keeps me in stitches all day....

Want a break from the redneck comedy though, I suggest checking out:

Jim Gaffigan
Mitch Fatel
Sam Kinison - I know the man's dead, but I can't list of my suggestions without including him...
Mitch Hedgberg - Hmm...Yeah - Okay, so he's dead too - Rough business, comedy

Judy Gold

I could go on and on....Point is - Who cares what the hell some TV or radio station is playing - Who has the remote in their hands? You! Change the channel or put something in worth listening to if you don't like what they're playing....

[edit on 6/26/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

I could go on and on....Point is - Who cares what the hell some TV or radio station is playing - Who has the remote in their hands? You! Change the channel or put something in worth listening to if you don't like what they're playing....

[edit on 6/26/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

That's exactly right! If you don't like something don't watch it. If you don't like something and complain about it, you just create an interest, and more people end up watching it anyway!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I agree with the majority here. It's a genre of comedy, some like it and some hate it.
I actually like it, most of the time when the comedian is telling a story it brings up the memory of someone I know. LOL
Yep, I'm a redneck.....

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
larry the cable guy is the funniest of them all.just his voice alone can make me laugh...and his jokes aren't always about other ppl like when he is on leno or something he'll crack a few about himself and its hilarious..

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

larry the cable guy is the funniest of them all.just his voice alone can make me laugh...and his jokes aren't always about other ppl like when he is on leno or something he'll crack a few about himself and its hilarious..

He is horrible as are all the rest. They suck!

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd say they suck just as much as Carlos Mencia... IF THATS IS HIS REAL NAME!!!!!

/solorant

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

He is horrible as are all the rest. They suck!

Then don't watch them or comment on them and they'll go away. Aparently you're in the minority because I heard that Larry the Cable Guy has sold over $7 million dollars worth of merchandice in just convience stores alone.:w:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'd say they suck just as much as Carlos Mencia...

Really....and has anyone check his papers? HA HA....I made a joke....what with the Mexican border thing being so contraversial these days...to take our minds off of the REAL problems in the world!!

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He claims to be from mexico on his crapola show, but he is honduran and rasied in LA not that it should matter but wait he's frontin' as a mexican american... snaps.

his name is Ned Holness.

haha.

haha

haha

haha

switched to his mothers last name, but

hey

WHO
AM
I
Judge?

I'd pull a vanilla ice if you waived enough cash in my face(hell yeah i entered this country illegally hur hur hur give me teh laffs kthx), just like mr holness has done.

gawd i'm an ass hahaha

but man his catch phrases are what?

dee-dee-deeee, beaner and wetback?

totally weak imo

just as stale as blue comedy crap if not more, only show i ever find myself watchin' from Comedy Central is south park, and I just download the episodes off the net.

Also if I do watch tv, I dont watch the commercials, cause stealin' is kew.

14:59 yet? I 'm ready to be told what the new cool thing is.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Joke? You made a joke? You call that a joke? That's not a joke.
Now I have to watch the show. Just because of your intolerance,
I have to watch the show. And I have nothing against rednecks,
and neither does my wife, and my sister. (Sorry, they're the
same person).

Reminds me of that day in school when the teacher said : "Bubba, I
want you to spell this word for me and then use it in a sentence, okay?"
"Your word is INDICATOR."

INDICATOR, I-N-D-I-C-A-T-O-R, INDICATOR !

My sister lives way up in Decator !

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
carlos ROX too man.. that dood is str8 up hilarious, coz what he says is so true...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, If I could sleep till noon, crawl out of bed and goof off the rest of the day, then put on a flannel shirt and go on stage for an hour or so and make people laugh and get paid millions of bucks for doing it.

I'd be a redneck comedian in a heartbeat.

wupy

new topics

top topics

join