It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prayers to God come true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
For some reason when I pray to god or Jesus on something I need help on thats really buging me or when I really really pray hard I get what I want. Now Im not bragging, I dont feel like he favors me but I do wonder how come I always get it happen the way I want to. Now I pray with reason. I pray for stuff like to make the centipede in my room to go away for I can sleep b/c I dont want it to bite me. And other stuff, personal stuff that I dont want to talk about. When I pray I show God I truley want this and it is right to have this what I want. And it always happens. So

I think God only gives you what is right for you, what you need, things that can help you and other people. He must be strongly in to me b/c I see him everywhere. Not visibly all the time.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Have you ever received Christ as Savior?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes indeed I have at the Catherdal I went to.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I think God only gives you what is right for you, what you need, things that can help you and other people.

That might be true if there was a God, but there's no real good evidence to prove that. What you're doing is probably asking for something reasonable, and likely to happen, anyway. That's my guess.

Anyway, I often pray to get lucky with hot chicks, but it never happens. Now, is that God's fault, or mine?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

I think God only gives you what is right for you, what you need, things that can help you and other people.

That might be true if there was a God, but there's no real good evidence to prove that. What you're doing is probably asking for something reasonable, and likely to happen, anyway. That's my guess.

Anyway, I often pray to get lucky with hot chicks, but it never happens. Now, is that God's fault, or mine?

Well when I mean reasonable I dont mean that kind of stuff I mean things that you really need. But other things that I have prayed for are very unlikely to happen but Im not going to talk about it. Also I get alot of signs from God, I only asked for it once but I get them all the time. But it makes me think of all the stuff I am telling you and other stuff that I havent, why does God do these things to me? No I dont believe he favors me over everyone else but how come everytime I pray to him starting from 2003 it has all come true? Now I dont ask for things alot but what your asking him for is the wrong thing. Ask him how do I get with hot chicks and then you might get an answer. Never give up! Some people dont believe in God b/c their prayers never get answered but they do sometimes, they just have to open their eyes for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So, what you seem to be saying is, you pray for stuff a lot, and sometimes it comes true.

Doesn't seem to indicate much.

Why not pray for something, as a test of god?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So, what you seem to be saying is, you pray for stuff a lot, and sometimes it comes true.

Doesn't seem to indicate much.

Why not pray for something, as a test of god?

You got it all wrong, not to be rude though. I cant explain how, its too complicated. So far no ones got it right. Things that I pray for are not like what everyone else does. And no one can come back and say Im wrong b/c they dont understand. You need to sit down and think and know whats good and what God can give you. I know just that so thats why my prayers, not just the ones I told you always come true.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

My mistake, those things see likely to happen but other things I have prayed for are very much NOT likely to happen. I guess if I tell you those things you will know but their personal so no one should be nosey and ask b/c God wants prayers to be personal the way I learned.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So.. you just come here and say "Hey, my prayers ALL come true, but i really dont wanna give you any examples"?

Currently in another thread, someone talks about his girlfriends terrible death, and how he has lost faith because of it, because god didnt help.

But apperently god isent too busy to keep centipides out of your room, but he sure as hell dont have for time for saving lifes.

Some god huh?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
So.. you just come here and say "Hey, my prayers ALL come true, but i really dont wanna give you any examples"?

Currently in another thread, someone talks about his girlfriends terrible death, and how he has lost faith because of it, because god didnt help.

But apperently god isent too busy to keep centipides out of your room, but he sure as hell dont have for time for saving lifes.

Some god huh?

If I tell you what other stuff I have prayed for you will believe me but I dont ask for much, and only the ones recently after I have been in the cathedral they have come true. But I know there will always be people who might try to say Im wrong or say its not true but for some reasons they come true.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. For the past 8 or so months, I've been praying every day and I realised He does not give me what I want, He gives me what I need to become a better person. Pray for something that will strengthen your faith and connection with Him, etc, rather than materialistic things. In the end, you're going to die, all of your posessions will be worthless to you, your soul will ALWAYS be the most precious thing you will have, make sure you don't waste it.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If I tell you what other stuff I have prayed for you will believe me but I dont ask for much, and only the ones recently after I have been in the cathedral they have come true. But I know there will always be people who might try to say Im wrong or say its not true but for some reasons they come true.

Well tell us then! because I dont believe you.

G

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I know exactly what you mean. For the past 8 or so months, I've been praying every day and I realised He does not give me what I want, He gives me what I need to become a better person. Pray for something that will strengthen your faith and connection with Him, etc, rather than materialistic things. In the end, you're going to die, all of your posessions will be worthless to you, your soul will ALWAYS be the most precious thing you will have, make sure you don't waste it.

[edit on 24-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

Becoming a better person, THATS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. But I havent worded it in that way.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I dont care if you dont believe me but I aint tellin!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I dont care if you dont believe me but I aint tellin!

Didnt you just tell?

Becoming a better person, THATS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. But I havent worded it in that way.

So you ask your god to be a better person? A better person how? Do you just ask; "Hey god... make me better omg lol plz", and then you wake up feeling better? Feeling your such a great person today..

Have you ever heard of the placebo effect?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
so you're not going to tell us anything.

great.

why did you make this thread?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Oh I did it just for fun. No lies here on this thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Fun? hmm how about for points maybe?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
Fun? hmm how about for points maybe?

Still Im not lying, everyone has their own personal stuff they dont want to share. Theres other ways I can make points than just this topic.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What a great thread.

Watch out for my next thread named "I know to get rich in 2 secs"... but i wont tell ya.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join