It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nacho Libre - Not Your Freedom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I know this is kind of a far fetched conspiracy, but I just had to bring it up. Anyone see any of the Nacho Libre commercials on TV? The voice over that talks on the commercials is forced to say the name "Nacho Libre" more than on time, and at one point he says it slow and with anger, because some other voice over on the commercial was pretending to be hard of hearing. It made me really think about the title of the movie.

Here in California we are no doubt having problems with immigration from Mexico. Some reason the title of the movie seemed like a type of subliminal message.

Nacho, is a part of many jokes, meaning "Not Yo", or "Not Your", in a type of ebonic way.

Also Libre, in Spanish means "Its free". Also is like a shorter way of saying "Liberty", which means freedom.

Having the title say Not Your Liberty, or Not Your Freedom. And having the story be of a Mexican man who is struggling in Mexico to feed his family, because he cant afford real food, is kind of a subliminal message of an anti-mexican immigration type of meaning..

What do you think?

Nacho Cheese joke: www.funnyhumor.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
all i can say is that Nacho Libre most have been one of the WORST movies I have EVER seen. It put me 2 sleep more then once.

Falcon out...

new topics

join