It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pyramid fixations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Intrigued? Well I certainly am by these things. Speaking from my own words, these structures are really the greatest architectual achievement of mankind known on this planet. How ever it is arguable. I never been to Egypt, but everytime I read about them or think about them I have this erie balance fixation. I arrange desks items in my room in a fashion similar to that of an egyptian of long ago once may have. Of course we didn't have desks and computers back then, or did we. It just makes me wonder and realize about the harmony/unity of nature in general. The way people interact with each other. The value money system(Karl Marx). What knowledge did the egyptians actually posses? Yet a bigger question, did some form of mankind emerge from those times?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A pyramid is the strongest structure we know, isn't it? I can't think of what would work better in supporting it's own weight in whatever size is needed.

Because the taller, then the bigger the square base. And it would seem that a natural line would be the one to follow, to the top.

Of course, even the Egyptians had to perfect their architecture, as exampled by Djozer's step pyramid!

But they have been standing a long long time at Giza. The last of the 7 ancient wonders by a long shot! I don't think it was their size or location--the others were just as massive and earthquakes are not a rare thing in that area. The hanging gardens excluded, I just don't know why the pyramids have endured so long past the others.

Their knowledge must surely be something integral the essence of this planet--their culture and history, in general, has endured intact from it's start, it seems. We wouldn't have any where near the perspective on ancient history if not for their dynastic obsession and their idea of post mortem diefication of Pharoahs--all down the line! Even after losing their throne to the Hyskos they actually took it back! That is astounding to me.

I think that the type of men that came out of there were the lifeblood of our present age's history--on an individual basis. But I think that probably in the last age they were of a type we cannot fully understand. Mighty men of renown! Giants, both literally and ethereally. What we know now is probably like a fading shadow or mist...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I agree who knows what the Ancients actually "knew". All i have to say is we dont give them much credit today. I think we are the ones that have become self-obbsesed and distracted... All we can really be sure of about history comes from the Bible.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I love egypt the pyramids look spectacular now but think about how they must have looked like back when they were built. All smooth white lime stone with a gold capstone and the blocks fit so perfect that you couldn't even slip a peice of paper between them it just goes to show what the human race is truly capable of. But also consider that they were built by thousands of slaves working together. I'm sure if we got thousands of people together and properly motivated we could probably build a pyramid.

new topics

top topics

join