It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate homosexuals or even care about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Every so often, I come across a thread that has to deal with homosecuality. It dumbfounds me to consider that there are people who actually hate others on the basis of what others do in the privacy in their own bedrooms. What motivates such feelings? How do the actions of two consenting adults -- other than yourself -- affect you?

For myself, I couldn't care less what two consenting do together. I couldn't care less what a homosexual does with a consenting partner in the privacy of their bedroom. How could it? As long as people respect each other -- regardless of their sexual attraction -- I am happy.

I can understand that some people find homosexuality objectionable on some religious basis but I have to say that such people must keep these feelings to themselves. After all, if one does consider homosexuality a "sin", isn't judgement and punishment for the "sin" of homosexuality God's exclusive domain. After all, Jesus clearly stated that only those without "sin" can cast the first stone. That is to say, leave the judgement and punishment of others to God. People should simply worry about their own actions, their own thoughts and leave the judgement of others to God.

That said, I still wonder why people find it necessary to "play God" and to negatively judge others even the actions of others don't affect them at all!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, i am not homophobic, but whether its a man and woman couple in front of me snogging their faces off, or two guys doing the same, its not nice, i hate it when people push things in our faces, whatever it be.

So to answer your question, its not that i hate gays in anyway, i just don't like it being pushed in my face, if you understand that?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Every so often, I come across a thread that has to deal with homosecuality. It dumbfounds me to consider that there are people who actually hate others on the basis of what others do in the privacy in their own bedrooms. What motivates such feelings? How do the actions of two consenting adults -- other than yourself -- affect you?

I don’t think that what they do in privacy is what has folks up at arms. It’s what they do in public. The “Gay Agenda” to push homosexuality into schools for instance, angers many. I’ve heard people say they had to start explaining what homosexuality is to their first or second graders. They wanted to wait until their child asked about sex on their own before they explained “the birds and bees.” But when a child starts asking questions about homosexuality, it’s difficult for parents to explain without referring to sex.

I can understand that some people find homosexuality objectionable on some religious basis but I have to say that such people must keep these feelings to themselves. After all, if one does consider homosexuality a "sin", isn't judgement and punishment for the "sin" of homosexuality God's exclusive domain. After all, Jesus clearly stated that only those without "sin" can cast the first stone. That is to say, leave the judgement and punishment of others to God. People should simply worry about their own actions, their own thoughts and leave the judgement of others to God.

I think that folks have a right to say whether or not they find homosexuality objectionable. IMHO it doesn’t affect me. I really don’t care. But if I did object, I guarantee that I would not “keep it to myself” if asked. That’s what free speech is all about.

I agree with the judgment part though.

That said, I still wonder why people find it necessary to "play God" and to negatively judge others even the actions of others don't affect them at all!

But the gay agenda does affect others. If it didn’t we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh, you know people are generally stupid. They seem to care the most about things that are pretty much undefensible, like their dopey unfounded beliefs, taught to them by their parents or teachers or preachers, who are only skilled at combining meaningless words in different combinations so they appear to make sense. Little kids are like sponges, constantly absorbing attitudes and opinions from the people around them, and unfortunately since most people are ridiculous, ignorant fools, little kids will tend to become ignorant fools, themselves, and grow up to repeat the cycle. You know, this world would be pretty nice if it wasn't for all the stupid people who take their personal beliefs and use them to motivate themselves to gain social and political power over others. It would probably be a lot cleaner, too. A lot fewer cigarette butts lying in the gutters. And what about those people who spit for no reason, dropping some big chunk of goo on the sidewalk? What's up with that? I guess the world isn't filthy enough for them. I guess they think the rules of polite society don't apply to them. As for homosexuals, at least they're not out there reproducing, creating more little snotty kids who are going to grow up and be big, stupid, filthy animals, just like their thick, ugly parents. On the other hand, those gays are no better. Just greasy, horny animals who slobber all over each other and their private parts. To hell with everybody.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Calm down.....

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think most of the "hate" is actually just fear of the unknown or unfamiliar.

I personally could care less about homosexuals. What consenting adults do in the privacy of their own demense is their own business. I think gays should be afforded the same rights as everyone else.

However, you'll never find me in a gay pride parade, or if I had a gay child you wouldn't see my car with a bumper sticker that says "I love my gay son", nor will you find me at a bar watching a drag queen contest or watching an episode of Will & Grace... Why? Because I simply have no interest in gay culture.

I'll even go a step further in blunt honesty. I find myself a bit repulsed at the sight of two men making out. Frankly, the sight to me is a bit unsettling. It doesn't mean I think any less of the two, or that they are any less valuable of a human being than myself, but rather I'd just assume never see it.

That said, I've got one best friend who's gay, another who is an MTF post-op, so obviously we're capable of getting along just fine in the world and hanging out as friends without imposing our lifestyles upon each other.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree with Libra. I honestly do not not care what people want to do in their own homes. Or even outdoors, so long as they are not disturbing people's daily lives.

But I really do not care about gay culture, gay pride, or gay anything. I dont think it should be taught to little kids at all in school. If it is taught in school, it should be part of the sex education course they usually recieve as teens and given in a neutral manner.

The people who hate gays and want them to drop off the face of the earth are usually people who cant sleep at night knowing others might be happy or having a good time.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The people who hate gays and want them to drop off the face of the earth are usually people who cant sleep at night knowing others might be happy or having a good time.

Yeah, I think there's probably actually very few people who "hate" anyone else... It's just another one of those things where the worst cases are able to commit terrible acts because of the apathy or repulsion of those who never would. For instance, I could easily see in backwoods Texas where there might be only one or two people in an entire town that would go so far as to do a pickup-truck keel-hauling for some disliked minority, but where the majority of the town would pretend it never happened.

One thing though I feel is important to note. People need to be allowed to hate. Commiting violent or destructive acts against your fellow humans must be punished by law, of course, but there's nothing truly wrong with hating. I could happily live the rest of my life hated by everyone except my closest friends and family, so long as those that hated me never actually did anything to impede my life or rights.

I think a lot of Americans have forgotten that part of Freedom of Speech is that we are allowed to have a Freedom of Opinion. After all, like they said in Avenue Q, "Everyone's a little bit racist, sometimes." (funny song, go look up the lyrics).

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I'll even go a step further in blunt honesty. I find myself a bit repulsed at the sight of two men making out. Frankly, the sight to me is a bit unsettling.

Of course! We human beings are still animals, after all. And we still have a lot of instincts that boil around beneath our rational surfaces. One of those instincts is a taboo against incest, and another is an aversion to homosexuality. It has to do with the constant drive to successfully mate, which you can imagine could become problematic in a homosexual pairing, if not downright impossible. I mention incest, because people are apparently pre-programed to select mates who are similar in appearance, but not TOO similar, because that can lead to in-breeding and genetic abnormalities. The instinct against homosexuality is likely a variation of the incest instinct, where members of your same gender are intrinsically too similar to seek an appropriate breeding pair bond with.

So we have our natural, animal instincts which are in conflict with the idealized laws and ways of society. I guess the best way to deal with it is to recognize the instinct and where it's coming from so it can be dealt with objectively, without a lot of confusion emotion involved.

:bash:

top topics

join