It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for evidence of Martian History?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Check this out!

www.google.com...

I know that people have been using google earth to some good purpose looking at area 51, etc. This is really exciting to me!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is pretty cool, seems more along the line of gmaps but still decent. Anyone have another satellite proggy in realtime that can view Mars/Moon?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There isn't (that I know) any real time satellite images from the Moon or Mars, and even from the Earth there are very few almost real time image sites, usually with meteorologic photos.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well...it's a start. Plus the one they have of the moon too, which includes moon landing sites. Can't wait for a GoogleMoon, or GoogleMars even! (even if they are all smudged up

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nice Marid
Man there's some huge volcanoes on Mars!
Yeah a google moon will be cool as long as they're real pictures. I bet there's real time satellites, we just don't get to use them. I want to see Olympus Mons close up.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReneGade119
Can't wait for a GoogleMoon, or GoogleMars even! (even if they are all smudged up
You don't have to wait.

NASA has World Wind, an open source program that works more or less in the same way as the original Keyhole program (later bought by Google and presented as Google Earth).

With World Wind and some add-ons we can see the Earth (although with less resolution than Google Earth, because they use commercialy available satellite photos and World Wind uses freely available photos), the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, along with some of those planets' satellites.

Originally posted by Solarskye
I bet there's real time satellites, we just don't get to use them. I want to see Olympus Mons close up.
I don't think that even the military has satellites capable of showing Mars or even the Moon in real time.

This was the best that World Wind could show of Olympus Mons.

new topics

top topics

join