It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have recently went to this web site www.freedomdomain.com... and I read every thing and after I made my own analysis I had my grandfather who is a Master Mason. My grandfather informed me not to believe this. In my opinion with out my grandfathers opinion the web site speaks of statements that are not true. I have been studying the masons for a very long time with some very important masonic leaders in the United States and my studies have lead me to the path of understanding the craft (Freemasonry). But to any one who would like to believe this nonsense go right ahead but I would ask you to speak to a mason or do the research your self before listening to some one. The web site is a great fictional site for people who are interested in fictional stories, but for the person who seeks the true questions about the Freemason is the one who makes his own decision about what to believe and the one who chooses his or her on path of research. In my conclusion I would say to a "seeker of the truth" the answer awaits you in plan view the question is can you see what the Freemasons are all about.

Sincerely,
Structura-Translation from Latin to English Freemason

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I gave you a way above vote for your enlightened attitude. I honestly wish more people would do their research from all points of view before criticizing, demonizing, or hating freemasonry.

Too many people here believe the garbage spewed on the net by a couple of questioable anti masonic figures and take their ramblings as gospel truth without researching the accuracy of it first.

I used to believe masons were sinister in creepy. But after actually doing research, listening to some masons themselves, and learning more about masonry, and then checking the sources and evidence of the anti crowd, I found basically, the vast majority of anti-masonic material out there is written by extreme right wing religous nuts who hate just about everything not christian or American, or written by people who need to take off the tin foil hate and get out of the basement a little more often.

I concluded that there was nothing sinister about Freemasonry as an organization and brotherhood, and even found that I admired it for the many good things it has done and seldom got credit for. I also found that in my search for knowledge and wisdom, I should always check and cross reference the sources of any claims before I believe them.

it seems you found this out in less time than it took me, so congrats and thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
lol..see this thread is a direct example of people heres mentality. its not flaming, its not hateful...its a postive spin, taken w/ lots of research as well.
are people interested? nope. they want to believe the extremes, and the blatently false, because its more exciting.

hence...only 2 replies in this thread. the usual mason bashing thread would have been on the 3rd page by now.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There really isn't much to discuss, perhaps thats why the thread hasn't generated many replies. Some guy says a particular site is junk, and leaves it at that.

What is there to discuss with that?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ahh, but how many of the anti mason threads are that as well? some guy coming on saying something that is concrete and irrefutable, or that a particular site/group is garbage, and pretty much leaves no room for debate in his statement.

yet it generates pages upon pages of discussion

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, thats the nature of discussions, discussion generates, more discussion!

What I am saying though is, if you want to get information about the degrees, what councils are regular, what the cryptic council is doing, etc etc, then a masonic board is probably a good bet. But if you want to discuss the esoteric 'truths' that are supposedly hidden within masonry, if you want to consider what the dangers are of having a secret society in operation, or what the benefits are, or what conspiracies the organization is/has been invovled in, then this is a good place to come. The masons that are here, they can clarify things, they can tell us that, for example, Crowley wasn't a regular mason, so you can't extrapolate that because he was a 33rd degree mason in the Cerneau Rite, that he ever even met anyone who was a 33rd Degree mason in the Scottish Rite (which is what we normally think of). Or if we want to consider the role of masons in world revolutions, the masons here can illuminate the relationship between continental masons and the girondists, while pointing out that Garibaldi is someone to look into, moreso than, perhaps, Robbespeirre or the claims of Robison et al.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hey Nygdan

Although I don't disagree with the content of your post, I think you'd be surprised as the robustness of the discussions on the better masonic discussion boards. The key difference there compared with here is that the members are working at a higher level of basic understanding about the organization, so some questions which might be raised here simply wouldn't be an issue there.

This is definately the best place to come for conspiracy related discussion. Bar none!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree with Yin Yang on this.

Unless you are posting something having to do with freemasons drinking blood and cutting secret deals with shapeshifting lizard aliens for human souls, any positive discussion about masons gets ignored or left alone.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's hard to talk about the fraternity so that it relates to conspiracy theories, and not have a negative connitation.

Talk about it without that bent, and you've crossed the line of relevance.

top topics

join