It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know what the real conspracy is-software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
software like photoshop an flash along with other programs like that.

anyone notice photoshop cost $649 dollars. and flash professional cost 699 dollars.

YET. www.deviantart.com... has over 22 million files. meaning alot of people use photoshop. But sure enough i bet maybe 2 percent IF even that actually have the money to pay for it. yea there is a 30 day trial,but theres alot of people that make lots of artwork. along with flash.

so i think the conspiracy is these software company over pricing everything causing to pirate them along with music. an then prosecuting people for having them.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I would love to buy software like photoshop or some cool 3D modeling software for my personal use, but your're right - Who has that kind of money? I'd love to know how much it really costs to produce software like that and how much of the cost is corporate profit. Then again, it's their company they can price it wherever they want. I just wish they, and others, produced a cheaper 'home' version (and not some cheap piece of trash).

Where I think the real conspiracy is, is in the uprades. Software companies come out with upgrades, seems like every six months or so. You either pony up the money or you're left out in the cold.

Unfortunately that's why I'm still using my 850MHz computer with 4 year old software and Netzero. I just can't afford it.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
true the upgrades are like 100 bucks alone.

what i hate is the antivirus upgrades. they come out witha new one everyear. leaving it easier to get a virus not having the upgraded version.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
big companies buy the full version of software like photoshop etc.. and I would imagine that's were most of the developers earnings come from, not individuals.

Software engineers, programmers, R&D, testing etc isnt cheap so Its probably not as inexpensive to develop as you might think, but I bet the are making a sizeable profit.

Maybe google or someone will offer a stripped down free version of it someday? Google now offers a fairly powerful freeware version of SketchUp which costs like $500 for the full version!

[edit on 24-6-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My thoughts are that most software carries it's own Death Gene.

Seems like none of them can run for too long without creating problems.
Mostly unfixable ones for the average owner.

Then it's time for version 9.0 or whatever.

Kinda goes along with the old theory that viruses are developed by people selling virus protection....

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It's actually the laws of supply and demand that is the real conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
true the upgrades are like 100 bucks alone.

what i hate is the antivirus upgrades. they come out witha new one everyear. leaving it easier to get a virus not having the upgraded version.

they upgrade antivirus software because there is constantly new viruses/threats being created. It's not some conspiracy. The same with other software. They improve it all the time.

things like photoshop and flash are expensive because they take a long time to create and program. do you have any idea how long and hard programmers work to write code for these software packages? They work very long hours, for long periods of time.

Sure, on the surface for what you may use photoshop or flash for it doesnt seem worth the money. But really have you seen everything those programs can do? I'm willing to bet not. You could really make your own cartoon or movie by yourself with these programs, and have it look the same as a disney/pixar film if you really put yourself into it. That's how powerful alot of these programs are.
So, really, the cost isnt the factor here, it's how much it is worth to you and what you are going to use it for. There are plenty of different software suites out there that may not cost as much, as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
geez. i had hope when i read the title.
software is probably one-third of the real conspiracy.
when was software mass in(tro)duced?
with the printing press.

that is a big, big part of the conspiracy.

the pheonician alphabet is also part of it.

programming humans through language is OLD, OLD news,

so old, that it has dried up and blown away in a multisensory, lightspeed, nearly omnicient, enviroment.

it is only a matter of time.

today i listened to jfk's 20 min. speech on secret societies.

wow. he could have said it TODAY and it would be the EXACT SAME CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

today i listened to jfk's 20 min. speech on secret societies.

wow. he could have said it TODAY and it would be the EXACT SAME CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER.

I was wondering if you have a link to it as I would like to hear it. thanks

Style, if you think supply and demand is the real conspiracy then how do you explain the commodities or stock markets? are they just a fabricated lie? Think about products that you use even something like food that you need constantly. Do you buy the the exact same amount of food or the same brand, size or serving every week? or do you buy different various items each time? Well sofgtware isnt any different in that you might buy a program one year and not the next so your demand changes, now scale up to millions to people.

THere is definitely some engineered obsolensence in software and even some dirtier stuff. I remember reading the accounts of some microsoft programmers that claim there was an unspoken directive from management so that when someone didnt upgrade to the new version of office there would be a certain amount of issues they would run into when trying to work with files created in the new version
so if you were running office 97 and someone sent you a word file created with office 2000 it would do some weird stuff! supposedly it was done so that only like 3-5% of the time it would randomy not work and create error messages. they said it was just enough so you couldnt really pin it on something, but eventually it would wear you down and you would just give in and buy the new version!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Open Source is our answer to BS software that costs money lol.......

GIMP is just as good as Photoshop, not to mention Audacity(audio editing), and Gorganknot(video an DVD stuffs)

all free all open source for all to mod or Bluescreen.....

people got tired of Photoshop an all the cruddy trials,

they have Adsoftware now, if no one knows about it

its freesoftware as long as you download their ad program an listen to deals here an then, i dont use it but i do know others who can handle em.... for converters an such.

new topics

top topics

join